• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby quiz question

You got 102 out of 178 answers correct. How the **** is Jonny Wilkinson's name spelt?! Tried to a minute different ways to get it to accept it..

OK then, I'll have a go.

Which to 1997 Lions tourists had names which were anagrams of each other?

No, it's something I was told ages ago and never forgotten it. Like there's only 1 London Tube station that has none of the letters in the word "mackerel"

No, it's something I was told ages ago and never forgotten it. Like there's only 1 London Tube station that has none of the letters in the word "mackerel"

Ah OK. Bateman made reference to it, where I first heard it.

Who is this now coach and former international?

Muma.png

Some of you have good memories. I got 91 on the Lions quiz. Looking through after, I can't believe I forgot some names like Shanklin, Catt etc. I couldn't spell McGeechan, spelling it with a gh instead, and for the life of me I couldn't remember names such as Vickery, Flutey, Worsley, Blair, even Ieuan Evans, despite being able to remember what they looked like.

Nobody got the last question.

So I will move on to another. How many of the players in this video can you name?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vITQXy_9S9w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

It looks a bit like Mike Umaga to me, but I could be way off the mark!

Some of you have good memories. I got 91 on the Lions quiz. Looking through after, I can't believe I forgot some names like Shanklin, Catt etc. I couldn't spell McGeechan, spelling it with a gh instead, and for the life of me I couldn't remember names such as Vickery, Flutey, Worsley, Blair, even Ieuan Evans, despite being able to remember what they looked like.

I was the same my spelling was terrible and I kept seeing peoples faces and couldn't place them, even people like Matthew Rees!!! *Hangs head in shame*

I don't think I am very good under pressure! 105, but I did throw a few generic names in there. I also missed Rob Howley, Jamie Roberts, and Lee Byrne. Oh dear

That's the correct answer. Samoan international Mike Umaga, Tana's older brother. Coaching Spain as a guest defence coach in 2009.

Next question to Darwin.

Ok then. Which prop has scored the most test tries? And how many test tries have they scored?

!i heard someone say it was Castrogiovanni after his try against France. I'm going to say... 12?

!i heard someone say it was Castrogiovanni after his try against France. I'm going to say... 12?

Yep, I will give that to you.

My question probably wasn't that good, as I see that Argentina's Federico Mendez Azpillaga - who played prop at the start of his career before shifting to hooker - had 14 tries (mainly against powerhouses like Spain and Paraguay....). Most of his tries were as a hooker, so he probably doesn't count though...

Next question to ZeFrenchy....

Latest posts