• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

rugby league 2 on xbox

Im just kidding, thanks for the boost iverson, but i dont need any pity reps! Ive always been a kind of invisible member, I wonder if its because i hav no avatar or pictures?

Not a pity rep. Well, deserved. Ok, maybe I shouldn't give another one for a while, there ya go.

There's nothing wrong with pity reps. It's pity sex that no-one wants, eh jose?

Originally posted by woosaah+Jun 30 2006, 11:32 AM-->
Originally posted by esoj@Jun 30 2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by C A Iversen@Jun 29 2006, 11:20 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Jun 29 2006, 08:56 PM
oh really. so is the game suddenly now playable on the x-box. all the gameplay flaws in the ps2 and pc version have been fixed. if the game has changed that much we should all be asking for a patch or something.

the changes for the x-box sound really gameplay changing don't they

NEW!! XBOX ONLY FEATURES:

Updated uniforms, sponsors and team lists for the 2006 season

All new live in-game player stats

New Zealand Haka

Widescreen television support

so the rosters are up to date. nz haka is in. can play it on widescreen. and as for these new live stats from reading on the rl 2 forums they pop up in cut scenes. worth paying around another $70-80 if you have the ps2 or pc version not likely

Yes, really. I never said that anything had changed. In fact it's quite possible your right. All I said though, was to ask you (nicely) for you to please stop stating even well informed opinion as fact.

You made a conclusive statement about something you don't know about.

Honestly, if once you can't admit that it was a little bit of a bad call, then I'll have to do a neg rep. I've never done one, and I'll only ever do it if I'm sure I'm 100% on an issue.

If you do one to me on this, I'll see the mods about it being an unfair one.

I'm not trying to bait you or give you a hard time. It's fairly legitimate of me to say that we can't go around saying anything for sure about a product when we don't know 100%. We can all make assertions, but can't claim to know what we don't.

I'm not trying to argue, I just think this is an issue that only the publisher can comment on definitively.

Lets be fair.

I personally think the rep system is a joke and I really don't care about it anymore.

that info was taken straight off the publishers/developers website so it is not my opinion at all it is the publishers/developers opinion.

there is proabbly a .1% chance that the actual gameplay has changed and if anything else has changed beyond those mentioned surely from a pr point of view they would hype them up a lot more.

I am sorry that if posting information off the publisher/developers website offends you and makes you think that I know all about the game. of course nobody knows until someone tries it but has this ever stopped anyone making comments on any other game on this forum. perhaps this should be made into a rule that you can't make any comment about a game until you or someone you know have played it. there can't be 2 sets of rules on this forum one for me and another for everyone else.
just thought i would add something to what CA was saying.

you say you got it from the developers website? you didnt say you did that, and without going there himself he wouldnt have known.

he isnt a mind reader :) [/b]
hence why i clarified by copy pasting it from the site.

the rep system is a joke. in the early days the like of ripper etc would neg rep me for no good reason at all. and recently I managed to upset the welsh fans who all came out of the woodwork and neg reped me for nothing. I had a -4 rep in the space of about 24hrs or so. the rep system is all about who is the most popular on the forum. I certainly am not for some of the views and opinions I have taken and therefore have a low rep. if you have been here for over a year and don't have double rep it just means you went against the mainstream of opinion for one and secondly proabbly ****** off a whole group of fans who all neged rep you at once.

You've become a funny man all of a sudden, Ripper. I'm a fan of your posts.

Originally posted by Ripper@Jun 30 2006, 04:56 PM
So if you don't care you won't mind taking you down to Zero?

And SIDHE are crap.
I really wouldn't care actually. I got over the value of the rep system ages ago.

So back on topic now everyone.....Has anyone got any screen shots of the new game

Righto, anyone know if this game has released on time today? It was supposed to be July 13th. So, is it out yet?

I'm at work and not allowed to go onto too many sites. So someone check out xbox.geek.co.nz they have a VERY accurate release bar down the right hand side.

Well the daddy daycare forums @ sidhe are going nuts

All their xmas' have come at once - so it seems

I give it 1 week before the reality check kicks in, and they start slamming.

I feel like I am a sith lord..............knowing the outcome of this ***le already. :lol:

The only good thing to come of this is more $$ for Sidhe to fix their issues for sequals....well i can only hope

I hear from Candyman that there have been gameplay tweaks. He has played PS2 and XBox now, and has said that he hasn't made a final opinion on it, but it initially feels like it's playing better and has some bugs knocked out.

(Come to think of it, having to change the program to put in the haka, differing controller setup and other considerations in the change over would almost certainly lead to gameplay tweaks here and there)

I'm not saying this is a better or more playable version than PS2 (I wouldn't dare say for sure without having tried myself), I am just intrigued to play for myself this arvo and give you my thoughts later on.

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Jul 16 2006, 12:09 PM
I hear from Candyman that there have been gameplay tweaks. He has played PS2 and XBox now, and has said that he hasn't made a final opinion on it, but it initially feels like it's playing better and has some bugs knocked out.

(Come to think of it, having to change the program to put in the haka, differing controller setup and other considerations in the change over would almost certainly lead to gameplay tweaks here and there)

I'm not saying this is a better or more playable version than PS2 (I wouldn't dare say for sure without having tried myself), I am just intrigued to play for myself this arvo and give you my thoughts later on.
Yes C A Iversen is correct, i have played this game a few times now and rate it far better than the PS2 version of the game.

Yes, he is.

On the subject of the Xbox version, I have to say that the gameplay is different to the PS2 version. Do I find it significantly different to make it a better game? Well, it certainly seems so so far.

I may at this stage be influenced by the much better, closer, default camera angle, or the passes going to hand a little better, but I'm going to reserve my final judgement for a few days.

I feel that it still isn't a patch on Rugby '06, but it plays better than the PS2 version. Defence is still a bit of a shambles, but how much of that is due to me just not being that accurate in selection and targeting of the tackler, I don't know yet.

I'm not saying these changes are going to set the world on fire, but if it means I can actually play it properly and there are some bug fixes (which there seem to be), then I'm somewhat more happy than I was with my PS2 version.

Dobrien7 and I played a few games this arvo and although the jury is still out on whether it's 5% better or 20% better, it is still seems better to me.

If you could test it on the harder difficulty that would be great iverson, thats where the game really fell apart on the other versions.

Latest posts