• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League 3

S

St Helens RLFC

Got ideas to improve SIDHE's next effort, should they make one?

Discuss.

Yes, they need to make up for last year woeful attempt.

They need to go back to the gameplay of RL1. And for Pete sake be able to get the user the ability to move on the attack, not just go straight.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Apr 27 2006, 07:28 AM
Give Los Lover and doovepoop complete creative control.
:lol:

And at the same time film a tv sit-com at Sidhe HQ

A 3rd attempt is warranted, as neither of them suffice at the moment. Feels like you're ice skating when running, unless of course it was meant to be an arcade game. In which case will the 3rd finally be a simulation like most of the rugby, soccer, cricket, hell most sports ***les are?

I personally would play a league game to death if they could get it right, and it saddens me that I haven't been able to come anywhere near that yet...

I hope there is an RL3, would like to see EA make it, but id be willing to give Sidhe another go to make it.

Originally posted by Jono078@Apr 27 2006, 04:39 PM
I hope there is an RL3, would like to see EA make it, but id be willing to give Sidhe another go to make it.
Yeah a FIFA or Rugby engine underneath would make it a lot more realistic and enjoyable to play, fingers crossed I suppose... is there any indication officially of a 3rd?

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Apr 26 2006, 08:28 PM
Give Los Lover and doovepoop complete creative control.
Stupid move, SFW.

They will halve Mario's sales.

Originally posted by Jono078@Apr 27 2006, 03:39 PM
EA will not make a Rugby League ***le. Of that I can assure you... well for at least the forseeable future anyway. The only way they'll make one is if the Rugby League gaming market increases around 10 fold, otherwise they won't be interested.

Originally posted by dobrien7+Apr 27 2006, 04:45 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Jono078
@Apr 27 2006, 04:39 PM
Yeah a FIFA or Rugby engine underneath would make it a lot more realistic and enjoyable to play, fingers crossed I suppose... is there any indication officially of a 3rd? [/b]
And where do they get these engines from?

And if Los Lover would probably be better then whoever the tool they have in charge now is. I remember Mario saying that if there is a 3rd, it would be current consoles only.

Originally posted by Ripper@Apr 27 2006, 07:34 PM
And where do they get these engines from?.
Just referring to the programming used for different games, that it'd be a good place to start if they could somehow 'copy' them, much like how lots of games have tried to copy Grand Theft Auto etc...

and yeah unfortunately EA are totally concerned with $ and NZ, Oz and UK aren't big enough share of the market place to warrant their investment...

If they could get their hands on the Rugby Challenge 2006 engine, or at least model their player movement and passing on that game, they would be moving in the right direction.

BTW a few nips and tucks to RC 2006 and you have the ultimate action Rugby League game!!!!!!! (says me).

Yep I agree, throw in playing the ball, sets of 6, 40-20s, shoulder charges, new kits etc and there you'd have it...

Originally posted by Kage@Apr 28 2006, 01:19 AM
If they could get their hands on the Rugby Challenge 2006 engine, or at least model their player movement and passing on that game, they would be moving in the right direction.

BTW a few nips and tucks to RC 2006 and you have the ultimate action Rugby League game!!!!!!! (says me).
I disagree... I personally didn't like movement in RC 06, I felt it was too fluid and unrealistic and needed to be a little more affected by momentum. Rugby 06 was better in my opinion.

As for Sidhe making another game, well I definately think they are the right developer for the job, even if RL2 fell down in several respects. The thing is RL2 just tried to do far too much for its own good! They went from a game with very simplistic graphics, basic play mechanics and basic competition modes, to a game with massively improved graphics (among the best in the rugby gaming realm), a tonne of game modes including a Franchise mode (simple, but still far better than that of any other rugby game) and online play, and a host of new play mechanics like "total control passing" (not perfect yet, but still the best passing idea in a rugby game), dummy half running, shoulder charges etc.
The problem was that going from such a basic game to one with all that, it was always gonna be tough to implement everything properly. But with their next ***le I'm sure it'll be a heck of a lot tighter.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Apr 27 2006, 03:21 AM

Discuss.
ideas?....mario try listening to YOUR community who want and need this game..listen to there wants and needs and see if you can atleast measure up to it..becoz ya last game was rugby 2004 with out rucks and mauls...f*** you if you disagree...that game was crap

im happy i didnt purchase the pile of junk..

but listen to the community,obviously flash graphics is eye candy..but the GAMEPLAY entirely makes the game..all the other **** on the side contribute to make the product greater

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101+Apr 29 2006, 02:21 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Apr 27 2006, 03:21 AM

Discuss.
ideas?....mario try listening to YOUR community who want and need this game..listen to there wants and needs and see if you can atleast measure up to it..becoz ya last game was rugby 2004 with out rucks and mauls...f*** you if you disagree...that game was crap

im happy i didnt purchase the pile of junk..

but listen to the community,obviously flash graphics is eye candy..but the GAMEPLAY entirely makes the game..all the other **** on the side contribute to make the product greater [/b]
Well if you think about it, thats EXACTLY what sidhe did! They tried to implement as many of the fans wishes as possible! The problem was that trying to jam that much content into a low budget game that is still only starting out is going to result in poor execution... It's up to them to take things a bit more slowly for future versions and iron out the problems with RL2.

Yes they should make a new one..but ea should make it...they keep on making the rugby games better and better each year just when we thought they couldnt get better :p

Originally posted by Kimmy_The_Kiwi@Apr 29 2006, 05:28 PM
Yes they should make a new one..but ea should make it...they keep on making the rugby games better and better each year just when we thought they couldnt get better :p
Your dreaming, EA will never make a rugby league game.

It would be great if they did, but unfortunately I have to agree, EA will in all likely hood NEVER release a league game...

f***ing kiwi mentality at work again...

"The stuffed up. Don't let them fix it"

"That coach screwed up. Lets upset whatever flow the team may have by firing him..."

Latest posts