• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League 2

Hopefully when (I mean"if"........) a sequel is announced the management aspect is really increased to include at least the following,

#Free agents, ability to release players and offer players contracts (which they could turn down due to better offers, not wanting to join an underperforming club, loyalty). Would include making offers to overseas players in other competitions.
#Salary cap - as in real life so that teams can not sign every good player, and some excellent players become availiable to offer contracts to.
#Player injuries, long term and short term. Increased chance when player is showing high "fatigue", and when player is susceptable to injury in real life.
#Form ratings. Thus players with a poor form rating will play below their full ability. Would mean you might consider playing lesser ability players if they showing better form in relation to some of your starting line up.
#Fatigue ratings: Would mean that players that get played week in, week out for long periods of time need to be rested if they are to get back to there best ability. Higher fatique would increase your chances of picking up injuries as well.
#A small range of different defensive styles. Sliding, up and at him, umbrella.
#Franchise mode. Having the ability to start up a totally new Franchise. Each time you start this mode you could start with the same fictional players (of mainly average ability ala "master league mode in PES4), and then choose your team name, home ground etc and play season upon season in NRL or Super L. Would need to add some extra grounds for those of us wanting to start Franchises in more likely areas. Ie. Central Coast ground, Goldcoast ground, Jade stadium, NORTH HARBOUR STADIUM (PLEASE!!), Perth?? etc etc.
#Training. Basic training to improve on various gameplay components.
#Players being put on report getting suspended for various lengths of time. Could give the player a chance after the game of either defending or admitting the charge. Defending could mean a longer sentence then if you admit the charge, but also there is a chance of the player being cleared if defending the charge(would be worth the risk if a sudden death final is your next game).
#The ability to choose your main field kicker, and what tackle number you would like him to be in position to kick (by default he would be in position to kick on the sixth tackle). By pressing the designated button at your pre determined tackle number the ball would go to your main field kicker in a position slightly deeper then the rest of your attacking line. This would allow you to ask your kicker to be in position early on in the tackle count when field position is paramount, ie very wet conditions, or if a drop goal is required.
#State of origin during the year. The timing of state of origin really affects the winning chances of some teams playing the NRL during this period - thus this should be recreated during the seasonal mode. Though you wont be able to play SOO when playing with a NRL club team, your players that represent NSW/Queensland will come back fatigued, or possibly injured.

Not so important but maybe a possiblity...........

A "team aggression" bar that can be lowered/increased before and during the game. Set on high it would increase you chances of stripping the ball, knocking the ball loose, injuring opposition players etc, but also increase your chances of giving away penalties, head high tackles etc. The opposite would occur if set on low. Of course naturally aggresive individual team members would be slightly more likely to infringe, slightly higher then where the team aggression bar is set.

Great Post NZL, those features would really make the game aweosme. For franchise, if you start with an existing team you should be able to start with the actual team members, I would prefer this as an option on or off, as in PES4.

Tiger Woods Style Goal Kicking

As in using the analouge stick.

Some people may think this is silly but i would love to create a few referees from my local comp

not necessarily to look like him but more like his strictness fitness speed etc

thats not a bad idea...tiger woods style goal kicking
<

Originally posted by Mario+Dec 22 2004, 07:37 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Dec 22 2004, 07:37 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Dec 22 2004, 12:02 AM
Mario, is there any news you can give us?
No, sorry. Am hoping to have some news in January.[/b]
When u finally post news that we are all waiting for, we will be happy for a week or so, then we will want pics and movies of the game!!
<

Just been playing a bit of SJ Rugby League, I've probably said it before but I'll say it again - the in goal is one of the areas that needs work. Animations for one, and better play responses. eg I punted the ball and it bounced into the ingoal. Rabbitohs pick it up and my guy comes flying through and knocks the ball loose, another Warrior comes along collects the ball and I start tapping square to get it down. But instead he flies over the touch-in-goal... This sort of thing happens quite often aswell.
So...
-The in goal held up needs major improvement, aswell as the new law incorporated
-Diving on the ball is needed
-Jumping for the ball
-Good try animations that are sensible so they can put the ball down before flying over the touch-in-goal or dead ball line.

Edit - And I think punches should be included, especially if there's going to be a judiciary system.

I realized what is wrong with the matrix style kicking. It is a good feature but what would add to it is different kickers with different ability should effect how much it slows down by. And the player should not slow down everything around him should, then you would be able to get the kick of quicker. Although if he keeps running at regular speed forward then he would run into the defense, so maybe regular speed for pointing the arrow side to side. I like it but it needs to be tweaked. By the way Mario what are your thoughts on jumping?
<

If you guys could add a similar function to jumping, like you have with tackling it would be great. You could use both the aggressive button and agression button wich could cause a foul, to determine who wins the ball, along with timing and stats of course. I believe your tackling and sprinting system is the best of any physical sport video game rugby, football, and even soccer(futbol) slide tackles. Please do not ever change that system, I just started playing again and makes playing defense funner then any other sports game I have. It is great to be able to control the strength of your tackles. No other game offers this like this game. Sure there may be aggressive tackles or random hard tackles in other game but I like the fact of timing and how much you get on the aggressive button determines the strength of the tackle.
Salud and Cheers

Originally posted by lionmaul@Jan 7 2005, 01:30 AM
I realized what is wrong with the matrix style kicking.    It is a good feature but what would add to it is different kickers with different ability should effect how much it slows down by.  And the player should not slow down everything around him should,  then you would be able to get the kick of quicker.  Although if he keeps running at regular speed forward then he would run into the defense, so maybe regular speed for pointing the arrow side to side.  I like it but it needs to be tweaked.

That is something we considered, but given players with better kicking stats will perform a more accurate kick, you would end up with either a double benefit or a double negative if the above system was added.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
By the way Mario what are your thoughts on jumping?
<
[/b]

You want jumping?
<

Originally posted by lionmaul@Jan 7 2005, 01:30 AM
I realized what is wrong with the matrix style kicking.    It is a good feature but what would add to it is different kickers with different ability should effect how much it slows down by.  And the player should not slow down everything around him should,  then you would be able to get the kick of quicker.  Although if he keeps running at regular speed forward then he would run into the defense, so maybe regular speed for pointing the arrow side to side.  I like it but it needs to be tweaked.    By the way Mario what are your thoughts on jumping?
<

If you guys could add a similar function to jumping, like you have with tackling it would be great.  You could use both the aggressive button and agression button wich could cause a foul, to determine who wins the ball, along with timing and stats of course.  I believe your tackling and sprinting system is the best of any physical sport video game rugby, football, and even soccer(futbol) slide tackles.  Please do not ever change that system, I just started playing again and makes playing defense funner then any other sports game I have.    It is great to be able to control the strength of your tackles.  No other game offers this like this game.  Sure there may be aggressive tackles or random hard tackles in other game but I like the fact of timing and how much you get on the aggressive button determines the strength of the tackle.   
Salud and Cheers
The tackles themselves were great (apart from too many headhighs - even if you played conservatively in defense a "computer controlled" player would head high on your behalf - this should never happen as it takes full control away from the person playing the game),

......however the system of choosing a defender is flawed and should be rethought. I know the idea behind not being able to choose the exact man you wanted was to encourage people to defend differently, but again if I wanted to sit in the line and watch (hope) the computer controlled player would make some tackles I would have invested in a manager type game..........The other flaw with this method is that the defensive AI would have to be top notch - unfortunately it wasn't, especially close to the line where they hardly bothered to defend on your behalf.

Hopefully a change is made for the better here in the sequel. The player when conceeding a try wants to feel that THEIR actions were at fault for the try.

What I'd suggest (I better make a suggestion) is to implement the top shoulder buttons in defense (PS2). On completion of the tackle the player cursor should always go to the second man marker by default. From here it is then the simple method of hitting the left shoulder button to choose the defender to the left of this man, hit it twice to pick up the next man to his left etc. Same for the right.

Skill would still be needed in defense as in the heat of battle, and with double arounds/miss passes/steps/fends/switches etc, it still would be very difficult to manage to get the right man, for the right tackle, all the time. You may hit the button too many times, too little, get caught out with the long pass,or fail to head back left in time after initially going right (or vice versa).

The fullback should also have his own seperate button (triangle - PS2), so no matter what you can ALWAYS select this man when required in defense (on attack this same button would drop a man behind the attacking line in a kicking position). Quite often you want to select the fullback early on in defense to cut down a possible attacking angle, but are restricted by the cursor always going to the closer, chasing defenders.

Also a small selection of defensive styles (rushing, sliding, umbrella) would be most appreciated.

Hopefully Marios still awake to take this all in
<

Originally posted by Mario+Jan 7 2005, 08:41 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Jan 7 2005, 08:41 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-lionmaul
@Jan 7 2005, 01:30 AM
I realized what is wrong with the matrix style kicking.     It is a good feature but what would add to it is different kickers with different ability should effect how much it slows down by.  And the player should not slow down everything around him should,  then you would be able to get the kick of quicker.  Although if he keeps running at regular speed forward then he would run into the defense, so maybe regular speed for pointing the arrow side to side.   I like it but it needs to be tweaked.

That is something we considered, but given players with better kicking stats will perform a more accurate kick, you would end up with either a double benefit or a double negative if the above system was added.

By the way Mario what are your thoughts on jumping?
<
[/b]

You want jumping?
<
[/b]
But isn't that par for the course? Really, you shouldn't be able to kick well with a **** forward whos' never taken a kick in his life, and the same goes with a player like Andrew Johns, you should have massive control and accuracy...

Mario would it be possible to have like when you tap the (a) button your player makes more ground when in a tackle. But it depends on how hard you tap the button and how big the player is and how big the oponent is

and in the current rugby league game can you get a penatly try

Originally posted by Wally@Jan 7 2005, 11:56 PM
Did you join just to ask that...
Enough prejudice Wally, Just because his first post is here doesn't mean its his only one...

Originally posted by doovepop@Jan 7 2005, 10:48 PM
Mario would it be possible to have like when you tap the (a) button your player makes more ground when in a tackle. But it depends on how hard you tap the button and how big the player is and how big the oponent is

Thats something we could look at including (relatives weights are already taken into account).

and in the current rugby league game can you get a penatly try[/b]

Yes.

i was here about 6 months ago then the forums went down and they wiped everyones username
i forgot about this forum until two weeks ago when someone said it on another forum

Originally posted by doovepop@Jan 8 2005, 01:08 AM
i was here about 6 months ago then the forums went down and they wiped everyones username
i forgot about this forum until two weeks ago when someone said it on another forum
shame
<

whenz this game being released anywayz??.....

will the season mode be more in-depth?...training modes,mini camp to build individual or team stats,player reports,state of origin in part of season,end of the tri-nations,superleague champz vz nrl champs,free agents,player transfers,long term and short term suspensions and long term and short term injuries...

also will the seasons be over period of years/decades..like madden and other sporting ***les?...if so..how you be able to go about and get rookies??will they be randomly generated by the cpu???and placed in a free agents pool?..also if this does happen will u be using that nrl ruling thats under consideration about only getting players from feeder teams in ur region??..eg.warriors-auckland based clubs
broncos-brisbane based clubs....

if the season has more depth than it would be more sense to give players a more managerial role in the season mode...if so could players(a part from selecting ur chosen teams players for game day)choose state-of-origin teams and int. teams in part with the season???....

the previous game was really good by surprise and it wasnt as bland as wcr and dull as rugby04...reason being was that we could edit teams,players,tournaments pretty much everything but gameplay was still lacking...lot of dodgy things happening on the pitch..i kick the ball 40metres downfield on the 5th tackle...game freezes the returns to 20m and other teams got penalty?..
<
..wuh...what just happened?...stuff like dat..will the gameplay be alot smoother thuis time?

lucky last question
<
...will it be live?..proberly not...but ill be fixin 2 kick and haul sum aussie azz wit da WARRI
<
RZ!!!!!!....

geez i dunno theres 8pages of it i thought its in the werks or something...anyway wherez dat mario fella

Latest posts