• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Union Team Manager 2017 for PC and Mac

Thanks Dave for you answers. They are much appreciated. The editor sounds very promising, as does the feature allowing the use of auto options, allowing a hands on or a less involved approach. The game sounds very exciting. Looking forward to the new player progression system too.

Super Rugby are not one of the licenses within the game, but there has been further work on this

It is a shame that the licensing isn't possible for Super Rugby. I am sure it would involve some expensive and complicated hoops to jump through. Even though the players names will be different (hopefully still recognisable!), will players appear in both their Super Rugby and local team?

Hi Andrew,

You will be pleased to know that there will be
only 1instance of each player in the game.

When they play for an int/rep team they will not available for their domesticclub.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

So does that mean that a player is allocated to the lowest level?

For example Damien McKenzie would be allocated to Waikato (NZ domestic) then be selected for Chiefs (Super Rugby) and then on to All Blacks (International)?

I understand there isn't those exact competitions but is that sort of how it works?

Hi Andrev,

Many thanks for your post, and for your support for Rugby Union Team Manager.
Super Rugby are not one of the licenses within the game, but there has been further work on this, and you will be very pleased to hear that the new editor, is now much more powerful, giving you plenty of opportuities to customise the game. In short with the new Editor, you will be able to :
<o:p>
- Edit all player attributes
- Edit unlicensed player names
- Edit competition names
- Edit club names
- Edit club venues
- Edit staff names
- Edit staff ratings
- Edit coach specialties
- Edit facility ratings
- Move players to a different club

- Move staff to a different club

You will also be pleased to hear that RUTM17 will not have the options Easy, Normal and Hard, instead you will be able to assign Assistants if you wish to, and in addition there are now also Auto options for various features, which you can chose to operate if you wish, such as:-
Matchday attendance
Match tactics
Match interchanges
Team selection
Physio assignment
Doctor assignment
Training rota selection
Negotiation offers
Daily advances

I do hope this is helpful
Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Hi Dave,

Excellent updates. I'll definitely buy for support and to play.

Did you get the infinite amount of years added so we can play any save as long as we want if possible?

Kind regards,

Wend</o

A player would be with both their Super Rugby and domestic team surely? In South Africa, these teams are the same of course, although the 2015 RUTM game didn't recognise this. Round 1 of the Currie Cup was on the 5th of August, whilst the final of the Super 18 was on the 6th of August. The Lions who were finalists in the Super 18 had a bye in the first round of the Currie Cup to allow for this, as obviously the players couldn't play in different competitions on consecutive days. Effectively there is no overlap in South Africa as a bye in the first week of the Currie Cup will allow for the event that South African teams make the Super 18 final.

When does the Mitre Cup start? Does it overlap with Super Rugby? I am guessing not?

For example Damien McKenzie would be allocated to Waikato (NZ domestic) then be selected for Chiefs (Super Rugby) and then on to All Blacks (International)?

I understand there isn't those exact competitions but is that sort of how it works?

Last edited:
One things that would be nice compared with 2015, would be the option of having defensive zones according to width as well position up or down field. One could then for example have the ability to use the drift defence in the centre of the park (in order to hopefully encourage play towards the touchline, where there is less space, and then use the blitz defence on the flanks). This would of course mean 12 rather than 4 defensive zones

Hi Harry,

There is anunlicensed, composite league in the game, containing clubs from Australia, NewZealand, South Africa, Argentina and Japan.
It is called the Super Championship and it is one of the strongest leagues in the game.
It comprises the following clubs :

North Peninsula – New Zealand
Canberra – Australia
Pretoria – South Africa
Bloemfontein – South Africa
North Island – New Zealand
South Island – New Zealand
Western Australia – Australia
Dunedin – New Zealand
Napier – New Zealand
Johannesburg – South Africa
Victoria – Australia
Queensland – Australia
Durban – South Africa
Cape Town – South Africa
New South Wales – Australia
Eastern Cap – South Africa
Tokyo – Japan
Buenos Aires – Argentina

The players in these teams play exclusively for them, except if selected forRep/Int teams.
You may also find some of these "draft" screens of interest. as taken from the new Editor, to give you some idea of what to expect,.

attachment.php
attachment.php

I hope this is helpful, and many thanks for your support.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd.
<strike>
</strike>​

Attachments

• Screen156.jpg
    Screen156.jpg
    409.3 KB · Views: 184
  • Screen153.jpg
    Screen153.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
That's great thanks Dave. Thanks for all that information.

Hopefully the rugby community can get ripped into the editor and change team names and players to represent the real thing.

This looks amazing Dave - the editor looks fantastic. I like the idea of turning the Super 18 competition into a league of sorts, to make up for licensing issues elswhere. Is there a home and an away fixture against each team in the league, as if so, it would make for an epic "Southern Hemisphere" season? Personally I'm not as bothered as others about the Currie Cup and New Zealand and Australia's equivalents. I'm really excited about this game - my wife is going to hate it!

Last edited:
This looks amazing Dave - the editor looks fantastic. I like the idea of turning the Super 18 competition into a league of sorts, to make up for licensing issues elswhere. Is there a home and an away fixture against each team in the league, as if so, it would make for an epic "Southern Hemisphere" season? Personally I'm not as bothered as others about the Currie Cup and New Zealand and Australia's equivalents. I'm really excited about this game - my wife is going to hate it!

Haha my wife moan about my manager games i played and asked what should she do while i play games ... so i bought her a pc and all the sims on the bloodly planet and now i have peace lol , games is looking awesome also lol

Thanks Dave. The editor looks very good. It will make customizing things much more straightforward.

Probably a Q for future versions, but I would love to see 12 defensive zones to match the 12 attacking zones.

This game looks amazing. Hope you get lots of sales to help the series along. The last game came out before Christmas I think. Would be an amazing present to keep me off the beach this December. ;)

Haha my wife moan about my manager games i played and asked what should she do while i play games ... so i bought her a pc and all the sims on the bloodly planet and now i have peace lol , games is looking awesome also lol

My wife and I both work long hours, but as well as spending time together, everyone needs down time by oneself I think. Luckily, she is getting into her rugby big time now - so maybe I can convince her to play Rugby Manager. I think your Sims plan was genius!

My wife and I both work long hours, but as well as spending time together, everyone needs down time by oneself I think. Luckily, she is getting into her rugby big time now - so maybe I can convince her to play Rugby Manager. I think your Sims plan was genius!

Haha !! ... i should try to get my wife to play rugby manager !!! Last time my wife watched rugby was when i was still playing lol

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Dave. The editor looks very good. It will make customizing things much more straightforward.

Probably a Q for future versions, but I would love to see 12 defensive zones to match the 12 attacking zones.

This game looks amazing. Hope you get lots of sales to help the series along. The last game came out before Christmas I think. Would be an amazing present to keep me off the beach this December. ;)

I really like your idea of the defence zones , should use it for attacking zones too , with this it will be easier for each team to have a different play style

Hello guys and tank you so much for your work !

There are some little things that could be improved in my opinion, but you changed the most already :

- Recruiting system : Too many sales of player, not enough negociations at the end of contracts for free moves. (you changed It, so I'm very curious to see how)
- Improving your stadium little by little, by adding bleachers, snacks... (but it seems that you've done improvements on this point yet)
- The Forwards and the backs have too many differentiating stats ! Strengh for exemple should be common to all players.
Flankers and centers for exemple can have similar skills in real life. In RUTM15 this seems hardly possible.
- The live strategy ingame (apparently this has change)
- More different values for colts (in rutm, they have all the same depending on their calibre - Possibility to scout them by major skills

I'm pleased to see that you already spotted most of those points ! I can't wait to play !

Last edited:
UK Retailers are now taking pre-orders for Rugby Union Team Manager 2017

Just to say that UK retailers are now starting to take pre-orders for Rugby Union Team Manager 2017, we will be updating our website, very soon with links to stockists, but in the meantime here is the first link which is to Amazon's page https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N3LNRUH

attachment.php

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd.

Attachments

• RUTM2017SalesSheet English Low Res.jpg
    RUTM2017SalesSheet English Low Res.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 62
Awesome stuff Dave! A release is in 10 days is great news for all of us. I'm guessing it will be available on Steam as well?

Hello everyone, finally a Rugby Manager! very excited to play. the French version is planned for when? or is it possible to put the uk version in french language games simply?

Awesome stuff Dave! A release is in 10 days is great news for all of us. I'm guessing it will be available on Steam as well?

Hi Harry,

Yes it will also be released on Steam.
English version on the 25th November, the French Version will follow later.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Just for absolute clarification: in RUTM 2017, would a player such as Liam Coltman be included in both the Otago Mitre 10 Cup and 'Dunedin' Super Championship squads like he would in real life?

Latest posts