• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Union Team Manager 2017 for PC and Mac

Hey Dave,

Just finished changing all the badges to original badges, but it seems as though some teams are missing in the clubs folder. Teams not in there are Ebbw Vale from Wales, East Coast from Australia, Eastern Province and Welkom from South Africa. In the folder there are 324 badges. Is that correct?

Hi Zigi

The teams are in they can be found:-

Ebbw Vale - Wales Div 2 East - Folder 122
East Coast - Australia Div 1 - Folder 117
Eastern Province - South Africa Div 1 - Folder 118
Welkom - South Africa Div 1 - Folder 148

There are 324 club folders each with 2 badges, one normal and one small.

Hope this helps, and that you are enjoying the game.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd.

Thanks a lot! I am enjoying it too much...been busy with the editor since the game came out. I have been playing it from the first release of the union and league game. Always been a good game, but I think with all the changes it is definitely the best rugby manager game out there now.

Keep up the great work! :D:D:D

I also play a lot of FM and i love this game it is not as polished or in depth as FM yet but getting there fast this is only the second release so think of it as a early FM , if your a rugby fan it is for you , Lions tour is in it also baabaas and no multiplayer

Cheers for that. I'll ask is it easy to navigate through etc

Just come back from the gym where I chatted to some of my local club players about this game. They're also watching it with interest.

I was wondering how "wrong" the unlicensed player names are, as I am a casual gamer, so wouldn't be one to spend time editing. There are far too many southern hemisphere players to edit, so if the names are only a little "off", I reckon I could live with it.

How detailed are the tactics in this version of the game? I cannot find a YouTube career story to follow, as that is the easiest way to get questions answered is by watching 15 mins or so of someone playing it on YouTube.

Just come back from the gym where I chatted to some of my local club players about this game. They're also watching it with interest.

I was wondering how "wrong" the unlicensed player names are, as I am a casual gamer, so wouldn't be one to spend time editing. There are far too many southern hemisphere players to edit, so if the names are only a little "off", I reckon I could live with it.

How detailed are the tactics in this version of the game? I cannot find a YouTube career story to follow, as that is the easiest way to get questions answered is by watching 15 mins or so of someone playing it on YouTube.

Hi AndrevD,

If you buy the game from Steam, they will let you have a refund if you have played the game for less than 2 hours, so this is an ideal way for you to test the game out to see if it works for you.
Also you will find that gamers are already doing mods for the Southern hemisphere teams, I think there is a thread up already for this.

We hope that you will enjoy the game.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

Hello everyone, excuse me but can anyone help me? I can't make a transfer, I can't find how to propose a contract to a player etc.. Can you tell me the procedure via the menus? Thank you very much in advance

Hi,

I notice that many countries don't even exist in the game. By that I mean not simply are their national teams missing, but it is not possible to change the nationality to these countries. Germany is an example. There are two or three players from that country playing in the ProD2, who play for the German national team, yet in-game, their nationality is down as French. A similar story exists for Belgium. At least, there should be a greater selection of countries that players can come from, which will make the game a little more realistic.

Another issue I think is with the kits. It does not seem possible to edit the kits directly without resorting to Photoshop or a similar program. I appreciate that in the case of unlicensed teams, the kits need to be wrong, but I do think that there should be an easy way to change this in the editor.

Finally, this is more of a suggestion, but given that Argentina and Japan are now represented in Super Rugby, I think it would be great if the Campeonato Argentino and the Top League were added to the game.

Thanks for listening, and I hope that your game does well.

Hello everyone, excuse me but can anyone help me? I can't make a transfer, I can't find how to propose a contract to a player etc.. Can you tell me the procedure via the menus? Thank you very much in advance

You can only start contract negotiations with players who are in the "clubs permitted" pane from the Transfers tab. In this "clubs permitted" window, you should see free players that you have scouted and scouted under-contract players for which you had an agreed transfer with their current clubs.

Please make sure that you do not have an open contract negotiation with a player as it would prevent you to start any new negotiation.

Hi Please check out the game's manual, access via the game's start-up screen, pages 20 to 23 should be of help.
I hope you are enjoying the game.
Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Soooo what would would everyone on here who's played it give it out of 10? I'm curious about getting it.

Also, do you need a particularly power PC/Laptop to play it? I've got a HP Pavillion laptop that's about 4 years old now and dunno if i'll have any problems or not.

Ok if I buy is impossible to just download a MOD with up to date stuff like squads and SH teams being correct etc.

There are a few people working on that at the moment @munstermuffin. I'm sure it won't be too long before it's released.

Last edited by a moderator:
Super awesome to see my young inside centre breaking into the Springbok team , getting his 30th cap against the Argies scoring 10 tries in his international career to date !! , what we do need is to have June and end of year tests series ! Get almost no chance to play nations like England and Ireland other than the world cup

Hi everyone,

- it is not possible to change a teams` nationality anymore, would be nice, if you could include that again in future updates of the editor, it gives way more options to edit legues.

So all in all good progress from the previous version, lots of pros, a few cons (like why on earth is there still Promotion/relegation from Super Rugby and Pro12, you should`ve scrapped that.)

Hi guys! I bought the game last week and would also really like to see the ability to edit leagues. I would really like to play with SH teams but the season feels a bit short in comparison to the NH season with no cups included. Would be nice if we were allowed to create our own league.

Also, it would be nice if games lasted a little bit longer. At the moment it feels as if a match is over before very quickly even though a lot can happen such a short amount of time.

Well done on a good game!

Hi,
A French version or a patch is planned ?
Thank you in advance!

Sorry for my english :lol:

Match fix

Good Morning Guys,

So I've been playing the game a bit. Some of it I like, I must admit some of it I don't like.

Pros:
- Updated on 2015
- Training more in depth
- Finances make more sense
- Having to meet league criteria is of genuine importance
- More approaches from opposing teams for players

Cons:
- UI - I hate it. If I'm honest. Everythings too large, from the buttons, to the screens in general. I've got it toned down to my screen and have tried windowed or full screen. No effect. Much preferred 2015s layout. Heck just copying football manager here would be perfect.
- Match Engine - My main real gripe. Not the engine itself, but the view. The views are rubbish. The screen just keeps going round and round and round. I've no idea what's going on. In the end I just say bugger it and hope for the best for any penalty calls but I have no say in what's going on because the view is going round and round the stadium so much it's not even bothering to focus on play. I'd rather play instant result... which doesn't seem fun!
- Scouting - What's up with this? Why should I have to scout every team just to find out anything about players? When you take over a team like Saracens for example, like I did, there's no need to scout top teams, most people know what's going on with each other at that tier of the game anyway, very rarely does the scouting help in that regard. We know who's good and who's not. Scouting is good for slightly lesser known players and leagues to find gems, not to scout players we already know just for the sake of it.

Meh:
Accuracy - I think I kind of understand this though. From what I can tell, the really important players are given a star ranking and the game generates higher stats for them, that's fine. The rest are then roughly simulated with rough ideas on stats. But I've seen games with Manu Tuilagi on only 20 power... are you mad?

Couple of hours impressions... Obviously I'll play the game, I'll always support rugby manager games and hope they come good, however from a UI and Match Engine perspective, 2015 was much better. It's spoilt the game a little bit for me because, if the cons were fixed above, it's hard really to find too many gripes. I haven't delved beyond 1 season so I don't know if the financial system in place works but it seems ok so far. Overall, 5/10. :( I never give ratings that low but felt the first 2 cons left me really frustrated.

Good Morning Guys,

So I've been playing the game a bit. Some of it I like, I must admit some of it I don't like.

Pros:
- Updated on 2015
- Training more in depth
- Finances make more sense
- Having to meet league criteria is of genuine importance
- More approaches from opposing teams for players

Cons:
- UI - I hate it. If I'm honest. Everythings too large, from the buttons, to the screens in general. I've got it toned down to my screen and have tried windowed or full screen. No effect. Much preferred 2015s layout. Heck just copying football manager here would be perfect.
- Match Engine - My main real gripe. Not the engine itself, but the view. The views are rubbish. The screen just keeps going round and round and round. I've no idea what's going on. In the end I just say bugger it and hope for the best for any penalty calls but I have no say in what's going on because the view is going round and round the stadium so much it's not even bothering to focus on play. I'd rather play instant result... which doesn't seem fun!
- Scouting - What's up with this? Why should I have to scout every team just to find out anything about players? When you take over a team like Saracens for example, like I did, there's no need to scout top teams, most people know what's going on with each other at that tier of the game anyway, very rarely does the scouting help in that regard. We know who's good and who's not. Scouting is good for slightly lesser known players and leagues to find gems, not to scout players we already know just for the sake of it.

Meh:
Accuracy - I think I kind of understand this though. From what I can tell, the really important players are given a star ranking and the game generates higher stats for them, that's fine. The rest are then roughly simulated with rough ideas on stats. But I've seen games with Manu Tuilagi on only 20 power... are you mad?

Couple of hours impressions... Obviously I'll play the game, I'll always support rugby manager games and hope they come good, however from a UI and Match Engine perspective, 2015 was much better. It's spoilt the game a little bit for me because, if the cons were fixed above, it's hard really to find too many gripes. I haven't delved beyond 1 season so I don't know if the financial system in place works but it seems ok so far. Overall, 5/10. :( I never give ratings that low but felt the first 2 cons left me really frustrated.

I also agree with just to copy the UI of football manager it is simple but very effective and I like the look of it , the match engine needs a redo the new features is nice but I have seen some pretty awesome rugby sim match engines build in unity if we can get something like that in RUTM this games sales will sky rocket , the manager part is pretty good and in depth , I really started to enjoy the game when the internationals start , I have a youngster that were recruited into my colts and at the age of 20 he was playing for south Africa and now he has 30 international caps already with international calibre and these are the kind of things that I really enjoy about this game , I cant wait for the international squads to be named always hoping another of my youngsters get a call up , I did read that they are working on the camera view and should be fixed soon they really take notice of what we feel and always try to help and make the game better .

Good Morning Guys,

Hi
Please could we have more information about your Match Engine problem. T
he camera will orbit as players enter the pitch, but it should stop as soon as the match kicks off. We've double checked the code and we cannot see why it should keep orbiting for you. So please could you kindly email me at [email protected], with details of your computer plus the graphics card, and if you could please confirm which team you are playing as etc., so we can investigate this for you.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Hi Dave,

My apologies I wasn't sure it was a genuine bug!

I'll drop you an email tomorrow evening.

Will you require any screenshots?

Kind regards,

Wendigo

Hi Dave,

My apologies I wasn't sure it was a genuine bug!

I'll drop you an email tomorrow evening.

Will you require any screenshots?

Kind regards,

Wendigo

Hi Wendigo,
Yes screen shots would be helpful.
Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,
A French version or a patch is planned ?
Thank you in advance!

Sorry for my english :lol:

Hi Justin,

Yes we are busy creating a French localised version, we do not yet though have a firm release date for this update, and for a possible the retail boxed version.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

Latest posts