• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Challenge Gameplay Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it hard to believe that it could affect licenses at this stage...

On my browser it says video has been removed by user. Help!?

On my browser it says video has been removed by user. Help!?
You may well be too late i am afraid, but it is a good thing that it has been removed, as it stops it being spread and harming the game.

It's bound to have been downloaded and re-uploaded a couple of times, that happens all the time on youtube.

Look hard enough and I'm sure you'll be able to find a copy.

Just out of interest where was this leaked from?

TRF_Olyy said:
From a naive non-gaming-industry-point-of-view I don't understand why a licenser would remove their license because of this
Is it because it shows a lack of security or something?

There are all sorts of copyright, confidentiality, and trademark violations going on.

I can tell you now, one licensor isn't happy. At a minimum, this has likely pushed back approvals by another 2 weeks. At worst, we'll lose a license.

Ahh I see... Simple mistake... You got to love the internet!

It wasn't a simple mistake.

Don't tell me it was the French who shared it?

Yes. It was a French retailer.

From looking at the video I am worried that you can't catch the ball in a lineout and form a maul - you simply always tap the ball down to the scrum half. Can you form mauls from a lineout Mario? And can you form mauls at all? Also can you get faster ball at rucks as the rucks looked slow from the vid

It's bound to have been downloaded and re-uploaded a couple of times, that happens all the time on youtube.

Look hard enough and I'm sure you'll be able to find a copy.

I'd really appreciate if you didn't encourage people, thanks.

This is likely going to damage our game.

NOTICE

Please do not post the link to this video on this forum, if you do discover it please send to Myself or Mario or Milla via pm

Any links will be removed and the member warned!

I must say I liked the look of the video alot. definatly glad I have seen it. Sure there are a few things that would need a bit of work on (and I am sure I am going to be sick of Justin Marshall by the time i have played this a few times) but it still looked very good. I thought the scrum was a bit mini game ish, which does detract from the game a bit. Hopefully the side on view is nice as I like playing it on that. Hopefully if that is useless that they fix the posts because they get in the way otherwise when your in your own half. (make them semi transparent or something)

I do hope to watch/play a full game soon, i am itching to get my hands on both the ***les.

Dam!!! So frustrating reading every1's posts abet this bid, I havnt even seen it. $#it

I must say I liked the look of the video alot. definatly glad I have seen it. Sure there are a few things that would need a bit of work on (and I am sure I am going to be sick of Justin Marshall by the time i have played this a few times) but it still looked very good. I thought the scrum was a bit mini game ish, which does detract from the game a bit. Hopefully the side on view is nice as I like playing it on that. Hopefully if that is useless that they fix the posts because they get in the way otherwise when your in your own half. (make them semi transparent or something)

I do hope to watch/play a full game soon, i am itching to get my hands on both the ***les.

Yeah after seeing it I have similar sentiments. I always play side-on so I am sure that will look better. Have to say that replay of Fritz running the length and stepping two players looked awesome!

Great!:
  • Graphics.
  • Very slick presentation.
  • Training + Fifa-style 'throw the ball around' pre-game.
  • Mauls in open play!
  • Goal kicking looked nice.
  • Slow-mo kicking. I have never played any other Sidhe games but I thought this looked OK. Will only be able to tell when I can try it out!
Concerns:
  • Rucks look very Rugby 2001 i.e. mini-scrums (which I didn't like). When do you see 8 players from each side contest a ruck?
  • As much as I thought the Fritz try was good, both the sidesteps looked exactly the same, and the defender did exactly the same thing. Little bit worried it will be Fifa-Street style 'if they get the timing right, you lose any control of the situation and the animation takes over'.
  • The HUGE bullet miss passes to the wingers. It happened twice to Clerc and for the Medard try. Just didn't seem right. Most of the passes seemed OK but for such a long pass there should at least be a short wind-up from the passer to get the power to put so much speed on it, or be a little more floaty to compensate.
  • Defence parted the red sea at times.
  • In some tackles it just seemed like everyone stood around watching instead of getting in ready to contest the ball.
Hopefully the game was being played on a really easy level by someone who didn't have a clue, and most of those concerns can be ignored. I still have a bad gut feeling about the rucks and animation/hijacking of the controls... We will just have to wait and see.

Last edited:
After reading the comments, i now realise why i couldn't search for it through my ps3 :p (wanted to see it on a bigger screen :p). I did watch it on laptop, i'm very impressed. Hope the incident doesn't damage things too much for you guys, but in all seriousness the majority of feedback is positive :D

So anyone getting the sack or?? .....

Only joking that would be horrible :(

I'd really appreciate if you didn't encourage people, thanks.

This is likely going to damage our game.
Sorry to hear that I now fell bad that I posted it on my FB hope it doesn't make to much of a dent:(

• Slow-mo kicking. I have never played any other Sidhe games but I thought this looked OK. Will only be able to tell when I can try it out!
I've played all three RL games and I have to say that, imo, the kicking is done very well

Yeah after seeing it I have similar sentiments. I always play side-on so I am sure that will look better. Have to say that replay of Fritz running the length and stepping two players looked awesome!

Great!:
  • Graphics.
  • Very slick presentation.
  • Training + Fifa-style 'throw the ball around' pre-game.
  • Mauls in open play!
  • Goal kicking looked nice.
Concerns:
  • Rucks look very Rugby 2001 i.e. mini-scrums (which I didn't like). When do you see 8 players from each side contest a ruck?
  • As much as I thought the Fritz try was good, both the sidesteps looked exactly the same, and the defender did exactly the same thing. Little bit worried it will be Fifa-Street style 'if they get the timing right, you lose any control of the situation and the animation takes over'.
  • The HUGE bullet miss passes to the wingers. It happened twice to Clerc and for the Medard try. Just didn't seem right. Most of the passes seemed OK but for such a long pass there should at least be a short wind-up from the passer to get the power to put so much speed on it, or be a little more floaty to compensate.
  • Defence parted the red sea at times.
  • In some tackles it just seemed like everyone stood around watching instead of getting in ready to contest the ball.
Hopefully the game was being played on a really easy level by someone who didn't have a clue, and most of those concerns can be ignored. I still have a bad gut feeling about the rucks and animation/hijacking of the controls... We will just have to wait and see.

I have to with respect, DISAGREE!!!! this what I thought. Did you not see the smaller rucks???? The larger rucks are probably from blind button mashing, it seemed like the ruck was won and they just kept on adding players, but at least this gives us the control. (I am speculating though) Was there any ruck that looked like the wrong team won the ruck contest??? I analyzed by pausing all of the rucks and looking at the circle meter graphs that I imagine showed possesion, and not one ruck looked like it went to the wrong team, not one.

Just great!!!!! Was supposed to get some work done today:) Now I will spend 90% of the day analyzing this video:) and the other 10% watching Argentina vs columbia in futbol. Some how I got the feeling this video will not last very long on you tube, don't think there was permission, personal opinion, hopefully I am wrong. I any case, SIDHE , EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT, SPECTACULAR, first impression, and lucky the french that can even analyze it more. Can you say (FRENCH DICTIONARY TRANSLATION):)
Loved the breackdown, you could actually retain possesion out wide. Correct me if I am wrong, but the rucking system looked spectacular, it seemed like , and I think because it is in French, not sure, rucking works like this: you add players to the ruck when you see you have gained advantage on the circular meter you then press another button for the final grab, if the meeter is mostly on your side, you win the ruck, this can happen with 2 players in the ruck or 5, it seems like you have to press the aggressive button at the correct time. Looks very, very, realistic both pace and over all game play. French dudes, Help us out here!!!! Some translations please to confirm some stuff. Mario, please give a big thank you to the Sidhe team, you can see lots and lots of originality and work put into this game already. I will be buying both games, rw2011, and two for Sidhe's game, PC and Ps3, but gut feeling(set on by video:)) is RC will get the trophy. Could not been happier how the gameplay looks, this is much better then a game trailer. Would of like to see somthing for set plays and mauls, don't know if they are included, i think mauls have been confirmed??
Mucho Cheers and Salud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts