• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

Oh well, that's fair enough, your totally entitled to that opinion. Took you out of the South African comp starting this upcoming week as you won't have your copy anymore. :)

No still have my copy. Both shops I went to didn't accept the game because they already had a lot of guys bring back their rugby copies. But it's okay man, i played online a couple of times and my experience sucked because of the lag. I have a fast internet connection but don't know why it still happened..

Thanks for respecting my opinion :)

I really wanted this game, ignoring all the bad comments on it. Got the demo, played it a lot and really hoped for more in the full game. After 2 weeks of play now, I've made up my mind. This game is not a 6/10, it's a 2/10. My opinion my differ from some people's but jeez it feels so unfinished the game. Literally all I wanted for this game is harder difficulties . But they didn't make the game harder, they made it unrealistic.From having good possession,to turnover ball and the flyhalf kicking the ball 5m from your line out, winning the line out and the breaking 10 tackles and scoring. Or flippen hookers and props running around our fullback and scoring under the post. I won the WC on Hard with Namibia, so I am quite good. But jeex this game is something I'm gonna sell today, and will buy Rugby Challenge. I don't care how bad it is, I just want to have fun. If that is crap I will go back to Rugby 2008. B.T.W Rugby 2008 is much, much better than RWC in any aspect. Respect my opinion.

Don't like being a grumpy moan guy but this game really made me sick..

Hope you guys can fix it at HB, and win back our support.

Fair enough comments. I played my 2006 version of game and, apart from the rucks being slower than in 2011, I enjoyed playing it. With the new version there is no point of playing the narrow game around scrums or rucks because the forwards don't make enough yardage and there is allways the soddin' fumble/knock on every third break or so. So why bother?....Just secure ball...set up kicker in pocket (not necessarily in own 22 mtre zone)...kick for territory (don't be greedy on the yardage, make sure it sails over the hoardings cos some teams murder you with a quick put in and counter attack). Keeping the new version for posterity.

Yea, just yesterday I realize to try my other 3rd party ps3 controller that is set up lika xbox controller, it puts the direction pad on the right side of the left analog stick, allows me to change the rucking tactics on the fly a little easier because I don't have to reach over my left hand to get to direction pad on a (standard ps3 controller). It would just be better on a different button, or button combo, maybe L3 analog, because on the direction pad you sometimes even change your defense tactic on accident trying to change the rucking tact. Seems like it could be an easy patch fix, just assign the rucking to some other button combo you can use while running with the Lanalog stick. Would greatly improve the strategy of the ruck on the fly, and not just button mash to increase intensity, It could be my imagination but if you pick the correct rucking tactic for the right circumstance it really seems like it helps to either retain the ball, or improve turnovers. Actually that is was makes RC rucking so great you can do this on the fly. RWC is different style, but could definately be improved with this addition because the system can be used like it is supposed to be used.
Are there any third party controllers that you can change around the button assignment?
Cheers and Salud

Unfortunately I only have the regulation Xbox 360 controller, whitch means trying to change rucking tactics as best I can whilst playing game, (in reality it stays at 'balanced' because it's just about impossible to change whilst the game is in progress. Are you certain that changing the rucking style makes any difference to either turning over or retaining possession.

Unfortunately I only have the regulation Xbox 360 controller, whitch means trying to change rucking tactics as best I can whilst playing game, (in reality it stays at 'balanced' because it's just about impossible to change whilst the game is in progress. Are you certain that changing the rucking style makes any difference to either turning over or retaining possession.

And xbox controller is not even that bad, I have for the ps3 and the original ps3 controller is even worse were the d-pad is to the left of the left analog.
I am about 90% sure, I purposely just tested the rucking tactics out and this is what I found. If you pick the right rucking tactic for the correct rucking situation, HB can correct me, but it seems like your aggression meter goes much quicker up, so much so that if you are not carefull you will infringe:) but yes typically if you go out wide and isolate yourself you want to (first to player to ruck), if you ram it up the middle then (fowards rucking is better) unless of course you happen to break a few tackles and get two ahead of your fowards, then you would want to use balance, and thats where a different button combo for rucking tactics would be handy for on the fly changes if you feel you need to change the tactic on the fly, I have gotten a little used to the 3rd party controller in which the d-pad is closer to my right hand and I can change the tactic with my right hand while still controlling the left analog, but it would be better if it was assigned to either left L3 analog press down or shoulder button combo even better.
Cheers and Salud

Last edited:
And xbox controller is not even that bad, I have for the ps3 and the original ps3 controller is even worse were the d-pad is to the left of the left analog.
I am about 90% sure, I purposely just tested the rucking tactics out and this is what I found. If you pick the right rucking tactic for the correct rucking situation, HB can correct me, but it seems like your aggression meter goes much quicker up, so much so that if you are not carefull you will infringe:) but yes typically if you go out wide and isolate yourself you want to (first to player to ruck), if you ram it up the middle then (fowards rucking is better) unless of course you happen to break a few tackles and get two ahead of your fowards, then you would want to use balance, and thats where a different button combo for rucking tactics would be handy for on the fly changes if you feel you need to change the tactic on the fly, I have gotten a little used to the 3rd party controller in which the d-pad is closer to my right hand and I can change the tactic with my right hand while still controlling the left analog, but it would be better if it was assigned to either left L3 analog press down or shoulder button combo even better.
Cheers and Salud

I have got to see if I can choose rucking tactics as I play especially if, as you believe, the different systems allow for better ball retention/turnover. I will have a go during my next few matches. Did you mention that there are rucking sustems in RC? And that it can be more easily changed on the fly? Anyway, the real RWC 2011 has just started. Enjoy.

game should of had more then 20 teams, they could of made it the road to the rugby world cup, would of been fun playing with a minnow nation like brazil or honkong and trying to qualify.

The ceo of hb studios has been tweeting about the game and the world cup with a few digs at the kiwis. @hb_jer

The tactical interface needs to come up quicker to be more usful. It seems if i want to change my rucking or defence tattics quickely you just can't do it. you have to wait a few seconds after you press the button to see what your on and then press again to change it.

That would help a lot if its more responsive.

The 13 venues for the 2011 Rugby World Cup were confirmed on 12 March 2009. A number of the venues were redeveloped to increase capacity for the event. The Government considered passing a law bypassing the consent process to allow all the stadiums' redevelopment to be completed in time.

“Pro football is like nuclear warfare. There are no winners, only survivors.â€

Why oh why HB did you not have some cool unlockables in this game?

Chief among them would've been the awesome RWC 2011 Team. A sort of a "Team Of The Tournament" feature, where you could pick players from different teams and have them play in one-off tests. That would definitely have been cool.

Mind you custom tournaments would've been terrific too.

I's there a crack for pc available for this rugby worldcup game??If there is ....how do i get it?!

then the game suck!!then i'll enjoy the jonah lomu rugby challenge ...but none of the teams are correct!!

Good luck with that, RC had nice visuals but was a shite game. RWC was polar opposite (shite looking, played well).

Apart from 'in the pocket' and 'cross kick' do any of the special moves work? And is there a way of practicing them? (RWC 2011).

Latest posts