• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League 2 preview and screenshots at NZGamer

Nice stuff, ps2 doesn't do the graphics much justice though
<

I get a real positive feeling from this review.........

*I like the franchise screen, especially the general information piece on the bottom - in this instance giving information over an injury from another team and the result of another game.

*NO MORE BUTTON BASHING - excellent news, welcome to the 21st century!!

*Possibility of having major team injury problems (doesn't sound like number of injuries to a side at any one time is capped), resulting in you having to draft in free agents to fill the roster.

Excellent, I am really quite looking forward to this. Now I hope the delay was for the inclusion of Xbox (doubtfully) as I just sold my PS2.

Originally posted by NZL fan@Sep 9 2005, 07:57 AM

*I like the franchise screen, especially the general information piece on the bottom - in this instance giving information over an injury from another team and the result of another game.

*Possibility of having major team injury problems (doesn't sound like number of injuries to a side at any one time is capped), resulting in you having to draft in free agents to fill the roster.
Rugby League 2 FAQ
Does sprinting and aggression require you to tap the button really fast or do you hold the button down?

There is very mixed opinion about what is better, holding down the button, or tapping the button repeatedly. Looking at the pros and cons of each and it occurred to us that a hybrid approach may be the best.

In RL2 for best results and maximum aggression, you need to tap the button quickly about half a dozen times and from there you can hold the button down.

This still means you need to be quick with your fingers and you get a sense of urgency, but you don't kill your thumb by having to tap the button all the way down the field on a longer run.

when i ordered my copy of rl2 they asked me if i wanted it on xbox, i said it isnt' coming out is it? they said december o_O or early next year

i want it on pc anyway

just wish there was a release date

Originally posted by doovepop+Sep 9 2005, 11:57 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (doovepop @ Sep 9 2005, 11:57 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
@Sep 9 2005, 07:57 AM

Rugby League 2 FAQ
Does sprinting and aggression require you to tap the button really fast or do you hold the button down?

There is very mixed opinion about what is better, holding down the button, or tapping the button repeatedly. Looking at the pros and cons of each and it occurred to us that a hybrid approach may be the best.

In RL2 for best results and maximum aggression, you need to tap the button quickly about half a dozen times and from there you can hold the button down.

This still means you need to be quick with your fingers and you get a sense of urgency, but you don't kill your thumb by having to tap the button all the way down the field on a longer run. [/b]
That sounds like a pretty good idea.
So if you only tap it say, 2 times, do you run faster thn normal, but not a full-on sprint, thus conserving a bit of energy?

UNBELIEVABLE mario... This game looks fantastic!!

Good work to all your boys, the game is looking like its gonna go WAY past what I had initially expected. THANK YOU!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHH !!! I want this game already! It looks so bloody kick arse! I've been talking to Qlder boys at work about it and we're all keen to play SOO and other games online, just to add extra banter to the already feirce rivalry's we've got going in tipping comps etc at work.

But BLOODY HELL this game looks absolutely unbelievable! That preview is right, it looks Madden/Fifa quality, but it's based on a sport that is actually good!

<
<
<
<
<

COME ON LATE 2005!!! WE WANTS RL2!
*"wants" used in reference to gollum terminology with 'the one ring'*

Hooray for SIDHE! Hooray for the future of their Rugby League game franchise! May it continue well into the generation of consoles that come after the upcoming gen of PS3 and XBOX360.

Originally posted by kinkon89@Sep 10 2005, 01:32 PM
now you know how i felt about rugby 2005

<
RL2 is seriously gonna **** on Rugby 2005 though... Rugby 2005 was great, but it was obviously cuffed by EA's need to stick to release time frames despite work still needing to be done (ie variable weather conditions, offloads, franchise etc and all the other things they didn't finish in the game).

Originally posted by woosaah@Sep 9 2005, 11:59 AM
when i ordered my copy of rl2 they asked me if i wanted it on xbox, i said it isnt' coming out is it? they said december o_O or early next year

i want it on pc anyway

just wish there was a release date
f***IN HELL

IS THIS COMIN OUT ON XBOX OR NOT?!?!?!?!?!?

IS IT COMING OUT ON XBOX MARIO?...

geez im confused..f***in bloody hell...

This has probably been asked before, but I dont care, since im the customer and im the one who helps feed your family in my own little way.

Has Player Progression been implemented into Franchise Mode, and if so, will player progress... or degress during the season (like in Madden around every 4 weeks players will go up or down depending on thier preformances in the season so far - so its preety much a "form" rating as well)

Originally posted by sanzar@Sep 10 2005, 01:23 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHH !!! I want this game already! It looks so bloody kick arse! I've been talking to Qlder boys at work about it and we're all keen to play SOO and other games online, just to add extra banter to the already feirce rivalry's we've got going in tipping comps etc at work.

But BLOODY HELL this game looks absolutely unbelievable! That preview is right, it looks Madden/Fifa quality, but it's based on a sport that is actually good!

<
<
<
<
<

COME ON LATE 2005!!! WE WANTS RL2!
*"wants" used in reference to gollum terminology with 'the one ring'*

Hooray for SIDHE! Hooray for the future of their Rugby League game franchise! May it continue well into the generation of consoles that come after the upcoming gen of PS3 and XBOX360.
I can give you a free copy about a week before it releases...

...Sorry, that was mean.

Originally posted by Ripper@Sep 11 2005, 12:49 PM
This has probably been asked before, but I dont care, since im the customer and im the one who helps feed your family in my own little way.

Has Player Progression been implemented into Franchise Mode, and if so, will player progress... or degress during the season (like in Madden around every 4 weeks players will go up or down depending on thier preformances in the season so far - so its preety much a "form" rating as well)
Stats can change over time during Franchise if thats what you mean. Player/team confidence influence also remains from RL1.

Latest posts