• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Shorts

D

DC

Well ive never had a problem with the length of my rugby shorts but have you ever thought that perhaps they'd look better longer?

I never noticed it until today but Gavin Henson wears some long shorts (looks like two shorts a short one on top of a longer one)

72075616.jpg

Overall though i think the longer shorts look much better than the shorter ones, i think rugby should make the shorts as long as soccer shorts!

Its not an important deal but this could open one great conversation :lol: :lol:

Discuss.

They're short for a reason. If we all followed the teachings of Mr Henson we'd be in real trouble.

A lot of people laugh about the 'mini' shorts rugby players play in, especially those who are not familiar with the sport but I would still prefer these shorts as they generally are today. It seems to make me run a lot faster than wearing long ones. But Gavin Henson's shorts look interesting.

When I saw that picture, all I could think of was "I'm a little teapot, short and stout..."

Yea i think hensons look really interesting especially with the tight fit top. I dont have a problem with the mini shorts but i just think longer shorts add a bit of a new flavour to the kit.

The only problem i might have with the longer shorts is bending down for the scrum half pass where the shorter shorts are much more beneficial.

The only problem i might have with the longer shorts is bending down for the scrum half pass where the shorter shorts are much more beneficial. [/b]
Exactly...
They are the right length for the sport...
Plus the ladies love 'em.

When I saw that picture, all I could think of was "I'm a little teapot, short and stout..."[/b]

Haha! Looking at that picture, shouldn't it be 'short and pout...' :p

There short for a simple reason... getting tackled on the thighs with long shorts means getting yah pants pulled down at the same time... Oh and diving for try's was another reason

Looks like he's missing some wallpaper.

I'll tell you the thing I HATE about rugby shorts. It's the chaffing we invariably suffer every pre-season. I mean, I was running like John Wayne up Arthur's Seat last weekend. Last season, at our pre-season camp, one of my fellow popo's couldn't run because his groin was red raw! (Couldn't run anyway actually).

Long shorts wouldn't work anyway. Would be too uncomfortable when crouching at any point, and lineouts might be a problem as the shorts may cover the 'handles' (if you will).

Rugby player should stop trying to be like footballers. Overpaid, over rated bunch of women the lot of them!

I'll tell you the thing I HATE about rugby shorts. It's the chaffing we invariably suffer every pre-season! [/b]
I Dont think people in the back line experience this sort of problem :D I take it you must be a prop or somewhere in the front row... Obvious fix for those with chaffing problem "cut down on them pies and donuts" ...Then bobs your uncle :cheers: Or Robs yah fathers brother :cheers:

Nothin wrong with the way they are atm. Some of the teams have new technologically advanced jerseys for the world cup...surely if the shorts needed to be changed, they would have been already.

I like the idea of the shorts being a little longer...they don't have to be like soccer/football shorts, but a little longer would be fine...and to the guy with some chaffing issues, i had a similar issue a while back, but i bought some long under armor underwear. my buddy wears those compression underwear with the cup, either way they are both longer, keeps everything in place and protects against chaffing...try that out...just don't wear boxers when you play or practise

I think the shorts nowadays are OK. The long ones would be ideal for the backs but not for the tight fives & halfback.

Well ive never had a problem with the length of my rugby shorts but have you ever thought that perhaps they'd look better longer?

I never noticed it until today but Gavin Henson wears some long shorts (looks like two shorts a short one on top of a longer one)

72075616.jpg

Overall though i think the longer shorts look much better than the shorter ones, i think rugby should make the shorts as long as soccer shorts!

Its not an important deal but this could open one great conversation :lol: :lol:

Discuss. [/b]

QUEER!

rugby shorts are just fine the way they are now! and i second o'roth's opinion. the ladies love em.

Yeah well I'm a hooker/prop and I do have large thighs. It just seems to be pre-season though, winter is fine. It's not that bad this year...but next week's training camp will be the test. Actully, I may just wear nylon football-style shorts to train in the summer.

I wear Kooga Skins shorts under my rugby shorts when I play so the length thing doesnt really bother me, so any changes would be purely asthetical for me

do the ladies even love this?

74808742.jpg
[/b]

hahaha! good point! :D

now if you tell me guys like ogling other guys in tight white shorts. thats a different story. i'll be like that american traitor who tried to help the british the civil war! i'll support soccer shorts(?)

Latest posts