• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League 2

Anyway, back to the topic in hand, I alerted Mario to this thread, and I'm sure he'll be checking in to have a read of our ideas, so keep them coming.

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Jun 3 2004, 10:40 AM
Anyway, back to the topic in hand, I alerted Mario to this thread, and I'm sure he'll be checking in to have a read of our ideas, so keep them coming.
Yep, we are here and listening.

One thing that was good and bad at the same time Mario was the half way line.

It was really great to see the official emblem of either the Super League or the NRL.

However, when the players ran into it you struggled to see the players. Maybe when the players approach the half way line, you could fade the emblem out to be a part of the background, and when play is away, return it to normal?

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Jun 3 2004, 12:36 PM

It was really great to see the official emblem of either the Super League or the NRL.

However, when the players ran into it you struggled to see the players. Maybe when the players approach the half way line, you could fade the emblem out to be a part of the background, and when play is away, return it to normal?
Really? I never had trouble seeing the players personally... only the numbers on their backs. Maybe this could be solved by a subtle zoom function that automatically occurs when a player is tackled... then when the player is about to recieve the ball from dummy half it zooms out a bit.
How about that?

Originally posted by sanzar+Jun 3 2004, 05:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jun 3 2004, 05:56 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-St_Helens_RLFC
@Jun 3 2004, 12:36 PM

Really? I never had trouble seeing the players personally... only the numbers on their backs. Maybe this could be solved by a subtle zoom function that automatically occurs when a player is tackled... then when the player is about to recieve the ball from dummy half it zooms out a bit.
How about that? [/b]
neither have I

Better positional play from the wingers and fullback on the last. They just stand on the dead ball line and if you grubber through to your winger its really easy to beat them to the line. Also wingers should automaticly chase grubbers, currently its hard to control them.

It was good that the wingers and the full back dropped back, but they dropped back too far and as has been said, they don't react quickly enough to dangerous breaks or kicks.

I was thinking about the unfreezing of the play the ball markers..............

In a real game each marker generally goes in a different direction on defense. What if the player could only control the back marker only??, this would lessen the chances of that player making all the tackles from the dummy half area, and would mean yards could be made at dummy half if the defending player chose to go the same way as the computer controlled front marker, or else moved too quickly out of the dummy half area leaving a hole on the inside to be exploited. Would also stop the annoying player selection problem when you get stuck with only choosing between the two marker defenders (who are frozen for a few vital seconds), when what you really want is a defender in the line.

A "unfrozen" dummy half defender would also increase the ability to defend well hard on the line as well.

Add to that the "must have" separate fullback selection button on defense (much like the special goalkeepers control button in footy games). This would stop the times you accidently select the fullback (when you'd rather the computer controlled him), and the times you want to select the fullback but get some other defender. Would also be handy for kick returns/kick return positioning/forty twenty defense if you could select the fullback without fail.

in terms of cameras i would like to see a broadcast view and different goal kicking
views

stadiums i would like to see: waikato stadium, north harbour stadium, jade stadium and gosford

No need to mention it really, but I will anyway.

All Super League stadiums please.
<

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@May 27 2004, 12:32 PM
And player likeness for the Super Leauge. Robbie Paul and Tony Martin are too black.
And Mark Calderwood's white! I know the sun doesn't shine much in Leeds, but still...

Originally posted by Boy+Jun 5 2004, 11:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boy @ Jun 5 2004, 11:51 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-..::ERIC::..
@May 27 2004, 12:32 PM
And player likeness for the Super Leauge. Robbie Paul and Tony Martin are too black.
And Mark Calderwood's white! I know the sun doesn't shine much in Leeds, but still... [/b]
And Quentin Pongia is as white as a sheet with red hair.

I struggle to see the players when they go over the Emblem on state of origin matches.

I would like all super league grounds.

Players positions, I don't know many Aussie players so this would be a great help.

Advantages from knock ons etc.

Injuries that don't stop the game in full flow.

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@May 27 2004, 12:34 PM
Tommy Martyn was positively Asian...

SIDHE will have more time for this game, and because they listen to us, I'm sure they'll get it right.
They must have based it on the time he had the darkest ever suntan.

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Jun 9 2004, 12:31 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Jun 9 2004, 12:31 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-St_Helens_RLFC
@May 27 2004, 12:34 PM
Tommy Martyn was positively Asian...

SIDHE will have more time for this game, and because they listen to us, I'm sure they'll get it right.
They must have based it on the time he had the darkest ever suntan. [/b]
The SuperLeague licensing for RL did not allow us to include accurate likenesses as SuperLeague does not own the rights to player likenesses (unlike the NRL).

Most SuperLeague players were therefore only roughly matched to the generic hairstyles and skin tones with some players not matched at all due to a lack of photo reference.

different running/passing styles eg.paleasina runs like an animal and seuseu passes like hes got sumthing up his....
<

different step variations eg.fitlers step and benji marshalls super touch steps

u should be able to offload/pass from a formed tackle at anytime.players with more higher rating in offloads should get about a70%chance of gettin the offload out and players with lower ratings in offloading should knock the ball-on or even lose or drop the ball to ground

different step variation-eg.fitlers left/right step and benji marshalls krazy steps.

banana kick

team ratings and stats

campaign or franchise mode similar too madden....please
<

Latest posts