• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

It should I know they translate into French and even Spanish I think so I would say it will be in Italian too.

This sux...capitalising on the world cup to make a profit, i expect this to be on par with 08' with new team names and online play, and NO Super rugby teams (as it is licensed by he who shall not be named) and no club sides either, and no signs of customization anywhere...my worst fears have been realised.

No rugby game has been on PS3/360....so this game has been started from scratch.

Whenever you start from scratch you have to decide what are the main priorities to work on....and build from there.

I doubt having 120 teams would have been the number one focus when developing a brand new rugby game from scratch.

Gotta agree with the priorities bit. Id rather have solid gameplay that will be a great foundation for future games. Then they can add more teams. I still play Rugby 2001,i personally think that despite it being very basic, the core fundementals are better than 04. Should be very interesting to see how the game plays, stoked =D

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

I disagree. Constructive criticism or feedback is good for the game. You can't expect to attach to a forum and everyone be blowing kisses all night. I can understand both sides. Rugby is a game people are really passionate about and I mean really passionate (not just getting paid to make a game passionate!). The comments on here whether they be wrapped up nicely is a massive benefit to HB. In some respects its the first round of QA!.

Overall I think its fantastic and to a point revolutionary that HB have had this forum. The fact that hardcore fans can feed into the game making process is amazing. Its something which will probably happen more often in the future. I very much appreciate it. However, you can't expect people to sugar coat things all the time.

I've made my comments about the whole 20 teams thing. I really want this to be a game that I can purchase and use as much as I've used 08 (which co-incedently is loading up now!). Lets be honest here, rugby is not the biggest selling game. If they're going to get it right then its going to take a lot of work. Going on whats been released so far its not really amazing. As it stands, I'll rent before I buy. IF clubs are involved I'll pre-order straight away.

You've misunderstood what I said. I said it's NOT CONSTRUCTIVE for people to MOAN about things that aren't going to be in the game INSTEAD of making it CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. Also you are making my point about people saying " I'm not buying unless there's clubs involved." A. It's neither something us people who are happy with what we are getting from HB want to see 20 million times, nor constructive. B. You shouldn't be moaning about the fact that we're getting a rugby game that isn't up to everyone's high standards. If you really wanted a rugby game you would settle for what you've got or getting rather. I you want to have a world-class rugby game next time out I would buy this one which would increase profits for HB meaning they have more money to put into the next game. If you don't back this game there may NOT BE another game.
Now I'm not saying that you all have to go and buy the game, it's up to you, neither am I saying don't voice your opinion on this forum. All I'm saying is just look at what all the other people who've put criticism which is not constructive in anyway and think before you type!

Last edited:
Hope we see a lot more realistic player movement/animations in this game. Eg.(What was poor in 08') Zig-zag running, no sense of weight when changing direction or accelerating; no sense of the transferance of energy when you make contact with opposition. Fifa 11 got that stuff right; hope HB can look at those aspects. We need more realism; 08' seemed more of a mix Simulation/Arcade game...would love to play an accurate simulation of Rugby Union. Fifa 11 in Rugby form...i know HB don't have the same resources; but FIFA set a good bench mark in how to make solid/Realistic Simulations of Sport.

Hope we see a lot more realistic player movement/animations in this game. Eg.(What was poor in 08') Zig-zag running, no sense of weight when changing direction or accelerating; no sense of the transferance of energy when you make contact with opposition. Fifa 11 got that stuff right; hope HB can look at those aspects. We need more realism; 08' seemed more of a mix Simulation/Arcade game...would love to play an accurate simulation of Rugby Union. Fifa 11 in Rugby form...i know HB don't have the same resources; but FIFA set a good bench mark in how to make solid/Realistic Simulations of Sport.

I actually liked the gameplay in '08, but it did feel arcadey. The running was pretty retarded wen zig zagging, maybe when u change directions quickly like a zig zag, kinda do a step type motion. The system in for madden is a pretty good on for tackles, not perfect but it is pretty good

The rugby world cup 2011 game, includes the major leagues with their respective teams? Sorry for my bad english, i am from Argentina

At this stage, being called World Cup 2011, it seems it will only include the 20 competing World Cup Countries and that is all.

tbh it would be better if you could play as league teams too rather than just international teams.

608 posts about 20 teams, it is obviously a pressing issue. i've remained quiet for a while because i could see no point commenting on it, it makes no difference what almost everyone is saying. obviously more teams would be nice, i don't think people around hb were debating that less=better. I also don't think anyone has seen the game. To the people with your pathetic little boycott posts your influence/ignorance is pretty much just adding frustration. Whatever happens with the number of teams is going to happen with or without your input, i think everyone should focus on the other threads and provide their opinion for what they want to experience in the game play which is the premise of the game and not the amount of teams, it's a rugby game remember not a rugby teams game.

thanks to hb for the update :)

608 posts about 20 teams, it is obviously a pressing issue. i've remained quiet for a while because i could see no point commenting on it, it makes no difference what almost everyone is saying. obviously more teams would be nice, i don't think people around hb were debating that less=better. I also don't think anyone has seen the game. To the people with your pathetic little boycott posts your influence/ignorance is pretty much just adding frustration. Whatever happens with the number of teams is going to happen with or without your input, i think everyone should focus on the other threads and provide their opinion for what they want to experience in the game play which is the premise of the game and not the amount of teams, it's a rugby game remember not a rugby teams game.

thanks to hb for the update :)

When will people understand there is yet still time for more info to be released. This could include new teams. As a Monty Python sketch once said:

Last edited by a moderator:
who really cares about the number of teams. all we should be caring about is that there is finally going to be a rugby game on 360 and ps3 !

Ah FIFA that famous contact sports simulator...

Not the brightest comment in the world...obviously a totally different sport, but some of the aspects of Fifa can be useful for the rugby game...eg. 360 Degree control. The contact situation in 08' was crap, no realism; i was talking about realistic aspects of weight and in Fifa you get that when you run into someone at full speed...they fall over, in 08' we didn't get a sense of realism in contact...too arcade like. I hate arcade like games; accurate simulation of real life is what is appealing when playing sport games on xbox 360 and Ps3.

Rugby will always be the best test of a professional sportsman; but the Fifa okes are ahead in the gaming world; need to close the gap.

Sorry I'm new but does this mean hb studios gotntheirnfull licence so they can put the newzealand team in?

This is undetermined at this point.

Sorry I'm new but does this mean hb studios gotntheirnfull licence so they can put the newzealand team in?

With it being the Official RWC game I would imagine they would have licensing to all 20 teams involved in the tournament. It would be a shame though if this was not the case as it's just not the same without real players names and so forth. It's like the early generation of PES.

Latest posts