Rugby stadiums

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by galaxtico, Apr 6, 2009.

1. galaxtico

galaxtico Guest

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Lansdowne Road

4. gingergenius

gingergenius Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Apr 6 2009, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    surely you mean the newest...?

5. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

no it's the oldest, it's not a new stadium, it's a redevelopment.

6. shazbooger

shazbooger Guest

Tarbh wins on a technicality :)

7. gingergenius

gingergenius Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Apr 6 2009, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    still I'd love to go to the new stadium. My Grandma grew up on Lansdowne Road itself. Wish I'd been to a game at Croke Park... I suppose I'll have to go to an All-Ireland final instead.

8. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Apr 6 2009, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    still I'd love to go to the new stadium. My Grandma grew up on Lansdowne Road itself. Wish I'd been to a game at Croke Park... I suppose I'll have to go to an All-Ireland final instead.
    [/b][/quote]

join the queue!

9. shazbooger

shazbooger Guest

10. GimleyUK

GimleyUK Guest

Sure was a great stadium, i had a snoop through the dart window outside the new Landsdown Road "Aviva" Stadium on my last trip to dublin last summer. looks very impressive.

The new parc y scarlets is very impressive and serve some of the finest pies and pasties at any magners venue i have been to.

11. feicarsinn

feicarsinn Guest

shame theres never anyone in the thing

12. GimleyUK

GimleyUK Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Apr 7 2009, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    well it is very expensive and people in Wales aren't very wealthy...

this credit crunch may even hit Dun Laoghaire

13. feicarsinn

feicarsinn Guest

yup... where i dont live good one :rolleyes:

14. GimleyUK

GimleyUK Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Apr 7 2009, 01:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    i didnt ask where you live...!

15. shazbooger

shazbooger Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GimleyUK @ Apr 6 2009, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Yeah its a good point though. leinster have the benefit of being the only team in Dublin and their marketing crew are out in force selling season tickets for next year. Its not a bad package in all with season ticket prices ranging from €250up.

Given the capture point they are pretty much guaranteed to do even better next year (in ticket sales) but your right, we have a big catchment area but were still only averaging about 19,000. Must do better.

16. GimleyUK

GimleyUK Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Apr 7 2009, 01:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Yeah its a good point though. leinster have the benefit of being the only team in Dublin and their marketing crew are out in force selling season tickets for next year. Its not a bad package in all with season ticket prices ranging from €250up.

Given the capture point they are pretty much guaranteed to do even better next year (in ticket sales) but your right, we have a big catchment area but were still only averaging about 19,000. Must do better.
    [/b][/quote]
    thats a pretty good price on a season ticket, but it is still a lot of cash for us to fork out. a lot of people round here really don't have it, hense the lack of gate figures in wales compared to ireland and england

we are all equally passionte about rugby with out doubt, but i am affraid in wales there is a lot of badly paid work and lots of unemployment

17. feicarsinn

feicarsinn Guest

i was more thinking why build the bloody thing so big if your never going to fill it

18. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

thing is though it's not that big.

19. monkeypigeon

monkeypigeon Guest

Considering all the Dell and suchpulling out of Limerick and the Pharmecuticals ditching Cork I don't know how Thomand is getting 23000+ in every match. And I think the 23000 was when they were opening below full capacity because of safety when the thing was first opened.

20. GimleyUK

GimleyUK Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Apr 7 2009, 02:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    the season tickets were sold a while ago though...!

may well be different in a year.

I hope not, i have heard the financial situation in Ireland is very very bad.

On a cheerier note... hows the pasties and pies ? Ospreys Steak Slice is Awsome...!

21. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

we're not really a pie and pastie country though.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!