• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

Bit early to say if it's 'as bad'. One thing I can point out, that my female housemate even picked up on was: ' Why when break away and are running towards the line, do all of your players and the opposition follow you like a herd of cattle?' Which I thought sumed it up. It looks very stupid on try replays. I also have to say the running lines are poor, as you make a line break and put the foot down, your team mates are very far behind you, so the supporting lines don't seem to follow in a realistic way.
The player likenesses are also not very accurate, some are, but many arent.
The stadiums look great I think, and there are plenty of them!
Also, someone asked about anthems, none yet, although I havn't played an actual world cup yet, just test matches and a warm up tour.
Ireland are the highest ranked European Team on 87, think then France 86, and England 85. New Zealand are 91. Although I can confirm those when I'm home tonight and will have my first chance to actually play for a few hours straight.

HB_AJ, Are we going to be able to download extra tournaments from the Network or at least a create your own lounge tourney so that a group of 2-8 mates can play singles or doubles. Want to know coz in Rugby 08 I had to play a friendly for each match and do a table or log score on a piece of paper or pc by allocating and adding points?

Does anybody know the answer to this?

Does anybody know if Rugby Challenge will have this feature, If yes I am sold!

Last edited:
There will be a full Questions Thread going up next week for 24 hours, then the answers will be posted up later on in the week!

So if you have a question firstly check the FAQ, Secondly wait for next week when AJ will be doing another Q&A

Can I ask how a game that has nothing to do with Ea sports looks exactly like it? Very lazy considering there is only International sides to deal with and rugby challenge has all the clubs sides to deal with as well as international teams and from what I see the gameplay there looks far better. Million miles between the two games.

Can I ask how a game that has nothing to do with Ea sports looks exactly like it? Very lazy considering there is only International sides to deal with and rugby challenge has all the clubs sides to deal with as well as international teams and from what I see the gameplay there looks far better. Million miles between the two games.

How can gameplay look better, surely you need to play the game to judge the gameplay? People can make videos of gameplay look good, but they don't always play well. We have had this argument time and time again on this forum, so thank you for your view, but RWC 2011 is its own game, it does look similar to EA Sports ***les but you would expect a game company who developed the game to build on their success, not re-invent the wheel...

Not sure where to post so i thought here and one more thread (don't mean to Troll :p)

But it Looks like some of the Welsh boys have the game . Shane Williams just Tweeted that he whipped Jamie Roberts' ass on RWC11 on Xbox. Uch a fi, he's playing it on a 360 :p

https://twitter.com/#!/ShaneWilliams11

downloaded the demo yesterday arvo from the playstation store. My overall impression of the demo is fairly underwhelming.
Firstly the pros, i love the fact that it plays still like Rugby08, in terms of controls and gameplay. The downfall IMO is the aesthetics of the game, the player likeness and overall graphics are not what i expected and really didnt impress, furthermore i usually deploy the end to end camera angle and the fact i couldnt do so in the demo really inhibit my ability to fully try out the game (i didnt bother trying to kick as i couldnt see where im aiming.
The defensive side of the game is good fun, like i said similar to 08 IMO and i still used my old cheeky underhand tactics here and there. I liked how the step is a fractionally bit faster than the old one system but still is a bit of a gamble and not a cop-out.
I know i mentioned my underwhelming response to it but that is considering i was a expecting a tarted up 2008, but sadly no. Its a solid effort and heres to hoping this franchise is an annual one and all these initial bugs get ironed out.

ALSO big up for the improved ball physics.

EB Games released this in Aus today and using Australia and NZ who the freaking hell are these generic players? also the code on the website for the game says invalid. Me thinks I will be trading this as soon as the shops open tomorrow. RUBBISH

EB Games released this in Aus today and using Australia and NZ who the freaking hell are these generic players? also the code on the website for the game says invalid. Me thinks I will be trading this as soon as the shops open tomorrow. RUBBISH

The game is surprisingly fun playing with mates. Why don't wait until more people get this game and jam with the online portion of the game, bet you it will be better than no game since RC is not out yet!

Edit: btw just to clarify, my impressions of RWC2011 changed when the demo came out and I started playing with mates, it is very fun to play this way. And don't worry I'm still in love with RC :)

Last edited:
im also experiencing the problem with the activation code not working? picked up a copy from EB games this arvo and am pretty underwhelmed so far. rugby 08 was so good its hard to think how it could have gone backwards in 3 years!

mate id love to play online my mate got it today too however the online cod on the official RWC site is apparently invalid, so im a tad annoyed with that. agree it is fun to play but the lack of official player names for aus and nz is a bit crappy.

anyone out there got a working online code for this game?

im also experiencing the problem with the activation code not working? picked up a copy from EB games this arvo and am pretty underwhelmed so far. rugby 08 was so good its hard to think how it could have gone backwards in 3 years!

The games not supposed to be released until the 26th, so I think that might partially explain why the code isn't working.

The licenses may have gone backwards since '08, but that's because another developer was going for them too. This is a world cup game, not a multi-comp game.The game-play itself has progressed in several ways.

HI there

I really cant wait for this ***le to be released this side , can any1 tell me whats the South Africa player ratings ?!
The unlicensed (Aus n NZ teams) can you edit there names at least n how is game play with them ? there is a HUGE excitement for this ***le in South Africa , i just hope we are not all disappionted ..

Thanks Guy
The rugby Forum is AWESOME
Regards
Quinton South Africa ;-D

HI there

I really cant wait for this ***le to be released this side , can any1 tell me whats the South Africa player ratings ?!
The unlicensed (Aus n NZ teams) can you edit there names at least n how is game play with them ? there is a HUGE excitement for this ***le in South Africa , i just hope we are not all disappionted ..

Thanks Guy
The rugby Forum is AWESOME
Regards
Quinton South Africa ;-D

Yea you can EDit names. I just got it it bloody insane doing the RWC 11 mode Playing japan On hard as fiji 20 all at half time.

On breaks are you still a lone ranger, in the finished game do you get any support. That left bad vibes from the demo? Cheers anyone.

Try it in lower caps, worked for me

Latest posts