• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

Just an interesting point. Is this licence for RWC exclusive? Just after a small hint from Mario(from Sidhe) that the licence is not exclusive, he has admitted to understanding if the licence is exclusive. Could it be pointless buying this game if Sidhe also has licensing for RWC 2011 considering they have exclusive NZRU and Australia licensing maybe even full SANZAR considering they have the Super Rugby competition. Some clarification would be nice to clear up this grey zone.

What Mario or anyone else claims to "know" about the licences which HB have/have not secured other then the World Cup are only speculative at this moment. Nobody outside of HB and 505 actually knows anything yet (including the TRF staff). We are working closely with HB & 505 to develop a schedule of releasing information regarding licences, features and other key matters which we know that everybody is keen to know all about already.

The best way to find out the latest news on the upcoming game is to stick with TRF where all information will be Officially and Exclusively announced in the run up to the games release. Anything you read elsewhere is either 2nd hand information or purely made up.

I'm wondering if this game will use the Euphoria engine?.

I'd have expected NaturalMotion to have mentioned it by now if so.

Aye, NaturalMotion made Euphoria not 505, in the same way that HB made Rugby 08, not EA

After looking at the rugby challenge website and doing some researching I think it is fair to say it will take on the same look and feel as the rugby league games, very arcade like. Personally I think that RWC 2011 game will be way more realistic and sophisticated and that's what I want. If all 20 teams for the WC are under full licence for a play now mode and for the actual world cup then I'm sold.

But like everyone else I'll buy both of them

After looking at the rugby challenge website and doing some researching I think it is fair to say it will take on the same look and feel as the rugby league games, very arcade like. Personally I think that RWC 2011 game will be way more realistic and sophisticated and that's what I want. If all 20 teams for the WC are under full licence for a play now mode and for the actual world cup then I'm sold.

But like everyone else I'll buy both of them

Except for the fact that Sidhe have stated it's going to be a simulation rather than an arcade game like their previous ***les...

I don't see why you need a schedule for telling us stuff. HB and TRF should just tell us enough to us of there asses. We are obviously excited and curious as to the licensing so tell us as much as we need to know and HB may have a little breathing space and us the TRF community something to debate and discuss!

Better to release it bit by bit in the run up to the release then everything now and have people either:
a) Forget about the game
b) Moan about there being no information releases ;)

I don't see why you need a schedule for telling us stuff. HB and TRF should just tell us enough to us of there asses. We are obviously excited and curious as to the licensing so tell us as much as we need to know and HB may have a little breathing space and us the TRF community something to debate and discuss!

I agree. They wanted to use the forum to communicate with fans but more often then not are just keeping information quiet.

<object width="853" height="510"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/273eSvOwpKk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/273eSvOwpKk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="510"></embed></object>

^^^^^^^
Cracking tune.... Garry Barlow = Genius. If the games are half as good as his songwriting, then we're in for a treat :D :D

Loving the the friendship between the HB and SIDHE its good to see that theres no animosity between the companies (at least not on here haha). As someone pointed out, the fact that there is two games coming out in time for the RWC can only mean a positive thing (in terms of the future of rugby gaming). Can't wait to see what we have in store :D

I agree. They wanted to use the forum to communicate with fans but more often then not are just keeping information quiet.

It's more to it then just keeping quite for the sake of silence. Obtaining licences etc. is a long winded process (especially when you consider the old farts in the upper echilons of rugby who don't even realise the potential for this form of media publicity). Being as that is the issue most seem to be barking on about in this thread, this is the issue we will be discussing with HB and 505 to hopefully release something soon. As things stands there is an embargo until i's are dotted and t's are crossed.

It's a shame that nobody else can actually hear the enthusiasm which came across on the conversation TRF had with HB and 505 on Monday. This is a ***le they thoroughly believe in and want to be both enjoyable and challenging. Even captain pessimism over here believes them.

online 100% confirmed was essential - if it happens .......

.....it is vital (VITAL I say) that online play is tested to within an inch of its life to remove any buggyness/lag/connectivity issues to ensure the game does have a future long after the RWC comes to a close

FACT
well said.
All well and good having online play, but if its lag ridden and unplayable which can easily happen it may as well not have an online mode

Question for the TRF_Guys: Are you going to update this sub-forum? ;)

---

Any complaints about missing licenses should be directed to NZRU & ARU. :p

Guys just clearing up something. Since there are two rugby games coming out this year a lot of you are freaking out about licenses. By the looks of things this game is only gonna have the 20 teams of the world cup whereas rugby challenge (the other game) will have a lot more tournaments like super rugby, tri nations etc.... Both games have genuine player names and attributes though. For example tournament licensing falls into a different category than standard team by team licensing like Ricky Ponting International Cricket 07. No teams had right names and only looked roughly like their real selves but it had the icc cup license so when you played that mode all teams involved had correct names, kit and looks. Hope that helps. Sorry if it doesnt make as much sense as it should im typing this from my phone.

If it takes one man to dig a hole in a day ... how long does it take two men to dig a hole and a half?

Well assuming they are sharing the workload and worker B isn't just digging half a hole while worker A digs a whole hole, I would say 3/4 of a day assuming they work at an equal intensity. However, many variables should be taken into account: Type of spade used, weather condition, hardness of the ground, effectiveness of the workers as well as whether they had their Weetabix that morning.

Of course this is not a mathematical problem though - it is impossible to dig half a hole, unless there is a fixed dimension of the hole. Anyone who has seen the film 'Holes' will know that their holes had to be a spade deep and a spade in diameter. Assuming this is what the Cymro implied then the answer would indeed be 3/4 as we have a fixed volume. Although as this is not stated in the question I would have to conclude that it is impossible to ascertain an answer.

Essentially, if we take this problem and relate it to the parallel of what Cymro is attempting to draw, he believes that more information will be released on 16/4/11 at 14:32.

Latest posts