• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League 2

Which is why theres 8 Union Forums to Leagues 1...

Which is why theres preety much only 2 major League fans (Major league fans are what I classify as people like the Nutters from LU - Theyve got nothing better too do with their sad pathetic lives then watch Union all day and ***** about how boring it is and crow on about every advantage (both bullshit and real) League has)

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Jun 18 2004, 11:09 PM
Are you suggesting that me and Rob are like people from LU?
I don't go on LU.

I couldn't register properly.
<

And Ripper, I don't watch Union to ***** about it. I try to avoid Union.

It's quite easy now the season has finished; only one more England game to laugh at and then that's over and done with, almost.

So Mario, are there any official announcements from SIDHE round the corner?

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Jun 20 2004, 12:17 AM
So Mario, are there any official announcements from SIDHE round the corner?
I don't expect any official announcements in the near future unfortunately, though technically that doesn't mean there isn't anything happening.

As soon as there is an announcement of any sort I will be sure to post the news here and on other forums.

Thanks to everyone for their continued patience and understanding.

Good to hear that some things are going on.

Can you give us any indication as to how successful the first game was? Did it match/beat targets and expectations? Did it make the sort of money you hoped it would? etc

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Jun 20 2004, 12:54 PM
Can you give us any indication as to how successful the first game was? Did it match/beat targets and expectations? Did it make the sort of money you hoped it would? etc
Sales for the game exceeded our expectations.

The exercise wasn't hugely profitable though - its very hard to turn a large profit in the videogame industry these days, especially in a new niche sports franchise.

Mario: Pulled out the game after a long time away from it, and found it again to be pretty entertaining, however after the first few games the bugs start to again grate a little too much (especially when it starts to cost you games) and disappointed I consign it to the shelf again......I won't go on about those problems though (I've already made my points earlier in this thread)......

However I was playing superleague (I don't play that comp very often) and I noticed there is a player in one of those teams with 0 stats for everything!!!!!!! (can't quite remember, maybe Saint Helens......)

Surely this should have been picked up by someone in the development team!!!!!.....

Originally posted by NZL fan@Jul 7 2004, 11:12 AM
However I was playing superleague (I don't play that comp very often) and I noticed there is a player in one of those teams with 0 stats for everything!!!!!!! (can't quite remember, maybe Saint Helens......)

Surely this should have been picked up by someone in the development team!!!!!.....
<
or maybe that guy just really really sucks?

Originally posted by NZL fan@Jul 7 2004, 12:12 AM

Sean Long?

mini camp,better graphics...limited headhighs or sendoffs different tackle animations...make the computer use the interchange...plyer fatigue..props will get more tired...maybe have a health bar/fatigue bar...better kicking game....make the wingers and fullback smarter....coz i can get easy as 40/20s...

Another thing about 40/20's.... As good as the kicking system is, I feel it's a bit too easy for the lesser rated players to smack a wonderful 40/20.

Having mucked around with the stats of players I find the game actually plays ALOT better when individuals aggression ratings are lowered, and things like handling, catching etc are increased.......... (by the way a must for the next version is the ability to change existing players stats on the PS2 - even if it is an unlockable - so that we don't have to piddle about creating the same player ourselves in order for that player to have the stats we want).

When you think about it a person with a high aggression rating should never be around 8 out of 10 etc. High would be more like 4 out of ten. by lowering the aggression stats you get around one high shot a game which is far more realistic then the current settings.

Same with basic play stats like passing. Professional league players would never have passing, catching stats lower then say 7 (if they did then the shouldn't be playing!!!). Raising these stats improves the flow of attacking play, not so many dropped balls and "throw anywhere" passes. This is offset by having higher tackling stats across the board - again no player should be lower then say 6 in tackling.

With speed/acceleration, the acceleration rating should nearly always be higher, and by doing this the running becomes far more realistic, and gives defenders the chance to catch players from behind (apart from the real speedsters).

Lastly break tackle ability should be higher for forwards, lower for backs - with backs generally having higher agility ratings, and ball playing forwards better off loading skills. It is silly the way the developers have Stacey Jones for instance with a high break tackle rating, as it leads to Jones being able to run over the top of some of the big forwards in the game. By changing the stats forwards are more effective in busting the line, taking the ball forward, and offloading to the quicker players as once they have broken the line they generally don't have the speed to get all the way to the try line (as they should). Gone are the ' Webcke running 40mtrs for a try with the fullback unable to catch him" problems.

The makers of the game need to look hard at the stats they have allocated to each player, for they are poorly thought out in this version, and make the game play worse then it should. A MUST for the next version is for more stats, and a greater range to spread those stats (minimum of 20).

FIGHTS....LIKE ICE HOCKEY...."BRING BACK THE BIFF!"....-Reg Regan.

GOIN GET STUFFED!!!!.....
<
<
<

Latest posts