• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Union Team Manager 2017 for PC and Mac

First post to the forum.

Thanks Dave and team for making the game, and also really impressed by your dialogue with gamers. Thanks also to Derek for the real name DB - without this I would not have bought the game. I had RUTM15 which I dabbled with a little, but quickly got frustrated when I couldn't get the real name DB to work and had clearly started out with some errors re training and such.

Anyway, I haven't started playing a career yet, but thought I'd ask here - what are the essentials for a new game? What coaching set up and investments should I make in the first few days, and how exactly does the scouting part work out for other gamers? I know there is a manual, but usually real life experience tells you more about these things. Thanks.

Hi you need to go to windows (c), program files (x86), steam, steamapps, common, rugby union team manager 2017, external then rutm2017 clubs or rutm2017 competitions (depends what you are doing) then the number before the image name you have downloaded is the file name you want in rutm2017 clubs. move them into the file and then delete the number from the image name leaving Badge or Badge_small.

Awesome. Really easy but a bi time consuming. Really is a great job.

Anyone know if you can change flags in it?

I've made a list of the few problems I've had/a couple of improvements to make

Game ending at 40/80 minutes - often someone kicks the ball out at around 39 minutes, but then it takes a minute for the players to reach the line-out so then there isn't actually time to take the line-out

Super Rugby/Pro 12 relegation - this is maybe the biggest problem because there is no relegation in these leagues, so it makes the leagues themselves wrong and then there are teams in the wrong leagues below (for example, Treviso are in the Irish league in my game now)

Players offside after kicks - often there are loads of players in front of the kicker but they still pick the ball up without being penalised

Flankers moving positions after yellow cards - it's annoying how the number 7 moves to whatever position a player who gets sin-binned plays in (I've had a 7 play at 10 before which is not ideal)

Unrealistic wage hikes - maybe this is just me not really wanting to pay players much but it feels unrealistic that a player currently on around 20k would ask for well over 100k when he hasn't improved much

Customising player looks - it would be nice to be able to edit how the players look so it's easier to tell the difference between players during matches

Rewinding the game - it would be nice to be able to rewind/replay parts of the game ie if you want to rewatch a try

Transfer records - maybe this already exists but I'd like to be able to see transfer records for more than a month - even if it's only for the club I manage

Advantage during games - I think it would be good to play advantage whenever a team knocks on to make it more realistic

Last edited:
2 questions

When getting a warning for being over the 6.5m salary cap in the Premiership, is there a way of finding out exactly what your current wage budget is? Can't seem to find it in the finance section.

After you sim a game, or have an assistant in charge of a team, can you look at the match statistics anywhere?

Cheers

When getting a warning for being over the 6.5m salary cap in the Premiership, is there a way of finding out exactly what your current wage budget is? Can't seem to find it in the finance section.

After you sim a game, or have an assistant in charge of a team, can you look at the match statistics anywhere?

Cheers

Hi

In answer to your questions:-
The salary information is inthe Club section, which is the shield icon 2nd from the bottom on the left.

When you simulate a match, the stats are displayed.
When you have anassistant oversee a match, the stats aren't displayed, but they are added to the individual player'stallies.

I do hope this is helpful, and that you are enjoying the game.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd.

Just had a problem where two of my players have just disappeared (Rob Evans and Tadgh Beirne), I can't find them in any of my squads and they're not showing up in the transfer records. Any help?

Update: I found Rob Evans who was playing for the Dragons for some reason so I have him back now (although I did have to pay 240k for him so obviously not totally happy about that)

Last edited:
Another bug I've noticed, I'm in my second season and the Pro 12 semi-finals and Rugby Champions Cup final are on the same weekend so there's a clash there

Just had a problem where two of my players have just disappeared (Rob Evans and Tadgh Beirne), I can't find them in any of my squads and they're not showing up in the transfer records. Any help?

Update: I found Rob Evans who was playing for the Dragons for some reason so I have him back now (although I did have to pay 240k for him so obviously not totally happy about that)

Hi Aled,

Sorry to hear of your problem.
If possible please could you send
a saved game close to, but before the day they disappeared, so we can see what happened, and fix it for you.
When sending a saved game please could you send to me at:- [email protected]. Please use "We Transfer" (it is free) https://wetransfer.com/
Many thanks for your support.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

<strike>

</strike>​

Hi Aled,

Sorry to hear of your problem.
If possible please could you send
a saved game close to, but before the day they disappeared, so we can see what happened, and fix it for you.
When sending a saved game please could you send to me at:- [email protected]. Please use "We Transfer" (it is free) https://wetransfer.com/
Many thanks for your support.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

<strike>

</strike>​

I've played on with the game so it's a few months since this happened in the game, is there a way to find the old save?

I've played on with the game so it's a few months since this happened in the game, is there a way to find the old save?

Hi Aled,

If it shows up inoptions and the date is before they went missing, please send, it will be here :

C:\RUTM2017_Data

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Vikings

I'm currently trying to select vikings touring squad, but due to front row injuries and suspensions there are not enough eligible front rowers so can't proceed. What's the way forward here?

Last edited:
I'm currently trying to select vikings touring squad, but due to front row injuries and suspensions there are not enough eligible front rowers so can't proceed. What's the way forward here?

Hi Adam,

We are looking into this for you, and will get back to you, just as soon as we can with a solution to your particular problem.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

Hi Adam,

We are looking into this for you, and will get back to you, just as soon as we can with a solution to your particular problem.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

Hi Adam,
We have now solved this for you, and it will be in an update to the game later tonight.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

2D Match Engine now also added.

We have now added a 2D match engine to Rugby Union Team Manager 2017, in addition to the 3D engine, for all those that have requested if they could have a 2D match view as well.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

We have now added a 2D match engine to Rugby Union Team Manager 2017, in addition to the 3D engine, for all those that have requested if they could have a 2D match view as well.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

Great. Thanks for all the updates Dave.

Initially thought I would prefer a 2D display, but I'm getting used to, and quite enjoying, the 3D now. It would be better to get a side of pitch view, but that's something for future releases I guess.

One thing I have had twice now is playing as Exeter Chiefs my scrum half has run the ball from a ruck near the 22 back over my try line and out of play.

Also when playing against Saracens their 9 was down on the floor after a previous phase some distance away from the new ruck, then suddenly had the ball in his hands without going anywhere near the ruck. Twice in one game.

Ok so my Colts have got to game day and they have have less than 23 fit players available. From what I can tell me game is now stuck. I can't sign any youngsters but I can't progress without 23 players.

[TABLE="width: 500"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
Ok so my Colts have got to game day and they have have less than 23 fit players available. From what I can tell me game is now stuck. I can't sign any youngsters but I can't progress without 23 players.

You will need to buy players from a Colts league from the Transfer List, Loan List or Out of Contract List.
Scouting from these lists is immediate.
Just make sure you select a Colts league in the Select League section
of Assign Scout.
I hope this is helpful and that you are enjoying the game.
Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Just had the same thing happen again - my scrum half runs the ball out of play for no reason, this time from pretty much my ten metre line, to back over my try line and out. Any fix for this Dave?

Latest posts