• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League 2

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Jul 21 2004, 06:29 AM
The game wont have fights.
It would be very unrealistic if a Wigan vs Saints match didn't have at least one big fight or mass Brawl. I need to find a video of this year's good friday match
<

Fantastic brawl that. Started, of course, by Cheap Shot Terry Newton, who proceeded to cheap shot his way through the fight (with a bit of help from his friends.) Best fight I've seen for years, what a shame Scully and Farrell didn't get hold of each other...

I'd like to see holding down at the tackle on the next game myself. And I mean Rugby League, not the next Saints vs Goons game!

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Jul 21 2004, 05:33 PM
Fantastic brawl that. Started, of course, by Cheap Shot Terry Newton, who proceeded to cheap shot his way through the fight (with a bit of help from his friends.) Best fight I've seen for years, what a shame Scully and Farrell didn't get hold of each other...

I'd like to see holding down at the tackle on the next game myself. And I mean Rugby League, not the next Saints vs Goons game!
Is it on the net anywhere?

I dare say it will be somewhere; wouldn't know where to look though. Would be of interest in the Southern Hemisphere though - watch Terry Newton run a mile as Dom Feaunati runs half the field to help his team mate out, and gives that coward Steven Wild a facelift, Samoan style!

what do you mean???...samoan style???...facelifts???...u wouldnt want a samoan plastic surgeon operating on ya
<
<
<

i think there should be scuffles of some sort in league in the intense games it does get a little heated....proberly a small cutscene during the game where two players are collaring one another and the whole team runs down...thats it...realistic cutscenes

This is all very well and good, but at present all this speculation doesn't really seem to be doing us much good does it? It's already over half way through the year and there has been nothing said officially about an NRL sequel... and considering it's long standing postion in the top 5 alot of us were expecting some sort of word by march... I mean has ANYTHING been done yet? because if they're still yet to get anything in writing then we probably won't see a sequel till the finals series of 2006!
I don't mean to sound cynical, but mario seems to be gagged and there's just no info out there!

I remember asking Mario a while back and he said that should any sequel arrive it would be in 2005 regardless mate. But I agree, bit quiet on the horizon.

Homework for Mario...............

1.Check out the vids, screenshots, option ideas, comments that are now availiable of the newly released WE8 (Jap version of Pro Evolution soccer 4), then in the next few months buy Pro evolution soccer 4 when it is released.

2.Play PES4.

3. Repeat point 2 continually (no chore at all).

4. Use PES4 as the template of what a "truly great" sports game should strive to be, impliment some new ideas/options based on your observations into the new SJRL game, and continue to build upon what will hopefully be another superb sports game dynasty.........

Originally posted by NZL fan@Aug 12 2004, 09:27 AM
1.Check out the vids, screenshots, option ideas, comments that are now availiable of the newly released WE8 (Jap version of Pro Evolution soccer 4), then in the next few months buy Pro evolution soccer 4 when it is released.

The team have been reading previews, reviews, and looking at screenshots and movies for months.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
2.Play PES4.[/b]

We have a copy of every major sports franchise in the office, so we will of course be purchasing and playing PES4.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
4. Use PES4 as the template of what a "truly great" sports game should strive to be, impliment some new ideas/options based on your observations into the new SJRL game, and continue to build upon what will hopefully be another superb sports game dynasty.........[/b]

Well, the approach we would take would be to take the best bits from a range of successful games including PES4, avoid the bits from bad games, as well as adding a touch of our own innovation. There are a lot of ideas put forward in other games, by RL fans on various forums, and that we have ourselves.

As for any tangible news on a Rugby League sequel, well, good things come to those who wait.

Originally posted by Mario@Aug 12 2004, 05:39 PM
As for any tangible news on a Rugby League sequel, well, good things come to those who wait.
Well then. That sounds good
<

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Aug 12 2004, 06:08 PM
Hey Mario, any chance of including us in your game as players? (re; WCR2)
<
Yeah, 'PICK ME, PICK ME' please?
<

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Aug 12 2004, 06:08 PM
Hey Mario, any chance of including us in your game as players? (re; WCR2)
<
Its possible we may do something similar for a possible sequel, but I couldn't really speculate on that at the moment.

Originally posted by Mario@Aug 12 2004, 05:39 PM
maybe you should throw us under a mountain put a buddhist satra ubove our heads and say "learn patients monkey!.... errrr people!"

If you have no idea of what i was rattling on about feel free to ignore me
<

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Aug 12 2004, 05:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Aug 12 2004, 05:49 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Mario
@Aug 12 2004, 05:39 PM
Well then. That sounds good
<
[/b]
It does doesn't it!

Originally posted by sanzar+Aug 12 2004, 11:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Aug 12 2004, 11:50 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Mario

maybe you should throw us under a mountain put a buddhist satra ubove our heads and say "learn patients monkey!.... errrr people!"

<
[/b]
Yeah what on earth are you rattling on about??
<

Originally posted by gjohn85+Aug 12 2004, 11:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gjohn85 @ Aug 12 2004, 11:56 PM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Aug 12 2004, 11:50 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Mario

<
Yeah what on earth are you rattling on about??
<
[/b]
ever see 'monkey magic' as a kid?

Latest posts