• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League 2

My ideal season type mode:

Select up to 1 National, 1 NRL or Superleague, and 1 SOO team. You could only choose one if you want.

Play through year after year, and when your different teams become involved, you take over them. Squad selection should be allowed for National and SOO teams, ie if you pick New Zealand, you will be able to pick any body eligible for NZ playing pro league.

Injuries, suspensions, form etc a must, and to be carried through the different teams. eg A.Johns becomes injured, misses all Newcastle and rep games until he is uninjured.

Oppurtunity to buy and release players, but not overdone. Retirements - maybe, but I don't really like having randomly generated young people coming into my team, or having to scout. Personally, I would leave Retirements and young players out of it - unless you create them yourself (sign them for any amount, but if their stats are high they will get better offers).

So, I pick the Warriors, New Zealand and NSW. Have some randomly generated pre-season games with Warriors, then carry on into 2004 season. ANZAC day test with New Zealand, then back to Warriors. Play through SOO, going back to Warriors at weekends.

I give Sidhe full permission to use this idea, on the condition that when I get a degree of some sort (1 1/2 years+how ever long a decent sort of computing qualification), you'll hire me at Sidhe. Go on, I know you want to. Make a union game too, with a similar concept.

And if it's realistic, the Warriors will be the worst team in the NRL
<
<
<

Yeah, right.
<

I'd believe in Saints to beat any team in the world at the moment.

Anyway, Mario - one thing to mention, though it probably has been already, is left footed kickers please.

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Jun 15 2004, 08:49 AM
Yeah, right.
<

I'd believe in Saints to beat any team in the world at the moment.

Anyway, Mario - one thing to mention, though it probably has been already, is left footed kickers please.
saints are the big game team. They are, however, not consistent enough throughout a season

Which is why we're second in the league with a game in hand, having only lost two games all season.
<

Another thing Mario should note is the referee. The ref was probably the best you'll see in a video game - pulling people over for a chat etc. However, what was NOT made clear was sin binnings/red cards. If you listening long enough, it became clear, and was generally a sin binning anyway, but things would be made easier if you could clearly see the colour of the card, and Andrew Voss didn't say "..and the ref has sent him off" if there's been a sin binning.

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101+Jun 14 2004, 02:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (THE CHIROPRACTOR101 @ Jun 14 2004, 02:54 PM)</div>
different step variations eg.fitlers step and benji marshalls super touch steps[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101
@Jun 14 2004, 03:01 PM
different step variation-eg.fitlers left/right step and benji marshalls krazy steps.

I think we can get the point
<

Btw, Mario, I think you should have some more side-step variations like Fittlers and Benji Marshalls
<
<
<

Just more on what St Helens was saying...........

Because you tend to skip the whole "send off" animation after a while, at present you are not told exactly what has occured if you do so (yellow?,red??, warning).........need to have a caption come up on the bottom of the screen clarifying what has occured, regardless if you have skipped the referee animation or not. In fact miss out the beginning of the send off animation (the calling over of the player) and instead just have the card being shown and the player reaction - would speed the whole process up..........

ie. HIGH TACKLE: BRAD FITTLER SINBINNED FOR 10 MINUTES.

Also I prefer a "realtime" clock (80 minutes + injury time) rather then a "gameplay time" clock (if that makes any sense to you lot.........).

Advantage is a must if the ball is knocked on and the opposition gain possesion of the ball. Would allow the game to flow better.

And forward passes should not be random events but actual player mistakes due to mistiming the pass (like offside is in soccer video games) ie. a pass to a runner cutting back on the inside is pressed too late, resulting in the runner receiving the ball after he has gone past the passing player - forward pass.

In fact have different referees, some more lenient/useless then others, the less able ones missing more forward passes, knockons etc. Others are more 'whistle happy".

I thought in the NRL there are no cards.. And as it is mainly built around NRL it makes sense. ie if the ref has 10 fingers up, it's a sin bin, if he's pointing to the sideline, its a send off.

I like the ideas of different refs with different stats aswell, even if they did all have the same voice.

Originally posted by NZL fan@Jun 16 2004, 05:01 PM
Also I prefer a "realtime" clock (80 minutes + injury time) rather then a "gameplay time" clock (if that makes any sense to you lot.........).
Would be difficult to have an injury time clock as injury time doesn't exist in league.

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Jun 17 2004, 01:02 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Jun 17 2004, 01:02 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
@Jun 16 2004, 05:01 PM
Would be difficult to have an injury time clock as injury time doesn't exist in league. [/b]
True........

Still prefer "real time" then "game length time" though..........

Originally posted by NZL fan+Jun 17 2004, 01:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Jun 17 2004, 01:48 PM)</div>
Originally posted by wigan_rlfc@Jun 17 2004, 01:02 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan

Would be difficult to have an injury time clock as injury time doesn't exist in league.
True........

Still prefer "real time" then "game length time" though.......... [/b]
You shouldnt be knocking another persons knowledge of the other code Wigan because you called Henry Paul ''One of the greatest Union Players of All Time...''

I don't think he was knocking anyone. Just telling him that there was no injury time in league.

Originally posted by Ripper+Jun 17 2004, 03:52 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Jun 17 2004, 03:52 PM)</div>
Originally posted by NZL fan@Jun 17 2004, 01:48 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan

True........

You shouldnt be knocking another persons knowledge of the other code Wigan because you called Henry Paul ''One of the greatest Union Players of All Time...'' [/b]
its always great bringing back one of the stupidest statements ive ever heard.

Now if he'd have said "one of the greatest league players of all time" it would be a different story.

Originally posted by Ripper+Jun 17 2004, 04:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Jun 17 2004, 04:52 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan

True........

You shouldnt be knocking another persons knowledge of the other code Wigan because you called Henry Paul ''One of the greatest Union Players of All Time...'' [/b]
Well at least I don't like Union.

Don't worry - it was just a slight slip of the tongue............yes I was aware there is no injury time in league, but everytime I think about improvements for SJRL I'm pretty much thinking about whats in pro evolution 3 - hence writing "+ injury time" by error......

I actually originally put " 90 minutes + injury time" before changing it...........
<

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Jun 18 2004, 08:49 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Jun 18 2004, 08:49 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Ripper@Jun 17 2004, 04:52 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan

True........

You shouldnt be knocking another persons knowledge of the other code Wigan because you called Henry Paul ''One of the greatest Union Players of All Time...''
Well at least I don't like Union. [/b]
Dipshit...

If only Idiots like me are Union fans what the f*** are you doing Posting at a UNION board

Originally posted by Ripper@Jun 18 2004, 04:35 PM
If only Idiots like me are Union fans what the f*** are you doing Posting at a UNION board
"The RUGBY Forum"

As much as you can't accept it, there are, and always will be, two codes.

Originally posted by Ripper+Jun 18 2004, 05:35 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Jun 18 2004, 05:35 AM)</div>
Originally posted by wigan_rlfc@Jun 18 2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Ripper@Jun 17 2004, 04:52 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan

True........

Well at least I don't like Union.
Dipshit...

If only Idiots like me are Union fans what the f*** are you doing Posting at a UNION board [/b]
The rugby forum. No mention of Union there.

I may have said somewhere that you are an idiot but I didn't say all Union fans were idiots.

Latest posts