• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2015 Game Announced

Except RC2 was a pile of manure too. Irrelevant having a game full of licenses if the game itself looks like it was made by a bunch of pre-pubescent apes on crack.

Which all recent rugby "games" have been.

Wow... That was rough. RC2 was pretty good I thought and Rugby 08 was good for its time too.

What were you expecting though? Madden quality? If you have $30 million to fund a rugby ***le then sure, that's the level you'd expect, but rugby games don't make enough money to justify that sort of investment

Wow... That was rough. RC2 was pretty good I thought and Rugby 08 was good for its time too.

What were you expecting though? Madden quality? If you have $30 million to fund a rugby ***le then sure, that's the level you'd expect, but rugby games don't make enough money to justify that sort of investment

Im not expecting EA Sports type quality at all. Just something that feels like they've at least tried. Rugby 08 was an exception as that played decently, the last few games just feel like they got to a point where they just said "ah I can't be arsed to fix this AI, just get it on sale, we'll worry about it later"

Good news!!! :D

RC3 would be for PS3, PS4 or both?

You would assume to capture the market effectively, both.

Except RC2 was a pile of manure too. Irrelevant having a game full of licenses if the game itself looks like it was made by a bunch of pre-pubescent apes on crack.

Which all recent rugby "games" have been.

No no no. The RC series was on the right track. It was much better than the RWC game and given HB Studios recent efforts (which were worse than the RWC game) it's really the only series that has hope going for it. I'm not saying it's a Fifa-esque game (it probably never will be) but it had promise and the foundations have been laid for a pretty awesome 3rd game.

What was different between RC1 and RC2??

RC1 was a step in the right direction, especially since it was a first attempt for the company to make a Rugby Union game. But RC 2 was a step in the wrong direction.

But I think that is also a way to learn from your mistakes and get better with producing a better product. Not all fifa games were great.

RC3 will have my support even if they had only the Springboks licensed or the Super Rugby teams, but to have both, on the same game will be the first time since Rugby 08!!!

What was different between RC1 and RC2??

RC1 was a step in the right direction, especially since it was a first attempt for the company to make a Rugby Union game. But RC 2 was a step in the wrong direction.

But I think that is also a way to learn from your mistakes and get better with producing a better product. Not all fifa games were great.

RC3 will have my support even if they had only the Springboks licensed or the Super Rugby teams, but to have both, on the same game will be the first time since Rugby 08!!!

RC2 imo was a lot better. It was a much cleaner game and overall played better. You appreciated the game a lot more the more you played it. Being able to hold onto the ball into the ruck for example was a really key addition. The tackle animations were improved (and more of them) and overall it was less buggy. There's a lot more that added to the game which made the experience more complete than the offload fest that was RC1.

RC2 under appreciated

Disagree completely - definitely my favourite Union game to have been made (including 08 and JL).
Still play RC2 on xbox360. Gameplay is very enjoyable & once you removed the restriction, the licensing was good too. With Line out options, hold & steal ball in ruck, quick line outs, & removing/adding players from ruck added many playing improvements from RC1. Wish the online play worked better for line outs & kicking.Really hoping for an RC3 as long as it has the sidhe game engine.

how would there be a roster update for RWC 2015 if the game hasnt been officially announced?

......just saying....

Yeah, when "fans now wave flags" is listed among a short list of improvements you know the game hasn't come far

my south african brethren will understand this...

die game klink na 'n klomp k@k as jy my vra!!!

i mean really, c'mon after we had Rugby 15 we get this? no need to get excited over this!

Game info on Rugby World Cup 2015 TBH doesn't sound too convincing
http://raru.co.za/video-games/2828272-rugby-world-cup-2015-ps4
Well it might not look that interesting but looking at it, it does still look better than rugby 15.

The problem with rugby 15 which made it such a bad game is because they missed out basic's game features and the player/graphics are glitchy. They claimed to have improved all that. They might have said that adding flags to fans is a small bit off detail, but Rugby 15 didn't even have fans, they had pixelated people around the stadium. Rugby 15 was a fail and made me lose my trust to HB Studios to make a good game. But at the end off they day, They said rugby 15 is only basic structure to a newer rugby game which will have better graphics. So since they said they made improvements i kinda trust to atleast make a rugby game which is playable for hours and with friends.

If they could atleast remake Rugby world cup 2011 with better graphics and with other improvements then that will do me.

not too excited to be honest until we get some images/gameplay footage...

i am trying to be optimistic, but as most guys here said, Rugby 15 was a let down and being human and experiences we have received, kinda hard to get excited about this... lets see what they bring...

if only they can "remake" Rugby 08 with added input from the RC range, hell it would be decent enough to enjoy for a while...

just my 2 cents worth....

Yeah, when "fans now wave flags" is listed among a short list of improvements you know the game hasn't come far

Haha, yeah and this....

"Actual Rugby World cup Rules"
...As opposed to what?

"The game's World Cup mode allows the player to jump in at any key moment of the RWC Teams' cinematic introduction before a game starts"

Well thank god for that

"Teams' hymns before and during games"

Again, its clear they are focusing on recreating the world cup for those 'fans' who only watch rugby during world cups, rather than changing the gameplay in any significant way.

Also, I do get that there is a much mroe limited budget for this compared to madden and FIFA...but bear in mind the games have barely progressed since Rugby 06 beyond updated graphics and I think we can all agree that it's not great..

Last edited:

Latest posts