• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League 2

Originally posted by gjohn85@Aug 13 2004, 02:16 AM
What??

....Nurse!! We got one who hasn't taken his medication yet!!
I see your one who is unfamiliar with the ways of "monkey!"

Yes mate, i'm surely are unfamiliar with the ways of the monkey!!
<

Originally posted by Mario+Aug 12 2004, 05:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Aug 12 2004, 05:39 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
@Aug 12 2004, 09:27 AM
1.Check out the vids, screenshots, option ideas, comments that are now availiable of the newly released WE8 (Jap version of Pro Evolution soccer 4), then in the next few months buy Pro evolution soccer 4 when it is released.

The team have been reading previews, reviews, and looking at screenshots and movies for months.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
2.Play PES4.[/b]

We have a copy of every major sports franchise in the office, so we will of course be purchasing and playing PES4.

4. Use PES4 as the template of what a "truly great" sports game should strive to be, impliment some new ideas/options based on your observations into the new SJRL game, and continue to build upon what will hopefully be another superb sports game dynasty.........[/b]

Well, the approach we would take would be to take the best bits from a range of successful games including PES4, avoid the bits from bad games, as well as adding a touch of our own innovation. There are a lot of ideas put forward in other games, by RL fans on various forums, and that we have ourselves.

As for any tangible news on a Rugby League sequel, well, good things come to those who wait. [/b]
Nice to hear Mario...................

The PES series has always been at the forefront of the top sports games, and for me if the sequel to SJRL had some of the things that make that series great then you'd be well on the right track...........

Especially talking about player options, form ratings (so you actually might change your best starting lineup before the game), and the superb gameplay (especially the little things like how certain players do things (signature moves),cut scenes not interferring with the flow of the game, game celebrations, off the ball reactions etc).

Really impressed by your first effort, looking forward to the second.........by the way be like the rest of us - you CAN chuck away rugby 2004 (might free up some space in your game libary)................

PS. Please fix the team editor in the next one ie. I should be able to highlight the two players I want to "swap" (like the selection screen) and then they change spots. At the moment you can only deselect one, then add the other who then goes to the bottom of the team list (very annoying)..........

Originally posted by NZL fan@Aug 13 2004, 08:38 AM
by the way be like the rest of us - you CAN chuck away rugby 2004 (might free up some space in your game libary)................
Actually I think rugby 2004 has some ideas that would be good in a game with good flow and gameplay... for instance the options for short passing to forwards (could be used for 'hit ups' in league) or running directly from scrum half (left or right, but from dummy half in RL) would be useful additions to the next league game...

Originally posted by Mario@Aug 12 2004, 05:39 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
2.Play PES4.

We have a copy of every major sports franchise in the office, so we will of course be purchasing and playing PES4.
[/b][/quote]
dude,
i want your job!!

C'mon mario.
Anything happening?
Rugby League was one of my favourite games of last year. (which is saying quite a bit as I am usually not a big fan of league)
Just say something new.
<

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Aug 30 2004, 06:20 PM
C'mon mario.
Anything happening?

Maybe.

Rugby League was one of my favourite games of last year. (which is saying quite a bit as I am usually not a big fan of league)
Just say something new.
<
[/b]

Its unlikely that you will hear anything about a possible sequel to Rugby League until next year.

Nice reply Mario
<

It still keeps us guessing
<

U got to post a Christmas Day message as a present for us loyal fans??

Please??

To be honest, I won't mind waiting another year if it means mario and his crew are making a sequel that absolutely shits all over their first game... I'm guessing this is the case to, they don't wont to build it up or tell anyone much so people will be even more impressed when it finally comes out!
At least thats what I'm hoping.
<

I don't know about a sequel, but I just traded my XBOX version of NRL in for the PC one (new graphics card) and downloaded a couple season 2004 patches and play tweeks (which does things like decreese offloades etc) and it has really given this game a new lease of life! It has all the updated rosters and comps and all the jersey's are more high res and accurate! And with the play tweeks there are far less continuous offloads and impossible tackles... It's really given the game a new lease of life and may well keep me going untill NRL 2 is announced!
So yeah it's quite a big improvement so if you have a good PC you might want to trade in your PS2/XBOX version (assuming you don't have the PC version already).

Originally posted by sanzar@Sep 9 2004, 03:57 PM
I don't know about a sequel, but I just traded my XBOX version of NRL in for the PC one (new graphics card) and downloaded a couple season 2004 patches and play tweeks (which does things like decreese offloades etc) and it has really given this game a new lease of life! It has all the updated rosters and comps and all the jersey's are more high res and accurate! And with the play tweeks there are far less continuous offloads and impossible tackles... It's really given the game a new lease of life and may well keep me going untill NRL 2 is announced!
So yeah it's quite a big improvement so if you have a good PC you might want to trade in your PS2/XBOX version (assuming you don't have the PC version already).
Has the Super League been updated?

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Sep 10 2004, 09:07 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Sep 10 2004, 09:07 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Sep 9 2004, 03:57 PM
Has the Super League been updated? [/b]
I'm not sure to be honest... I'd say it has been though, you just have to look around a bit.

Latest posts