• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup memories

Pah. You can keep your Jonnys and your Jonahs. You can definitely keep your Stade de France.

If you like your rugby in the raw, or even if you don't, Skinner serving up Cecillion on toast is the ultimate RWC moment. Momentum turner in a brutal dust up in a properly hostile cauldron.

Park des Princes, QF, 1991 for the uninitiated. You really had to be there. And some of us had that luckā€¦ā€¦

That's when England had some proper scary forwards

So England actually have been cheating since well before I was born! Thought that was just a thing people said to be funny!

Everyone thinks their generation was the best, but mine definitely was! I pity you, never having been able to play or watch proper rugby. šŸ˜€

That's when England had some proper scary forwards

Dooley's still totally terrifying in his mid 60s.

What we'd give now for the snarling, angry, galvanising force that was Pitbull. Somewhere there's a great photo of him laying down the law to an England pack, all of whom looked about a foot taller than him and, in Bayfield's case, literally was. It's not the size of dog in the fight.

Oh and a THP that could actually scrummage.

Happy days.

What we'd give now for the snarling, angry, galvanising force that was Pitbull. Somewhere there's a great photo of him laying down the law to an England pack, all of whom looked about a foot taller than him and, in Bayfield's case, literally was. It's not the size of dog in the fight.
A poor-man's Graham Dawe

Everyone thinks their generation was the best, but mine definitely was! I pity you, never having been able to play or watch proper rugby. šŸ˜€

Dooley's still totally terrifying in his mid 60s.

Oh and a THP that could actually scrummage.

Happy days.
A poor-man's Graham Dawe
I think that Dawe might have won a fight between the two, but there's no doubt that Moore had more presence on the field and the ability to get inside an opponents head.

2015 World Cup was the beginning of the slow descendent of English Rugby.

Knocked out of the group stage of their own tournament, and hardly anything has gone right since except for a Grand Slam and WC Final with one of the best ever Haka challenges I've ever seen along the way....... despite all that it's been pretty grim ever since and now they are going into a WC with the lowest public expectation ever.

For fun, one of my highest memory in rugby world cup was the France-Australia semi final in 1987 (I know I'm rather old - I was a youngster at the time and I had a mum fan of rugby who woke me up at 5am to watch the match) and the incredible Blanco try at the last minute (where to be honest there was at least a forward pass, possibly a foot in line out, possibly a red card on an australian player for dangerous tackle etc..not the rugby of today haha):

Latest posts