• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Union Team Manager 2017 for PC and Mac

i feel like i saw someone else post about this... but currently in my game it gets stuck after the AVIVA premiership semi-final 2 on may 20

is there any way to fix this or have i lost the file

i feel like i saw someone else post about this... but currently in my game it gets stuck after the AVIVA premiership semi-final 2 on may 20

Hi, Sorry to hear of your problem, this is happening because you are playing with a saved game that just happened to have been made between two of our recent updates. We can though "save" your saved game if you wish, you will just need to send us your saved game.
If you wish to do this, please use "We Transfer" (it is free), and send to our email address :- [email protected]
1) Go to the WeTransfer website and fill in the relevant email addresses.

2) Click Add your files and then on your computer navigate to C:\RUTM2017_Data this is where you will find the saved games.

We will then take a look and send your saved game back to you.

I hope this is helpful

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

So not even acknowledging the scrum half running out of play problem Dave?

Hi Disco,

Very sorry I missed your post.
Please can you email us at [email protected], with more details i.e. who you were playing as, etc., and also your computer's details (including those of your graphics card) Plus if possible please could you send us a saved game, ideally before, but if not, then after this incident , please send this via "We Transfer" (which is free to use) to our email address [email protected], and we will see if we can repeat this, and solve it.

I hope this is helpful
Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd.

Hi guys I've downloaded a database change and i was just wondering how i install this into the game on a mac??

Just bought the game and noticed a few database errors.
Mainly with the Newcastle Falcons.
Brett Connon is called Brett Cannon
Harrison Orr is called Harrsison Orr
and
There is a player listed as Sam Lawson with Scott Lawson's photograph, whom I guessed was meant to be Sam LOCKWOOD (could the name be changed and the right photograph added)
also
Kyle Cooper is missing a photograph, can this be added either by myself or in an update to the current database?

Few little things but I cannot change the names myself, so can anything be done about this?

Just bought the game and noticed a few database errors.
Mainly with the Newcastle Falcons.
Brett Connon is called Brett Cannon
Harrison Orr is called Harrsison Orr
and
There is a player listed as Sam Lawson with Scott Lawson's photograph, whom I guessed was meant to be Sam LOCKWOOD (could the name be changed and the right photograph added)
also
Kyle Cooper is missing a photograph, can this be added either by myself or in an update to the current database?

Few little things but I cannot change the names myself, so can anything be done about this?

Hi

We will look to correct these typos etc. in a next update.

Many thanks for picking up on these.

Kind Regards
Dave

Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

- - - Updated - - -

Hi
We have now fixed this, and it will be in an update to the game,later this evening, so you will not lose your saved game.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

Last edited:
Do I need to do anything for the game to pick up the latest updates, or do I just need to be connected to steam?

Also, how do I transfer players in the editor? I have managed to remove players but do not know how to add players to a squad, how do i do this?

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Can I add my own photographs, I notice Kyle Cooper is missing a photograph, and the super rugby players do not seems to be in the photographs folder, so can this be changed?
Also, will any uopdates be compatable with any derekfb's updates?

Hi Dave iv'e been changing a lot of player attributes but when i start the a new game the some of the attributes are still randomized any ideas why.

Hi Dave iv'e been changing a lot of player attributes but when i start the a new game the some of the attributes are still randomized any ideas why.

Hi Derek,

It'll be because we've hard coded some players attribute values and they will be overwriting the database file.
Sorry about this, in the next update we will make it so that they will only overwrite with the default database and not an edited database.

I hope this helps

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Do I need to do anything for the game to pick up the latest updates, or do I just need to be connected to steam?

Also, how do I transfer players in the editor? I have managed to remove players but do not know how to add players to a squad, how do i do this?

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Can I add my own photographs, I notice Kyle Cooper is missing a photograph, and the super rugby players do not seems to be in the photographs folder, so can this be changed?
Also, will any uopdates be compatable with any derekfb's updates?

Hi
In answer to your questions:-
1 You need to right click Rugby Union Team Manager 2017 in your Steam library and check the game is set to

update automatically.
2 After you have removed the player, just select a different club, then Add to Main Squad, or Add to Academy etc.
3 We have added that player in tonight's update. Sorry you cannot add your own photos.
4 All updates are compatible, if you first load the edited database first then start for there.
I hope this helps
Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

After the update, Sam Lockwood is correctly named in the default database, but when I load derekfb's database, he is listed as Scott Lockwood, is this something I have to take up with derekfb or can this be solved another way?

Also, will the next update include typo changes for Craig Willis (down as Craig Wills), Brett Connon (down as Brett Cannon), and Harrison Orr (down as Harisison Orr)?

Thanks

If it's Sam Lockwood that playes for Newcastle its nothing to do with me we cant edit players names from the licenced database.

I also noticed that Scott Spedding is missing from Clermont in all of the databases, including the default one.

Any reason for this?

Last edited:
Hi Dave would there be a chance that when using the editor we could add extra players and coaches to the game database please instead of moving unlicensed players from team to team to edit.

I also noticed that Scott Spedding is missing from Clermont in all of the databases, including the default one.

Any reason for this?

Hi Sorry there are 1000s of players in the game so we may have odd omissions and typos We are continuing to look at the player database to correct where ever possible.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Hi Disco,

Very sorry I missed your post.
Please can you email us at [email protected], with more details i.e. who you were playing as, etc., and also your computer's details (including those of your graphics card) Plus if possible please could you send us a saved game, ideally before, but if not, then after this incident , please send this via "We Transfer" (which is free to use) to our email address [email protected], and we will see if we can repeat this, and solve it.

I hope this is helpful
Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

Currently sending saved games with this incident it. I've also just had a glitch where a game had to be restarted at half time when all the players randomly ran to a corner and just flickered. I've explained more fully in my email

Hi Sorry there are 1000s of players in the game so we may have odd omissions and typos We are continuing to look at the player database to correct where ever possible.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Hi guys found Scott Spedding he is at Bayonne still

Also no Patricio Fernandez at Clermont, the young Argentinian fly half. And no Judicael Cancoriet, plus Arthur Itturia is in the Clermont academy but does not have a photograph, despite being a big player for them this season.

Not being picky, just trying to add to the game with things that others may have missed.

Last edited:
Potentially stupid question, but will a players stats improve the more potential points they have?

Latest posts