• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Challenge Gameplay Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's bound to have been downloaded and re-uploaded a couple of times, that happens all the time on youtube.

Look hard enough and I'm sure you'll be able to find a copy.

Im pretty certain as of right now it is nowhere on the internet.

well ak47 hasnt seen it

so u wont hear anything from me.

but pls dont tell me the sidhe sidecam is back - ie unplayable?

well ak47 hasnt seen it

so u wont hear anything from me.

but pls dont tell me the sidhe sidecam is back - ie unplayable?

There was no demo of the side camera in the video.

I've seen the video myself, but I honestly feel bad for Mario, Milla, Sidhe & HES that this has happened to them. At the time in the morning over here that it appeared I was very tired and should've exercised better judgement and let them know via PM on both forums, so they could've seen it as soon as possible. Sorry about that Mario. I certainly hope that whoever has done this as part of the retail chain in France is dealt with accordingly and that all of your licensors realise that this was something of which you had no real control.

Aside from that, the game appears at this stage to be a fairly strong product, a lot of pros and a few cons, but still of course something I'm buying on release.

Mario sounds like he's gunna open a can of ass kicking on someone

At the time in the morning over here that it appeared I was very tired and should've exercised better judgement and let them know via PM on both forums, so they could've seen it as soon as possible. Sorry about that Mario.

No problem, not your responsibility.

Good to know when stuff like this happens I can rely on my spider sense at least. I woke up inexplicably at 5.30am with a "something is wrong" feeling and thought "I'd better just check the forums".

I remember it only had about 7 comments and 300 views when i saw it. Hope they can't sort things out.

Sidhe deliberately put it up but it was only viewable to those that had the direct link. Someone shared this link with the general public. Apparently they shouldn't have done that.

Hey man long time

such a bad thing to happen for sidhe right in the middle of their media campaign. I hope everything can be sorted out and the loss of a license doesn't happen. even though it was leaked from an obvious beta build the comments about it seem largely postive. still look forward to the release of rugby challenge and of course seeing some gameplay footage from a match.

Damn french ruin everything. Gaming licences, NZ rugby world cup campaigns. Feelin for ya sidhe, what a **** thing to happen. Hopefully if any licences are lost they are french. That'll teach them.

Damn french ruin everything. Gaming licences, NZ rugby world cup campaigns. Feelin for ya sidhe, what a **** thing to happen. Hopefully if any licences are lost they are french. That'll teach them.

I'd rather French fans didn't suffer because of the actions of a French retailer.

After a fair bit of reflection and watching the clip a few times there are some real positives and a few negatives, doubts and concerns. The presentation on this game is leaps and bounds a head of most sports ***les and the graphics in game are better than Fifa IMO. The cut scenes are actually quiet remarkable in terms of players faces and actions.

Now down to the real issues. The game play looked a bit flat with a lack of variation in attack. The collisions looked good but seemed to lack intensity(might be different if rumble is effective). The passing looked ok but did not look like much of an improvement over RL2(graphics withstanding). There were quiet a few times where a player was held up in the tackle and both teams stood back and watched the arm wrestle until he went to ground. Looked very much like a league game when this occured. Never saw a maul the whole game. Rucks looked pretty good but I have a few slight concerns in the time it takes the forwards to arrive sometimes. To stop bunching like in previous rugby ***les they seem to have programmed a line that the players will not cross once a player makes a break to eradicate this affect, which will be very frustrating.

This is especially obvious in the last try where the guy stepped the last defender and the 9 ran over to him and practically touched him and then the programming took over and he would not make the tackle and practically ran the other way. The stepping animations are the same for all players(no problem from for me not a big deal) but they are once again animations that have to complete before you can control the game again.

Biggest issue and concern is the tackle animation kicks in a couple of seconds before there is contact. There were quite a few times where the animation would kick in before the player as actually reached the man(sucked to the man effect) and all the players stop until the game has processed the animation. This is a huge problem in some sports ***les as it breaks the game rhythm and takes away that split second of control needed for a game to really flow. this will also seriously affect online as when you add lag this is going to effect the gameplay in a massive way.

Overall the game is from a visual perspective is very impressive, however I think that the game play will become a bit repetitive and one dimensional in a short space of time. I hope that my views will prove unfounded after purchasing the game.

I'd rather French fans didn't suffer because of the actions of a French retailer.
as yes i presumed as much, considering this sudden exposure to the french media, meant local officialdom for them? Now, the powers to be not happy

I saw the r-stick was needed for scrums. Eeep.

Looked very interesting, sad to hear that all hell has broken loose with SIDHE though, can't believe that licence grantors would be so anal about stuff. Its that french retailer, they've also put up a "box art" for it (not linking cause i'll be told off :p). From their game description it looks like it'll have lots of clubs, which should leave us with a "Loop hole" with international sides ;) (I'm now going to await a slap on the wrist :D)

Looked very interesting, sad to hear that all hell has broken loose with SIDHE though, can't believe that licence grantors would be so anal about stuff. Its that french retailer, they've also put up a "box art" for it (not linking cause i'll be told off :p). From their game description it looks like it'll have lots of clubs, which should leave us with a "Loop hole" with international sides ;) (I'm now going to await a slap on the wrist :D)

TVH11 has received a life-time ban by TRF. We decided that enough was enough and we have made an example of him. Be warned.

Jokes...

TVH11 has received a life-time ban by TRF. We decided that enough was enough and we have made an example of him. Be warned.

Jokes...

...and his family shall be taken to a gulag to await further punishment for his indescretions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts