• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

rugby league 2 on xbox

I hope this new Rugbly League on the x-box is going to be better than Rugby League 2 on PS2! :p

There is always a chance it may be.....heres hoping....

But atm it looks like a very long shot getting close to EA's R2006.....man I can't believe i just typed that.

Did you know that on R2006 you can......damn......I'll show everyone at the comp....lets just say that there is a major secret that not many people know about yet with TRF game.......it is like a big one third of your attacking options that has been kept secret........till you discover it using your imagination!

Originally posted by woosaah@Jun 26 2006, 02:24 PM
it has to be, its got the haka o_O
I hope there's more responsive control of the Rugby being played.

Originally posted by woosaah@Jun 26 2006, 02:31 PM
you suck gg :D
....once you discover it.......well you know how sometimes on TV they do certain things that you can't emulate on R2006.....well......there are some things that YOU CAN DO with the secret attacking option.....that is all the clues i am giving!!!!!

....so that after a while....R2006 plays out better than real life!

we are all dead i tell you (have we just hijacked the rugby league 2 on xbox thread to r2006 on xbox torny? that has to be a record)

Yep......TRF R2006 thread is getting big and it was inevitable that it would spill out everywhere!

There's always a gay guy spilling over somewhere isn't there...
this 'new revelation' isn't along the same lines of the other ones is it GG?

Originally posted by dobrien7@Jun 26 2006, 10:44 PM
There's always a gay guy spilling over somewhere isn't there...
this 'new revelation' isn't along the same lines of the other ones is it GG?
.....hahaha.......

...did I tell you I had an interest in psychology and am a bit sad that I neve studied it?

I hope they have simalir controls to the rugby game cause i know i got sick of having to tap a button to make the player sprint

you will still have 2 do that

though you really only needed 2 tap it 3 times and hold 2 sprint

Originally posted by woosaah@Jun 27 2006, 12:58 PM
you will still have 2 do that

though you really only needed 2 tap it 3 times and hold 2 sprint
Well that won't be so bad then i can handle that

Cheers for clearing that up

If, and know that this is a big IF, there is more control of the action in the X-Box version, there could be a new game to talk about besides Rugby '06.

There's been six months gone in which they might have tweaked something.

They got critical praise from some quarters with the PS2 version, absurd as that may sound, but the fans have (on this website at least) largely panned it.

There is a chance however that Sidhe may have spent a little time, ironing out some of the fundamental gameplay control flaws which dogged the PS2 and to a lesser degree (apparently) the PC version.

If they have, then the game has the potential to be very good. Behind the flawed gameplay elements were some great features which would easily shine through if the other problems were addressed.

Sadly, as optomistic as I might sound, there a realist in my head saying, "No way. They'll just be releasing the same stuffed up game from last christmas".

But then, what do I know if I've got voices in my head? :p

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Jun 29 2006, 10:07 AM
Sadly, as optomistic as I might sound, there a realist in my head saying, "No way. They'll just be releasing the same stuffed up game from last christmas".

:lol:

Could be.....would have to do some radical changes to make this game good....can't see that happening due to their budget.....

.....good that they are givng it a go.....keeps the big players on their toes :bravo:

Mario has already said that it plays the same as pc and ps2, so there you go. The steps barges etc hav been moved to the right stcik, which is a good idea, but it wont change the fact that these moves (Bar the ridiculous side step) dont actually work. There has been kit updates an some new animations, but fundamentally the same.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jun 29 2006, 11:18 AM
Mario has already said that it plays the same as pc and ps2, so there you go. The steps barges etc hav been moved to the right stcik, which is a good idea, but it wont change the fact that these moves (Bar the ridiculous side step) dont actually work. There has been kit updates an some new animations, but fundamentally the same.
Sad....................

I suppose money does buy happiness after all :mellow:

Latest posts