RUGBY DVD – Documentaries?

goodNumber10

International
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
London Wasps
*hope this is in the right place*

Afternoon chaps, just got the Lions RAW DVD through the post today (no one tell me the ending), what else is good out there? Bear in mind I have every Lions DVD since 97.

Any other particularly good DVD’s that are a must watch? Coaching ones are fine as well if anyone knows of some good ones.

I do like that sort of thing, and i enjoyed his biography a lot..

that's the RTE one right?

There are some pre-professional era documentaries following ABs tours (kind of a Living With The Lions precursor) that are well worth a look for a bit of a laugh / nostalgia. Pop "The Good, The Bad and The Rugby" and "Blood, Sweat and Touring" into YouTube.

There's also a good one following the Scottish squad that gives in insight into the preparation / conditioning work they do. I don't have the hard drive it's on to hand at the moment, so hopefully someone else will chime in with the name.

Edit: pop "Rugby Documentaries" into Google, there's a channel with plenty to keep you going.

Last edited:
The RTE one yeah, really good watch. They followed him for a few years with the cameras. I reckon the one that comes out about this 6 Nations should be a good one given the fairytale nature of the win. Expect well get a BOD one soon.
Lions Raw wasn't that great. The classics from the old Lions tours are tops..

Last edited:
The RTE one yeah, really good watch. They followed him for a few years with the cameras. I reckon the one that comes out about this 6 Nations should be a good one given the fairytale nature of the win. Expect well get a BOD one soon.
Lions Raw wasn't that great. The classics from the old Lions tours are tops..

Watched Lions Raw last night, and it wasn't as inspirational as the others, certainly not 97 and 2001, or 2009.

The thing i did find interesting about this documentary was that it showed the level of intensity they are constantly at, even in just their down time it's a massive workload.

Needed more downtime stuff to complement the Rugby related stuff, didn't really get an insight into any of the lads, or the medical teams like we have previously.

cheers for the recommendations will be watching them whilst the wife and nippers away :)

The film of the training sessions was the best part about lions raw the rest of it was meh

The film of the training sessions was the best part about lions raw the rest of it was meh

yeah, as a coach I thought there was some interesting stuff in there - though i didn't think their rucking drills were exactly teaching them to stay on their feet....

Forever strong is a good movie it had sean faris in it out of never back down

Last edited:

Latest posts