• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Union Team Manager 2017 for PC and Mac

Dave - Is there anyway to substitute a player if he has been swapped positions with someone else? I can't seem to select that player to take off once hes swapped.

Dave - Is there anyway to substitute a player if he has been swapped positions with someone else? I can't seem to select that player to take off once hes swapped.

Hi Harry,
Once players have been selected to swap or substitute, the changes will take place at the next break in play. Until then further changes to those players are not possible.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Any tips? I'm struggling at parts. How to I keep fitness up and prevent injuries. What does the attrition system do and how to increase recovery time, etc?

Also in a match what are the difference defence styles' benefits? In most defensive setting my players seem to leave the 10-12 channel empty or they move when the player is coming towards them.

Also in a match what are the difference defence styles' benefits? In most defensive setting my players seem to leave the 10-12 channel empty or they move when the player is coming towards them.

Hi Holmesy,

We do hope you are enjoying the game, and in answer to your questions:-

Any tips? I'm struggling at parts. How to I keep fitness up and prevent injuries. What does the attrition system do and how to increase recovery time, etc?

Get your players doing extra fitness in their Individual Regimes. Although, watch for your half backs kicking attributes falling and if they do switch just your half backs Individual Regime to extra kicking.

Attrition builds up through wear and tear during a match. Assign physios between matches to reduce the attrition build up. Entering a match still with attrition from the
previous match will result in reduced match energy. If a player has lots of attrition, hire the cyrochamber so speed up the recovery.

Also in a match what are the difference defence styles' benefits? In mostdefensive setting my players seem to leave the 10-12 channel empty or they movewhen the player is coming towards them.

Blitz - defenders move up fast but expends highenergy
Slide - defenders move the way the ball is being passed expending moderateenergy
Aligned - defenders align themselves with the opposition players expendingmoderate energy
Conserve - defenders hang back conceding territory but conserving energy

I hope this is helpful

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Hi Dave

Enjoying the game so far lots of great additions.

Quick question re training: the bars that say how much training for each attribute you're doing are showing as zero for rucking. Hoe do I increase this?

Hi Dave

Enjoying the game so far lots of great additions.

Quick question re training: the bars that say how much training for each attribute you're doing are showing as zero for rucking. Hoe do I increase this?

Hi,

In answer to your question:-
You need to add Simulated Match sessions with the Addition Allow Contact ticked
or add Set-Piece sessions with the Addition Include Rucking ticked.

If it will not allow you to tick the Additions, you have to untick them from elsewhere first.

Delighted to hear that your are enjoying the game.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Hello Dave !
First, let me thank you for your efforts on this new game. The new stuff is great, menus are more easy to browse and the ingame tactics make the matches more enjoyable !
There are just two things that could be improved in my opinion :
- There are bugs in matches (camera goes round at the begining and loses the action), game crashes sometimes (players just gather around the ball and I have to restart the match)
- Even if much more detailed and interesting, the transfer market should really focuses on negociating with players with ending contracts ! I really think negociating with players and getting them at the end of the season would be more realistic !

Again, thank you for your disponibility and work !

Quick question for Dave, or anyone who already has the game.........Is the RFU championship licensed? So do teams like Yorkshire Carnegie etc, have real players?
Thanks

Hello Dave !
First, let me thank you for your efforts on this new game. The new stuff is great, menus are more easy to browse and the ingame tactics make the matches more enjoyable !
There are just two things that could be improved in my opinion :
- There are bugs in matches (camera goes round at the begining and loses the action), game crashes sometimes (players just gather around the ball and I have to restart the match)
- Even if much more detailed and interesting, the transfer market should really focuses on negociating with players with ending contracts ! I really think negociating with players and getting them at the end of the season would be more realistic !

Again, thank you for your disponibility and work !

Hi
Many thanks for your kind words they are really appreciated.
Sorry you are having problems with the match, we will look it this, please could you email us, with your computer's specifications, and particularily wuth details on your graphics card email to:- [email protected]

Plus thank you for your suggestion.

We are very pleased that you are enjoying the game.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quick question for Dave, or anyone who already has the game.........Is the RFU championship licensed? So do teams like Yorkshire Carnegie etc, have real players?
Thanks
Hi

The Championship, is not licensed, but you will find that the much more powerful editor is very useful and easy to use.
We hope that you will enjoy the game, and many thanks for your support.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

Dave can the Vikings and the B&I C be added to the editor that i can change their names

Dave can the Vikings and the B&I C be added to the editor that i can change their names

Hi John,

Yes we will add thisin, with the next update later this week.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

Stupid question here from someone living in the dark ages with Windows XP. Minimum requirements are listed as Vista, so I'm assuming that obviously it won't work on my computer?

Stupid question here from someone living in the dark ages with Windows XP. Minimum requirements are listed as Vista, so I'm assuming that obviously it won't work on my computer?

I think it should work , maybe min is set to Vista because XP might be unknown to some lol:D

Hi everyone,

congrats to the new game, I haven`t yet had the time to play a great deal, but on first impression it looks like there are some big improvements made. There`s clearly more depth to the game, with players developing/increasing realistically, the new system with changing calibres is perfect. AI teams seem very active on the transfer market (which wasnt the case in the previous version). The scouting system seems a bit strange, but I haven`t spent much time on it, got to have a closer look how it works.
The Editor looks good and is way better to handle than the previous one, with possibility to change staff/facilities, but there are a few things I noticed:
- you can`t change nationality/age and weght/height of players in licensed teams. Is that intentional? I understand that you cannot change the name of licensed players/clubs, but nationality, age, weight...? If it is possible for you to enable that, it would be great, since a lot of players have wrong nationalities (for. ex. french national player Ollivon of Toulon is NZ, irish Mark Flanagan of Saracens is ENG etc...) so that we are able correct that with the editor.
- it is not possible to change a teams` nationality anymore, would be nice, if you could include that again in future updates of the editor, it gives way more options to edit legues.

So all in all good progress from the previous version, lots of pros, a few cons (like why on earth is there still Promotion/relegation from Super Rugby and Pro12, you should`ve scrapped that.)

The is there a Lions tour in this?
For someone who enjoys FM series would I enjoy this. Am slow to buy as unsure of if I'd enjoy and can't try it out.

Also is there multi player

Club Badges

Hey Dave,

Just finished changing all the badges to original badges, but it seems as though some teams are missing in the clubs folder. Teams not in there are Ebbw Vale from Wales, East Coast from Australia, Eastern Province and Welkom from South Africa. In the folder there are 324 badges. Is that correct?

The is there a Lions tour in this?
For someone who enjoys FM series would I enjoy this. Am slow to buy as unsure of if I'd enjoy and can't try it out.

Also is there multi player

I also play a lot of FM and i love this game it is not as polished or in depth as FM yet but getting there fast this is only the second release so think of it as a early FM , if your a rugby fan it is for you , Lions tour is in it also baabaas and no multiplayer

Latest posts