• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2015 Game Announced

Man oh Man i could drone on about this topic all day! AND I WILL!!

I am still playing RC2 because as an avid rugby fan and fan of playing rugby games, i do think the RC's are a step in the right direction graphic wise at least.
It is very scary that our last good Rugby game was released 8 years ago, this is because when HB studios first start developing the game in 2004 they were partnering the development of the game with EA Sports and Electronic Games, after 2007 they no longer did (i don't know why, someone could research i guess) thus EA's ever evolving game engine was no longer to be seen.

The only way i can ever see us getting the game we want is if EA develop the game, with a Rugby Ultimate team, All licenses going to IPA championship, D2, Currie Cup, ITM, Top League (Japan), Argentine League and all big leagues of course. There would be Rugby Championship, Lions Tour and six nations. Good game Platforms, (I.E. Passing, kicking, rucking, offloading). I would also have a system that would allow you to create your own Backs moves and also your own Line Out moves.

I just think there is so much to give to a rugby game and If EA just made One like this, I honestly think it would be such a worth while investment.

Well guys, we can only hope and pray! ;) ;) ;) ;)

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLGzV3pwusQ(Rugby15) I've just watched this after some of the comments on here and What in Gods holy name is this? that game really does look dreadful.. :(

Another Edit: Take a look!! https://youtu.be/OfkvvsAdS1o

Last edited:
i checked a bit on the net, any screens as yet? more info? i mean it releases in less than 2 months?

I know it won't happen in rwc game but I'd love to see a be a pro added into maybe rc3 think it would make an intresting take on the game

I know it won't happen in rwc game but I'd love to see a be a pro added into maybe rc3 think it would make an intresting take on the game
I would be playing that all day if there was one. :)

But on a second note, I had another look at the screenshot and it doesn't look like the actual game for these reasons. In the picture we see England taking a kick against Scotland (i think ?) in they're old kits from the last world cup because Scotland don't have they're gold stripes anymore and England i don't think are having dark blue socks during the world cup.

Obviously i was too quick to judge this game, I wan't to see just a little bit off footage off the game then i'll see if its worth buying

But on a second note, I had another look at the screenshot and it doesn't look like the actual game for these reasons. In the picture we see England taking a kick against Scotland (i think ?) in they're old kits from the last world cup because Scotland don't have they're gold stripes anymore and England i don't think are having dark blue socks during the world cup.

Obviously i was too quick to judge this game, I wan't to see just a little bit off footage off the game then i'll see if its worth buying

Probably placeholder kits, seeing as the real ones have only been unveiled in the last week or so, and they haven't had time to make the in-game replicas yet.

Either way, doesn't look great.

its deffo the game, all the world cup branding in the background while the famous kicking animation takes place confirms it... guess we all have to hope and prey for RC3... i feel we all need to actively try and stop people buying this game... its a cash maker they have no intrerst in how good a game they make.

we could make a facebook page, get all the people who got ripped of last time to join it, and spread the word!

I hate getting excited about this game as it is going to be rubbish. What ever they try and sell this game as and what ever hopes we all have...this game will still be a rip off.

The people who released rugby 15 should have been shot for their efforts!

I hate getting excited about this game as it is going to be rubbish. What ever they try and sell this game as and what ever hopes we all have...this game will still be a rip off.

The people who released rugby 15 should have been shot for their efforts!
#

i still cant believe they actually released it like that. i would of been more than happy with rwc 2011 just with new roster and slightly better graphics, the gameplay wasnt perfect but a million miles better than rugby 15 turned out to be

What ever rugby game comes out, if its not EA it will be ****, but I will still buy it, because it's a rugby game.. Sadly this is the mentality all us rugby enthusiasts have and they will keep making **** games and we will keep on buying.. If we don't buy them, they will stop making rugby games, we're screwed either way..

What ever rugby game comes out, if its not EA it will be ****, but I will still buy it, because it's a rugby game.. Sadly this is the mentality all us rugby enthusiasts have and they will keep making **** games and we will keep on buying.. If we don't buy them, they will stop making rugby games, we're screwed either way..

Well frankly even if it was EA it would likely be s##t. They're a pretty s##t company when it comes to niche sports and they'd be half arsed about it just like last time.

This is the first one I'm not going to g to buy on principle, in fact I'm not going to buy anymore on principle until they overhaul the games.

What I will buy and spend my hard earned time and cash on is rugby league live 3, they deserve to have that game brought!

This is the first one I'm not going to g to buy on principle, in fact I'm not going to buy anymore on principle until they overhaul the games.

What I will buy and spend my hard earned time and cash on is rugby league live 3, they deserve to have that game brought!

Agreed. You have to respect a company like BigAnt and what they're doing. League is way smaller than Union, but they're showing their game and the fans plenty of love and dedication.

I'd almost buy two copies just to support them.

Agreed. You have to respect a company like BigAnt and what they're doing. League is way smaller than Union, but they're showing their game and the fans plenty of love and dedication.

I'd almost buy two copies just to support them.

And their cricket game is more than a decent effort

Latest posts