• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League 2

MARIO is it true you have started work on the new league game. i read somewhere you were doing some work at weta. motion capture perhaps?

Originally posted by umosay+Jan 7 2005, 11:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Jan 7 2005, 11:01 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@Jan 7 2005, 11:56 PM
Did you join just to ask that...
Enough prejudice Wally, Just because his first post is here doesn't mean its his only one... [/b]
You'll have to forgive wally, he's from Queensland, and well... they didn't have High School untill the 60's up there so it's all a bit backward
<

Aye wally?
<

Originally posted by Cappy@Jan 10 2005, 04:53 PM
MARIO is it true you have started work on the new league game. i read somewhere you were doing some work at weta. motion capture perhaps?
You won't get an answer asking that... We'll just have to wait untill Mario and co decide it's time unveil what they have or haven't done...

Mario: Just a quick question.......

If you were to make a new version of SJRL (which of course you are not already doing at present.......
<
) do you think that SIDHE would look seriously at increasing player rating categories, and the number range for each being increased?

To expand: because ratings were only out of ten for the first version players were less individual in makeup (especially in comparison to PES4 which rate players out of 100). Also would consideration be given to increasing the numbers of player ratings to include a wider variety of skills (maybe with some hidden ones??).

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jan 11 2005, 10:49 AM
The timing will be right Ripper.... SIDHE have played this game before.
Only this time they have to compete with atleast 1 other decent Rugby Game (WCR)... and Rugby 2005 is looks like it will shape up to be tons better than 2004

Originally posted by sanzar+Jan 10 2005, 07:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jan 10 2005, 07:43 PM)</div>
Originally posted by umosay@Jan 7 2005, 11:01 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@Jan 7 2005, 11:56 PM
Did you join just to ask that...

Enough prejudice Wally, Just because his first post is here doesn't mean its his only one...
You'll have to forgive wally, he's from Queensland, and well... they didn't have High School untill the 60's up there so it's all a bit backward
<

Aye wally?
<
[/b]
He's right.

Mario are you Australian and what NRL team do you barrack for, if any?

Mario is a kiwi, and warriors of course.

and correct me if i'm wrong played american football for NZ or something?

Originally posted by umosay@Jan 27 2005, 10:31 PM

Short on numbers were they Mario?
<

Originally posted by umosay@Jan 27 2005, 10:31 PM

Defensive captain for the NZ gridiron team even. And yeah, I guess they were kind of short on numbers
<

Got a club game here in Wellington tomorrow actually.

Originally posted by Mario+Jan 29 2005, 12:17 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Jan 29 2005, 12:17 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-umosay
@Jan 27 2005, 10:31 PM

Defensive captain for the NZ gridiron team even. And yeah, I guess they were kind of short on numbers
<

Got a club game here in Wellington tomorrow actually. [/b]
Thats great mate... Anyway, getting back to this announcement in late January... are we gonna hear it yet? Come on Mario! PLEASE! I'll do anything for you... uh ...aaanythiiing...
<

Well, we are now at the end of January. As many of you have noted, I was hoping to have news to report on the situation with respect to a possible Rugby League sequel.

Unfortunately, while there has been positive progress on putting together a possible sequel, there are issues which remain unresolved. Because of this, I have no official news that I am able to report at this time.

Officially, this means that the possibility of a sequel is at this moment 'undetermined'.

While this news (or lack thereof) is almost certainly a disappointment to many who were expecting an announcement at this time, please take heart in the fact that there is movement going on behind the scenes and that Sidhe Interactive in particular is commited to seeing that a sequel appears eventually.

As always, I will report any news that I can here at the earliest opportunity.

Thanks for your continued patience and support.

Regards

Mario Wynands

Managing Director
Sidhe Interactive

Spewin... Absolutely spewin! Oh well, I guess you can't do anything about it mario...

Ah Bugger it, EA Rugby 2005 is coming out soon, so we might as well just forget completely about Rugby League 2 untill Mario can tell us something and focus on the game that may well take the ***le of "Best rugby game ever"!

Don't worry though mario I'll still be waiting patiently for something solid from HES and your boys at sidhe... if the sequel eventuates this year.

Not meaning to knock anyone, just seems to me a lot easier to say, "Not in the forseeable future", a long time ago, and if things changed then said, "Guess what guys, Stacey Jones 2 is on".
I mean a lot of people out there are playing a slightly flawed, largely good version of league right now, and are desperate for a sequel.
Its frustrating for people to be told wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, then no sorry nothing, and I can't give specifics.
Can Sidhe not even consider releasing a de-bugged and more controllable defensive version with only the necessary improvements?
I.E. Stacey Jones Rugby League - Special Edition.

Surely no-one would complain if that at least happened.
These are only ideas, not meant to be *****ing.
It's hard not to *****, when you feel gutted like a fish.

I am glad that there is no real news of yet, because I'd hate to see the sequel rushed out & its turns out disappointing due to the fact they didn't spend enough time on it!

So take your time, we'll just have to be patient & hopefully & a fantastic all singing, all dancing sequel will come out soon!!
<

Latest posts