• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League 2

I dont believe in the first game excuse.
They are entering a professional market and if they cant match it, then they should not make anymore games. Can you imagine some new gamer coming out with a new below par game competing with Doom3?
I think their first attempts shows that it should be their last one, the NRL deserves better than that.

Originally posted by Dave@Sep 16 2004, 10:22 PM
It most certainly, definately is an excuse! First of all, I think you've gone way overboard in your criticism of the game but you are, of course, entitled to your opinion. Yes there are some bad flaws, yes there are some downright irritating flaws, but this is the first time these guys have put a game together on a small budget and I think they did a grand job.

I'm pretty sure there will be a sequel, and if there is, you can guarantee SIDHE will learn from their mistakes, and find out how they can improve. Why? Because they listen to US!

Originally posted by Dave@Sep 16 2004, 10:22 PM
They are entering a professional market and if they cant match it, then they should not make anymore games. Can you imagine some new gamer coming out with a new below par game competing with Doom3?
I think their first attempts shows that it should be their last one, the NRL deserves better than that.
Thats the most ridiculous argument I've ever heard! Here you are on the Rugby 2005 getting all exited about the new HB rugby game when their first attempt was the greatest ever insult to rugby fans on record! playing Rugby 2004 felt like you were beta testing a game about 60% complete!
SJRL **** all over Rugby 2004 and was better than in almost all departments!
Also, going by your arguments the first ESPN NFL games and Madden games should never have been aloud to continue in making sequels as their first attempts were riddled with flaws...

Originally posted by sanzar+Sep 17 2004, 01:58 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Sep 17 2004, 01:58 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Dave
@Sep 16 2004, 10:22 PM
Thats the most ridiculous argument I've ever heard! Here you are on the Rugby 2005 getting all exited about the new HB rugby game when their first attempt was the greatest ever insult to rugby fans on record! playing Rugby 2004 felt like you were beta testing a game about 60% complete!
Also, going by your arguments the first ESPN NFL games and Madden games should never have been aloud to continue in making sequels as their first attempts were riddled with flaws... [/b]
Rugby 2004 was crap, and I never said Rugby 2004 was any good - find me a post that backs up your arguement.
Rugby 2005 - from what I have seen thus far is 10X better than SJRL, graphics wise as for gameplay thats another story. The person who intiates Rugby 2005 development has been promoted to EASports USA, and from there they are planning to use the NFL based engine - or so they claim.
Sidhe came out with a quote "this is the game to end all games" which is why I expected some level of perfection from them.

Originally posted by Dave@Sep 17 2004, 12:43 PM
Sidhe came out with a quote "this is the game to end all games" which is why I expected some level of perfection from them.
Errr, never did I ever make such a statement, either on the forums or in any press release. You are just making that up.

Originally posted by Dave+Sep 16 2004, 08:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dave @ Sep 16 2004, 08:54 PM)</div>
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Sep 16 2004, 08:32 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Sep 16 2004, 08:30 PM
Question for Mario.

Would you streak nude through an All Blacks test to get Madden 2005's budget?

What a stupid question.

Of course he would
<
Hey might finally deliver a half decent game rather than one thats filled with so many things that proove they dont know anything about the rules. Its a terrible game to be honest, I wouldn't ever play it again, its punishment.
Can someone remind me when they saw a penalty given for a forward pass in the NRL? [/b]
I agree

I havent played the patched version

But the shelve version for PS2 is ****

its crap

its better than Rugb 2k4, but its got nothing on WCR.

Half the rules are wrong......there's tonnes of glitches etc etc
The rosters arent up to date, not even at release.
The best thing going for the game is that its league, tackle animations & commentary
everything else is below par

Getting half the rules/basics wrong is no excuse
forward pass = penalty
no golden pt
over black dot = missed kick
interchange

as i said i havent played the patched version and cant have fun with the shelf version with the above mentioned flaws in the game

P.S Games should NOT require patches based on rules and glitches - if they do, the game is incomplete and should not be manufactured until its all ironed out.

**** Dave, if you think that SIDHE shouldn't get another go at RL, why are you so excited about Rugby2k5?
Surely, by your logic (or lack of), HB studios deserve less of another go than Sidhe?
I haven't played the ps2 version of SJRL but I've played the xbox version which is good arcadey fun.
Heaps more fun than WCR.
And what do you mean about missing over the black dot?
I've never had that problem.

I like SJ Rugby League quite a lot, but maybe that is because I am not a hard core leaguey, and can overlook some of the problems.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Sep 17 2004, 04:39 PM
**** Dave, if you think that SIDHE shouldn't get another go at RL, why are you so excited about Rugby2k5?
Surely, by your logic (or lack of), HB studios deserve less of another go than Sidhe?
I haven't played the ps2 version of SJRL but I've played the xbox version which is good arcadey fun.
Heaps more fun than WCR.
And what do you mean about missing over the black dot?
I've never had that problem.
it is a known problem (for ps2 versions anyway) that sometime when kicking for goal, if it goes right in line with the black dot it is ruled unsuccesful

what i mean by 'in line with black dot' - kicked right over the black dot, not over any white part of cross bar.

ie if u kick it too accurate it misses

on the ps2 ur ideal line to kick goals isnt straight thru the middle as it may be ruled unsuccessful

maybe Mario can explain it better!

Originally posted by Mario+Sep 17 2004, 01:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Sep 17 2004, 01:36 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Dave
@Sep 17 2004, 12:43 PM
Errr, never did I ever make such a statement, either on the forums or in any press release. You are just making that up. [/b]
I've got a video of that statement in my Australia Vs New Zealand league tape, where they interviewed Sidhe. Go have a look at that again.
One another thing, Hey Mario I asked Stacey Jones a month ago what he thinks about this game and I cant repeat what he said to me about it as I would be banned, other players in the Warriors think its funny, none of them play it
<
Wonderful game isnt it.

Originally posted by Dave+Sep 17 2004, 07:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dave @ Sep 17 2004, 07:56 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Mario@Sep 17 2004, 01:36 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Dave

Errr, never did I ever make such a statement, either on the forums or in any press release. You are just making that up.
I've got a video of that statement in my Australia Vs New Zealand league tape, where they interviewed Sidhe. Go have a look at that again. [/b]

I suggest you go and look at that video again, Dave. I have never used the phrase "this is the game to end all games" to describe any of our products including Rugby League.

Originally posted by Dave@Sep 17 2004, 07:56 PM
One another thing, Hey Mario I asked Stacey Jones a month ago what he thinks about this game and I cant repeat what he said to me about it as I would be banned, other players in the Warriors think its funny, none of them play it  Wonderful game isnt it.

Whatever Dave
<

Originally posted by Dave+Sep 17 2004, 07:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dave @ Sep 17 2004, 07:56 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Dave

I've got a video of that statement in my Australia Vs New Zealand league tape, where they interviewed Sidhe. Go have a look at that again.
One another thing, Hey Mario I asked Stacey Jones a month ago what he thinks about this game and I cant repeat what he said to me about it as I would be banned, other players in the Warriors think its funny, none of them play it
<
Wonderful game isnt it. [/b]
They do play it for a living you know (real league)... since when were the warriors big gamers and that is no way to judge a game.

Some of the boys do play PS2 just before the game, its mainly WWF and other related stuff.
You would think the person who the games named after would remotely care about the product..
Mario that is my last comment on your game, I am not here to start an arguement, nor am I pro any company, I equally feel HB are rubbish and thats best left for another thread.
For me Rugby League needed to do research on the basic element the rules and thats not including gameplay and not difficult to put in.
This is my last comment in this thread about the game.

Originally posted by Dave+Sep 17 2004, 12:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dave @ Sep 17 2004, 12:43 PM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Sep 17 2004, 01:58 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Dave

Also, going by your arguments the first ESPN NFL games and Madden games should never have been aloud to continue in making sequels as their first attempts were riddled with flaws...
Rugby 2004 was crap, and I never said Rugby 2004 was any good - find me a post that backs up your arguement.
Rugby 2005 - from what I have seen thus far is 10X better than SJRL, graphics wise as for gameplay thats another story. The person who intiates Rugby 2005 development has been promoted to EASports USA, and from there they are planning to use the NFL based engine - or so they claim.
Sidhe came out with a quote "this is the game to end all games" which is why I expected some level of perfection from them.[/b]
What exactly have you "Seen" from this game? Screenshots? Movies? what?

Originally posted by locksley+Sep 18 2004, 01:00 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locksley @ Sep 18 2004, 01:00 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Dave@Sep 17 2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by sanzar@Sep 17 2004, 01:58 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Dave

What exactly have you "Seen" from this game? Screenshots? Movies? what? [/b]
He's nothing but a f***stick mate, he doesn't have a clue, don't even bother with him...

<!--QuoteBegin-Dave

<
Wonderful game isnt it. [/b]
What do the Warriors know about league????????????

Originally posted by NZL fan+Sep 19 2004, 10:32 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Sep 19 2004, 10:32 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Dave
@Sep 17 2004, 07:56 PM

<
  Wonderful game isnt it.
What do the Warriors know about league???????????? [/b]
Ahaha, nice.
<
<
<

Originally posted by Dave@Sep 18 2004, 12:09 AM
Some of the boys do play PS2 just before the game, its mainly WWF and other related stuff.
You would think the person who the games named after would remotely care about the product..
Mario that is my last comment on your game, I am not here to start an arguement, nor am I pro any company, I equally feel HB are rubbish and thats best left for another thread.
The one thing I don't understand here is this ******** dave goes on about his "special relationship" with Andrew Wilson and how great Rugby 2005 is going to be, all the while acknoledging how bad and disgusting Rugby 2004 was... Then he has the balls to come on here and critisise SJRL, has a go at Mario and then makes up some tosser story about how he's best mates with Stacey Jones and the warriors (who are **** and know f*** all about RL) and somehow believes that makes him right! He even has to audacity to say that Sidhe shouldn't be aloud to make a sequel because the first game was so bad, completely disregarding the fact that he's wanking over Rugby 2005 and that his "personal friend" Andrew Wilson doesn't have the balls to come on these forums and see what the fans themselves have to say about HIS game!

Originally posted by sanzar+Sep 19 2004, 12:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Sep 19 2004, 12:45 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Dave
@Sep 18 2004, 12:09 AM
The one thing I don't understand here is this ******** dave goes on about his "special relationship" with Andrew Wilson and how great Rugby 2005 is going to be, all the while acknoledging how bad and disgusting Rugby 2004 was... Then he has the balls to come on here and critisise SJRL, has a go at Mario and then makes up some tosser story about how he's best mates with Stacey Jones and the warriors (who are **** and know f*** all about RL) and somehow believes that makes him right! He even has to audacity to say that Sidhe shouldn't be aloud to make a sequel because the first game was so bad, completely disregarding the fact that he's wanking over Rugby 2005 and that his "personal friend" Andrew Wilson doesn't have the balls to come on these forums and see what the fans themselves have to say about HIS game! [/b]
Go have a cry about it. Gotta expect people like him.

Latest posts