• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Union Team Manager 2017 for PC and Mac

Hi Dave

Can you please give the folder numbers of the super cahmpionship teams

Hi
We may be able to create that additional 2D match view, sooner than I thought, perhaps for early in the New Year.

Happy Christmas

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd.

THat would be awesome.

Here are some things I've noticed from playing about 10 hours of it.

When you go into individual training and select a guy to lose weight or gain weight, I can't seem to find anyway of then unselecting him to remain at his current weight, unless I select rest?

Certain set pieces from lineouts/scrums seem to have a way too high success rate. For example I the one that gets the ball to the outside centre seems to result in a try around 50% of the time.

When you are winning your players don't kick the ball out of play unless you win a penalty and select kick to touch or they kick for position.

Perhaps terminating the contract of a youth players wouldn't have the same negative 10 effect on the board as cutting a senior player?

Descriptions of the special abilities could be handy also, for example 'champagne rugby' isn't fully clear what it does.

If I click auto complete on training but then want to change one of the days it doesn't seem to allow me unless I clear all the training.

Perhaps it could be made more apparent when someone is injured during a game, like pausing it? As normally I just see that a guy's fitness is 0 and don't notice the small text.

Some of these issues probably aren't issues and I've missed something.

I'd like to clarify though that none of these stop the game from being fun and I'm finally enjoying a good rugby manager game!

Last edited:
Hi Dave

Can you please give the folder numbers of the super cahmpionship teams

Hi John,

Here you are :-

North Peninsula 60
Canberra 72
Pretoria 75
Bloemfontein 90
North Island 91
South Island 105
Western Australia 133
Dunedin 157
Napier 162
Johannesburg 260
Victoria 237
Queensland 239
Durban 254
Cape Town 270
New South Wales 302
Eastern Cape 321
Tokyo 322
Buenos Aires 323

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

couple things

teams seem to be scoring 10 point tries... idk if anyone else is seeing this

game endings are win... if you kick for touch before clock hits 80 you get the lineout
if scrum starts before 80 it has to finish, it wheeling doesn't end the scrum it must restart

Hi
We may be able to create that additional 2D match view, sooner than I thought, perhaps for early in the New Year.

Happy Christmas

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

That would be brilliant Dave. One further question, has the option to select backs and forwards moves been removed from RUTM 2017? You used to be able to select from an option, A, B, C, D etc. by checking "ad-lib" on the tactics screen. Am I just missing this somewhere?

Thanks again.

How far off are some of the player positions just editing the positions for players at Benetton Treviso and there is a player called Simone Ferrari who is a Winger and a Centre on the game but in real life hes a Tighthead Prop. Dont like to moan but player positions should be a must to get right surely.

How far off are some of the player positions just editing the positions for players at Benetton Treviso and there is a player called Simone Ferrari who is a Winger and a Centre on the game but in real life hes a Tighthead Prop. Dont like to moan but player positions should be a must to get right surely.

Hi Derek
There are some 18,000 players in the game, if you feel there are some which could be wrong, then could you please email me at:- [email protected] with the details, and I will certainly check them out.
Many Thanks
Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Hi Dave

My injured players fitness levels don't seem to change when they return from injury. They remain the level they were when injured.

Hi dave is there any way we can put pictures of players who are unlicensed on the game. Also could we have the option to edit licenced players and clubs names like you did with the height and weight of licenced players please.

Hi Dave

My injured players fitness levels don't seem to change when they return from injury. They remain the level they were when injured.

Hi,
They won't justimprove automatically, the player will have to train.
So you need to try a combination of hiring good quality motivation coaches, including more cardio based training sessions in the team training rota, and selecting extra fitness in the individual regime.

I hope this is helpful

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Hi dave is there any way we can put pictures of players who are unlicensed on the game. Also could we have the option to edit licenced players and clubs names like you did with the height and weight of licenced players please.

Hi Derek,

We will look to add the ability to add photos for non-licensed players, in an update later this week.
Regarding licensed players this would cause issues with licensors.

I hope this is helpful.
Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Im really enjoying the game however there are a couple reoccurring issues that are making it a little unplayable at times:

-Random crashes during matches such as taking a conversion on the stroke of half time or scoring a try at the death causing players to run around on the spot and the game to freeze.

-I would say over half 'medium low risk' kicks are dropped which is pretty unrealistic at Aviva and euro level?

-Once injured my players are not recovering fitness levels. Harry Thacker, Ed Slater and Magnus Bradbury have all frozen on single digits.

-Im finding some of the attribute changes to be quite confusing. One week mike Williams is 76, the next he is 68?

Owen Williams has featured very regularly for me but has slipped from 72 to 64 for no apparent reason.

Maybe im doing something wrong? I thought I would feedback anyway.

Great game though, big leap from 2015.

Hi Curtbob,

Sorry to hear of the problems you raised, please can you check that you are playing the game with all the latest updates ( we are actually putting one up later tonight as well)
If you still are then having any problems, please email me with the details at [email protected] . Please also include the details of your computer and its video card as well.
Regarding your question about fitness levels , you will need to keep training players, and especially after they return from injury.

We are really pleased that you are enjoying the game, and thank you for your kind words.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

Hi Curtbob,

Regarding your players Mike and Owen Williams.
Attribute movements are sensitive to team training, individual training, match time and the potential the player has left.
In the Training -> Training Overview screen you can use the graph to see which attributes aren't receiving enough attention.
All attribute gains are proportional to the potential the player has left, so if this is low, or the player is getting on a bit, attributes are more likely to fall or stay the same, than rise no matter what training is carried out.

I hope this is helpful

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Im really enjoying the game however there are a couple reoccurring issues that are making it a little unplayable at times:

-Random crashes during matches such as taking a conversion on the stroke of half time or scoring a try at the death causing players to run around on the spot and the game to freeze.

-I would say over half 'medium low risk' kicks are dropped which is pretty unrealistic at Aviva and euro level?

-Once injured my players are not recovering fitness levels. Harry Thacker, Ed Slater and Magnus Bradbury have all frozen on single digits.

-Im finding some of the attribute changes to be quite confusing. One week mike Williams is 76, the next he is 68?

Owen Williams has featured very regularly for me but has slipped from 72 to 64 for no apparent reason.

Maybe im doing something wrong? I thought I would feedback anyway.

Great game though, big leap from 2015.

Re injured players returning. Put them on hill sprints in their individual regimes.

No I have had it and I think some others posted about it also.

Hi
We had been unable to repeat this, but we have now done a fix to ensure it can not happen, and it will be in an update on Friday.

Many thanks for your support, and we hope you are enjoying the game.

All the very best for Christmas

Dave
Customer Support

My better half is getting the game for me for Christmas. Wondering if there is any one file that I could download for all the badges, leagues and so on?

Latest posts