• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League 2

Rumor has it that it's secretly been in production for some time now and that we will see a release mid year...
Don't bother asking Mario mate, his hands seem to be tied on anything RL2 related.

Originally posted by sanzar@Feb 13 2005, 07:28 PM
Ok boys it's rumor mill time! List all the rumours you've heard about RL2 from this point on and we'll see how much is true when the game comes out in June or whatever! I'll start the ball rolling:

Apparently Rabs Warren and Fatty Vautin will commentate this time around and the game will have a Channel 9 Friday night footy theme to it.
will be glad to add to this

i heard there will be an international tourno in the game with more than 3 sides

i heard the french rugby league team will be in the RL sequel

perhaps many more countries will jump on board aswell.

yes and heard mid yr to late 2005 release aswell

Originally posted by ak47@Feb 11 2005, 12:45 PM
we we

i give u a lil hint mesuir

"yeah they come to snub the rooster....yeah yeah yeah..u know he aint gonna die"
Layne told you!!!!!!!

Next time you speak to him can you ask him why he had to waste a fine talent on drug abuse............

Do you guys really believe a sequel is already in development, or is it wishful thinking?

Personally I'm a lot more negative than that. I'm beginning to wonder if a sequel will be made at all, which is a crying shame because I genuinely feel the parties involved in a sequel would make a heap of money. They have laid the platform with a solid if unspectacular first ***le (it still blew WCR and EA Rugby out of the water) and the chance to develop on that would be a massive one to waste.

I applaud your optimism, but I wonder if deep down you know it is misplaced. Here's hoping I am wrong.

Originally posted by RedV@Feb 16 2005, 02:37 PM
Do you guys really believe a sequel is already in development, or is it wishful thinking?

Personally I'm a lot more negative than that. I'm beginning to wonder if a sequel will be made at all, which is a crying shame because I genuinely feel the parties involved in a sequel would make a heap of money. They have laid the platform with a solid if unspectacular first ***le (it still blew WCR and EA Rugby out of the water) and the chance to develop on that would be a massive one to waste.

I applaud your optimism, but I wonder if deep down you know it is misplaced. Here's hoping I am wrong.
Welcome REDV

I dont wanna rain on ur negative parade, but i know people, whom are heavily deep down getting fingers muddy for the NRL sequel

Its not optimism.....its fact!

Sorry i cant elaborate on anything, but theres a fair bit of confidentiality involved for all parties, not only Sidhe

To add to this........

I know a friend of a friend (this is true by the way) that did some of the original graphics for one or two of the stadiums - apparently he was back on the job quite a few months ago working on the sequel........

Chances of a sequel (especially reading between the lines whenever Mario posts on here recently) are 99.9%

I agree. Look back at most of Marios posts in this thread and you will get the feeling tht he is unofficially telling us a sequel will be coming out.

Originally posted by ak47+Feb 16 2005, 02:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Feb 16 2005, 02:53 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-RedV
@Feb 16 2005, 02:37 PM

Welcome REDV

I dont wanna rain on ur negative parade, but i know people, whom are heavily deep down getting fingers muddy for the NRL sequel

Its not optimism.....its fact!

Sorry i cant elaborate on anything, but theres a fair bit of confidentiality involved for all parties, not only Sidhe [/b]
Thanks for that reply ak47

It's great to see people so optimistic. I can't wait for the game to come out.

A member of redvee.net I assume?
<

I am soo looking forward to this game as well, if it ever gets announced that is. Before the last game came out i saw Marios presentation at Armageddon in Wellington and i was impressed at some of the stuff he was talking about, and what he showed. And that was for the last game.

Also liked his we story on the barbie game LOL he said something about hiring dances or something.

Well i hope there is news soon

catch ya

stu

I can't wait for this game. I'm going to say it will be better than Rugby 2005. Bring it on.

Let's just say, the rugby league section of this forum could well explode very soon!
<

whispers on the wind locksley?

cool ... I just hope the availability of any 2nd league game is a little better in the UK (well, NI/Rep. of Ire anyways!)

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Feb 23 2005, 09:51 PM
whispers on the wind locksley?

cool ... I just hope the availability of any 2nd league game is a little better in the UK (well, NI/Rep. of Ire anyways!)
I'm sure it will be - it can't be any worse!!!

Alright you hunters and gatherers, some questions as I've still never played the first one. What international sides were there in the first one (I presume there was a World Cup option?) And . . . no, that's it for now. I want to play it, but I don't have a powerful PC. Balls!

Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 24 2005, 11:48 AM
Alright you hunters and gatherers, some questions as I've still never played the first one. What international sides were there in the first one (I presume there was a World Cup option?) And . . . no, that's it for now. I want to play it, but I don't have a powerful PC. Balls!
no mate

no world cup coz the RL world cup is shithouse

only domestic teams, and NZ, australia and Great Britian

its rugby league man

there's only 1 comp that matters - THE NRL!!!!!!!
but u have hte option to play Super League - dont get confused, its an inferior comp, even tho its called super....sorry St Hels - hahaha
<

Well, I kinda figured as much after reading a few posts that League 2 might have International teams, but just thought in the off chance the first one had it.

I'd like to think that they'll have internationals this next time round, even if the competition severely drops off, it's still good to have, more of a challenge to play as a minnow, and just puts up a bit more variety for the player.

I need ta get it, but it's gonna have to wait.