• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Union Team Manager 2017 for PC and Mac

Hello everyone, finally a Rugby Manager! very excited to play. the French version is planned for when? or is it possible to put the uk version in french language games simply?

Hi TuTu,
The release date for the French language version, is yet to be finalised.
But in the meantime, please see some of the game's features list below.
Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd.

Système inédit de progression des joueurs - Recrutez des jeunes talents et formez-les grâce à l'équipe espoir et à l'académie. Regardez-les éclore au plus haut niveau au sein de l'équipe A et des sélections régionales ainsi qu'internationales tout au long de leur carrière.
Marché des transferts détaillé : Recrutez les joueurs des meilleurs championnats et compé***ions à travers le monde. Faites signer une star de la liste des transferts, ou tentez de dégoter une bonne pioche parmi les joueurs sans contrat.Un choix de plus de 18 000 joueurs et 323 clubs !
Nouveaux profils de manager - Vous pouvez choisir d'être un manager de type « short, sifflet et terrain d'entraînement » ou « costard cravate et salle de négociation ».
Devenez manager de votre équipe préférée et progressez jusqu'à devenir sélectionneur d'équipes nationales pour vous mesurer aux cadors de la scène internationale.
Nouveaux mécanismes de négociation - Utilisez la renommée de votre club pour faire pencher la balance en votre faveur auprès du président et du comité. Impliquez-vous dans le sponsoring de votre club en démarchant les nouvelles petites entreprises aussi bien que les grandes, grâce à la fonctionnalité plus détaillée de gestion des dépenses et recettes.
Nouveau moteur 3D pour les matchs qui vous permet d'adapter vos tactiques et styles de jeu à partir de la ligne de touche alors que le match est en cours.
Stades à l'image de la progression - Dès que votre club dispose des finances disponibles, améliorez peu à peu votre stade en une arène de taille internationale. Améliorez toutes vos installations, y compris : Le gymnase, le terrain d'entraînement, l'enceinte de technique de jeu, le cabinet de kinésithérapie, la salle de briefing tactique et le club house.
Évolution de carrière - Si le président souhaite toutefois changer de manager, évaluez les choix qui s'offrent à vous et tentez de décrocher un nouveau contrat.
Nouvel éditeur de jeu détaillé qui vous permet de personnaliser de nombreuses fonctionnalités du jeu.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Dave,

Excellent updates. I'll definitely buy for support and to play.

Did you get the infinite amount of years added so we can play any save as long as we want if possible?

Kind regards,

Wend

Hi Wend,

You will be please to know, that in effect yes.

A particular game will be over when a manager retires at 65 years old.

So if you input your age as 20 years, you will have 45 seasons to play that particular game. After which you can start again of course.

Plus now if you get sacked, you can take a new job and continue.

I hope this is helpful

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

I really like your idea of the defence zones , should use it for attacking zones too , with this it will be easier for each team to have a different play style

I think it would be amazing if you could award specific instructions to each position for each of 12 zones on the pitch.

For example, you could have sliders to determine things like likelihood to kick vs not kick, likelihood to pass vs likelihood to attempt to make ground with ball in hand, likelihood to set up a driving maul vs not, and likelihood to attempt to offload vs likelihood to go for a slow recycle etc. All of these things could vary according to what type of player is involved and also whereabouts on the pitch the action is taking place. What do you think? Maybe this is more something for the wishlist?

Just for absolute clarification: in RUTM 2017, would a player such as Liam Coltman be included in both the Otago Mitre 10 Cup and 'Dunedin' Super Championship squads like he would in real life?

From what I can tell from Dave's answer, the player will only be in the 'Dunedin' Super Championship squad as he said there is only one instance of a player? Have I got that right Dave? I am not sure what that means for Otago's Mitre squad?

Last edited:
^^^

That's the understanding I got as well with the squads. I guess this would mean that the "Mitre 10 squad" would kind of just be a development team that the "Super 18" teams can pick players from.

I think it would be amazing if you could award specific instructions to each position for each of 12 zones on the pitch.

For example, you could have sliders to determine things like likelihood to kick vs not kick, likelihood to pass vs likelihood to attempt to make ground with ball in hand, likelihood to set up a driving maul vs not, and likelihood to attempt to offload vs likelihood to go for a slow recycle etc. All of these things could vary according to what type of player is involved and also whereabouts on the pitch the action is taking place. What do you think? Maybe this is more something for the wishlist?

From what I can tell from Dave's answer, the player will only be in the 'Dunedin' Super Championship squad as he said there is only one instance of a player? Have I got that right Dave? I am not sure what that means for Otago's Mitre squad?

Hi Andrev,

Yes that is right.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

- - - Updated - - -

Here a few more screens (low res) from Rugby Union Team Manager 2017.
Please do not forget to place your pre-orders, so as to avoid any disappointment on the UK release day next Friday the 25th.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• RUTM2017MatchScreenToulon.jpg
    RUTM2017MatchScreenToulon.jpg
    700.2 KB · Views: 103
  • RUTM2017HomeClermont.jpg
    RUTM2017HomeClermont.jpg
    663.7 KB · Views: 106
  • RUTM2017MatchEngineScreenToulon.jpg
    RUTM2017MatchEngineScreenToulon.jpg
    962.5 KB · Views: 109
  • Player improvement a.jpg
    Player improvement a.jpg
    586.3 KB · Views: 110
  • Player improvement a1.jpg
    Player improvement a1.jpg
    570.3 KB · Views: 112
Hi Dave,

If one buy the English version on release day, can he later switch the game to any other languages when they will be made available ?

You mentioned pre-order, but I can't find where ? It does not seem to be on pre-order on Steam neither.

Thanks for clarifying.

Pac

Hi Dave,

If one buy the English version on release day, can he later switch the game to any other languages when they will be made available ?

You mentioned pre-order, but I can't find where ? It does not seem to be on pre-order on Steam neither.

Thanks for clarifying.

Pac
Hi Pac,

In answer to your first question yes you will, but we do not have a firm date yet for the French language version just yet.

In answer to your second question. The public Steam page for RUTM17 will be up early next week. Plus we are now updating our website with retailer links : - www.alternativesoftware.com
I have put a few of the retailer links below.
Plus please visit the game's Facebook page as well:- www.facebook.com/RugbyTeamManager
I hope this is helpful.
Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N3LNRUH
https://goo.gl/OZ40R9
https://goo.gl/0WSpve

We have now put up a features video for Rugby Union Team Manager 2017, on You Tube, we would really appreciate it if you could please view, and possibly give it a like.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z8KccF501Y&feature=youtu.be

Many thanks for all your support for RUTM, it is truly appreciated by all the development team.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alterternative Software Ltd

Last edited:
thanks Dave !

I was looking at the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z8KccF501Y and it seems that the stadium capacities are incorrect and relatively low for all the teams shown there ( Saracens, Toulon, Béziers, Munster ).
I am wondering if it is intended to balance the game in some way, something just overlooked, or simply the video is not showing the final version of the game.

Last edited:
Hello guys and tank you so much for your work !

- The Forwards and the backs have too many differentiating stats ! Strengh for exemple should be common to all players.
Flankers and centers for exemple can have similar skills in real life. In RUTM15 this seems hardly possible.

Yes I was also thinking this. I get that many backs won't have good scrummaging & lineout skills, but some of the backs' forwards attributes, like strength, muscle mass, aggression, power, tackle ferocity etc could be a lot higher, and ditto, some of the forwards surely have some pace, acceleration, tackle technique, stamina etc?

If all of these attributes were to double, would it affect the match engine? As in, if I double all of the backs' forwards attributes and all of the forwards; backs attributes, will it mess everything up in terms of the engine?

By the way, the trailer looks awesome. This game looks great.

Last edited:
thanks Dave !

I was looking at the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z8KccF501Y and it seems that the stadium capacities are incorrect and relatively low for all the teams shown there ( Saracens, Toulon, Béziers, Munster ).
I am wondering if it is intended to balance the game in some way, something just overlooked, or simply the video is not showing the final version of the game.

Hi Pac,

A feature of RUTM2017 is that you can, amongst many other things, increase the rating of your stadium.
This in turn increases the capacity of your stadium. Ratings begin fairly low to allow scope for these improvements.
The capacity figures viewed in the video, are the set from the starting rating,hence why can be relatively low.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Last edited:
Hi Dave,

Thank you for notifying me about the life of the game. Excellent news that's a good step. I'll play the heck out of this game :D.

**Hopes next year for full infinite life of a gamesave - It's a bit like Football Manager when you can take a poor nation and really develop them over time. In a rugby game I would crave for something like that hence the infinite lifespan option is so appealing**

Yes I was also thinking this. I get that many backs won't have good scrummaging & lineout skills, but some of the backs' forwards attributes, like strength, muscle mass, aggression, power, tackle ferocity etc could be a lot higher, and ditto, some of the forwards surely have some pace, acceleration, tackle technique, stamina etc?

If all of these attributes were to double, would it affect the match engine? As in, if I double all of the backs' forwards attributes and all of the forwards; backs attributes, will it mess everything up in terms of the engine?

By the way, the trailer looks awesome. This game looks great.
Hi Andrev,

Thank you, we are really pleased that you like the game's first video trailer.

In answer to your question The editor can be used to change any player's attributes. The match engine can handle any possible changes.

I hope this is helpful.
Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

Last edited:
Fyi, the game is now on Steam but there is no option to pre-order.

Last edited:
Rugby Union Team Manager 2017 is now on Steam

Hi,
Rugby Union Team Manager 2017, ( English language version) is now listed on Steam, where you can register your interest, prior to the game being available on November the 25th.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/528640

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

Hi Andrev,

Thank you, we are really pleased that you like the game's first video trailer.

In answer to your question The editor can be used to change any player's attributes. The match engine can handle any possible changes.

I hope this is helpful.
Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

Hi Dave, I might be wrong, but I think you may have misunderstood my question. I just wondered whether the skill and physical attributes between backs and forwards are going to be as radically different (based on what is seen in the trailer), given that in real life, there are plenty of big, strong, backs and plenty of mobile, skillful forwards in the modern game. Secondly, if this gap were to be narrowed in the game, what effect would this have on matches? Would it unbalance them in any way if backs had a bit more strength etc, whilst forwards (e.g. loose forwards) had better tackle technique, speed, stamina etc. Sadly I don't think I would have the time to improve the back attributes for every forward and the forward attributes for every back!

Anyway, this aside, the game looks like it will have me gripped for many hours over Christmas!

I haven't played the previous game but I'm looking forward to this years rendition. I'd like to know is it possible to play someone in a position that is not listed on their player profile? E.G. Vunipola or Faletau as a blindside?
Again didn't play the previous game so dont know if this was plausible in Rutm 2015.

I haven't played the previous game but I'm looking forward to this years rendition. I'd like to know is it possible to play someone in a position that is not listed on their player profile? E.G. Vunipola or Faletau as a blindside?
Again didn't play the previous game so dont know if this was plausible in Rutm 2015.

Check out 0:29 in the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z8KccF501Y

Look at the bottom right hand side of the screen - you'll notice that players have a primary position, a secondary position, and also a list of positions that they can be trained towards.

Latest posts