• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2015 Game Announced

The best rugby game ever is still Jonah Lomu Rugby. I still play it often with friends and will continue too over the years, I would rate Rugby League Live 2 as the next best

Rugby Challenge 1 and 2 gameplay was crap and boring. Rugby 08 was just a rehash of 05 and 06 but was ok

Graphics don't mean anything to me, it should be all about the gameplay and none of them are up to par for a great rugby game but JLR is still the most fun with friends by far

I refused to even try that Rugby 15 game (first rugby game ive never played) after hearing comments and watching a couple videos

Last edited:
The best rugby game ever is still Jonah Lomu Rugby. I still play it often with friends and will continue too over the years, I would rate Rugby League Live 2 as the next best

Rugby Challenge 1 and 2 gameplay was crap and boring. Rugby 08 was just a rehash of 05 and 06 but was ok

Graphics don't mean anything to me, it should be all about the gameplay and none of them are up to par for a great rugby game but JLR is still the most fun with friends by far

I refused to even try that Rugby 15 game (first rugby game ive never played) after hearing comments and watching a couple videos
The whole JLR romanticism stopped being relevant after EA Rugby '08 in my view. JLR was a fun game, but the rucking and scrumming systems were paper thin and almost ridiculous and it was a pretty poorly balanced game on the whole. Fun, but poor as a simulation.

Rugby 08, RC, RC 2, RLL2, Sidhe RL 1 and 3, and even the last RWC game were all better game play than JLR.

Just had a look at wicked witch(Daniel Visser)LinkedIn profile and notice that they have been working on a undisclosed console sports game since June 2012.. Rugby challenge 3 perhaps?

Last edited:
Just had a look at wicked witch(Daniel Visser)LinkedIn profile and notice that they have been working on a undisclosed console sports game since June 2012.. Rugby challenge 3 perhaps?

Wow, now that's an interesting development.

Wicked Witch would have to have significantly lifted their game over previous efforts. From the response of fans they effectively dropped the quality of AFL Live in their AFL Live 2 rather than progressed it. They developed an apparently woeful Rugby League Live game for tablets and phones.

Still, I have nothing at all against them and it would be great to see them do exactly that and lift their game. I'm going to keep an open mind about what will happen should they turn out to be the developer.

this is from Daniel Visser's page:

Projects

Undisclosed Console sports ***le(Link)

Starting June 2012

Undisclosed Console sports ***le

Role: Producer

Platforms: Xbox360, Playstation3, PC

Produced Australian sports ***le including game features with online multiplayer, 15 year career manager, player creator, and more!

sounds promising?

- - - Updated - - -

this is from Daniel Visser's page:

Projects

Undisclosed Console sports ***le(Link)

Starting June 2012

Undisclosed Console sports ***le

Role: Producer

Platforms: Xbox360, Playstation3, PC

Produced Australian sports ***le including game features with online multiplayer, 15 year career manager, player creator, and more!

sounds promising?

With the RC 3 Fanhub beta being released on steam, they have also revealed the competitions it includes which helps suggest what teams will be licensed:
You can also customize your team's look with hundreds of uniforms and emblems to choose from, allowing you to play in team strips from:
Super Rugby, Quad Nations, Euro Nations, Euro Club Championship, ITM Cup, Aviva Premiership Rugby, Bledisloe Cup Series, World Rugby Championship, French Division 1, French Division 2, Elite 12, European Knockout Cup, Pacific Rim Championship, African Nations Cup, South American Shield, Seven-A-Side Championship, International Seven-A-Side Series, Buildcorp National Rugby Championship and the ABSA Currie Cup

it also included a picture of England players in a fully licensed England kit, I definitely think RC3 will be getting my money

Last edited:
Wow what a massive coup for HES - completely undercut BigBen by snagging the world's 4 biggest international teams in a World Cup year.

Liking the look of it so far - RLL2 is looking better graphically, but RC3 still craps on RWC

this game is dead, rugby challenge 3 will completely overshadow it if its anything like rugby 15 was

The whole JLR romanticism stopped being relevant after EA Rugby '08 in my view. JLR was a fun game, but the rucking and scrumming systems were paper thin and almost ridiculous and it was a pretty poorly balanced game on the whole. Fun, but poor as a simulation.

Rugby 08, RC, RC 2, RLL2, Sidhe RL 1 and 3, and even the last RWC game were all better game play than JLR.

Ive heard you say his before but you are so wrong. I believe I saw you were a bit younger and missed when JLR was very popular and tried it later. None of them have better gameplay then JLR by any chance but RLL2 is the closest to matching it. RC and RC2 suck, Rugby 08 was just another Rugby 05,06 with very minor additions and the gameplay became very repetitive. RWC game was just another version of Rugby 08 again, Nothing matches the gameplay of multiplayer with mates with JLR. You are entitled to you're opinion though but I don't enjoy any of those games that much except for RLL2 which I consider to be a very very good game. RC2 lacked enjoyable gameplay

Ive heard you say his before but you are so wrong. I believe I saw you were a bit younger and missed when JLR was very popular and tried it later. None of them have better gameplay then JLR by any chance but RLL2 is the closest to matching it. RC and RC2 suck, Rugby 08 was just another Rugby 05,06 with very minor additions and the gameplay became very repetitive. RWC game was just another version of Rugby 08 again, Nothing matches the gameplay of multiplayer with mates with JLR. You are entitled to you're opinion though but I don't enjoy any of those games that much except for RLL2 which I consider to be a very very good game. RC2 lacked enjoyable gameplay

Do you hate the life?

Mate, you're as entitled to your opinion as I am mine, so this isn't really a matter of "right or wrong." You didn't find RC2 fun? That's fair enough, and just as valid as me not enjoying JLR.

You're correct that I was a bit young when it came out, but not that young... I was still in high school at the time and I played the old SNES ARL 96 too. As I said though, I just don't think it holds up well at all against all but Rugby 2000 and Rugby 2004 (and probably Rugby 15 to be fair - just so awful).

Mate, you're as entitled to your opinion as I am mine, so this isn't really a matter of "right or wrong." You didn't find RC2 fun? That's fair enough, and just as valid as me not enjoying JLR.

You're correct that I was a bit young when it came out, but not that young... I was still in high school at the time and I played the old SNES ARL 96 too. As I said though, I just don't think it holds up well at all against all but Rugby 2000 and Rugby 2004 (and probably Rugby 15 to be fair - just so awful).

Nope, you are wrong :) JLR rules over all

Nope, you are wrong :) JLR rules over all

I actually do still like JLR as a game. When people play it now, it's the graphics and the silly players running in and out of the rucks that puts them off. The mechanisms, the contestability of the game is still top line. The game is deep.

There are things you can do in JLR, that are exceptionally well done. The ability to hold a pass, ready to go, and decide whether or not to attempt to off-load whilst going down in a legs tackle has never been done better, for example.

I actually do still like JLR as a game. When people play it now, it's the graphics and the silly players running in and out of the rucks that puts them off. The mechanisms, the contestability of the game is still top line. The game is deep.

There are things you can do in JLR, that are exceptionally well done. The ability to hold a pass, ready to go, and decide whether or not to attempt to off-load whilst going down in a legs tackle has never been done better, for example.

I play it occasionally on my PC with a PS/2 emulator and I get a decent amount of enjoyment out of the game. I'm not a fan of how the place kicks curl in so dramatically and trying to win rucks against good teams hurts my fingers but it's a great game overall, I wish games could be made to last longer than 15 minutes though.

seriously, wtf happened to HB Studios?

Rugby 05,06 and 08 were great games. Hell I didn't even mind Rugby World Cup 2011, it was still fairly enjoyable. Then the last 2 years of utter ****, wtf happened? Are they purposely attempting to make not only the worst rugby games of all time but perhaps the worst video game out of any developer worldwide for the last 2 years running

You should be ashamed HB Studios, this is beyond a joke.

Reminds me of the wrestling games. Pretty much never improve whatsoever. If anything, they regress.

Latest posts