• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugbys Big Kickers

goodNumber10

International
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
London Wasps
Found this on Youtube, don't recall it being Rugby Dumped or anything 62m(ish) kick in a high school game between Kearsney College and Westville:

[video=youtube_share;0nTIv-pJZmk]http://youtu.be/0nTIv-pJZmk[/video]

That is a big kick - i presume at altitude.

as always youtube comments are priceless...

Any bigger?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I misread the ***le as rugby big knickers. Too early in the morning.

Johan Goosen for Grey College vs Paul Roos Gymnasium
67,1 m penalty kick (in Bloem though)

when Clarke and thorburn were kicking was it leather balls or the man made material, i remember when i was at school and team kicker whose old leather ones used to get really heavy in the winter and 30yd passes did not exist never mind kicking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is the first kick i posted at altitude?

I can't say for certain but I don't think so; both schools are Natal based and looking at the trees in the background I'd say it would be in Natal. The outside chance is that it is a game between the two at a schools tournament in the interior but my bet would be it's a derby between the two at one of their grounds though I can't really say as I don't tend to follow Natal school rugby.

Last edited:
One of my first uploads...

the quality is bad but this is still massive

when Clarke and thorburn were kicking was it leather balls or the man made material, i remember when i was at school and team kicker whose old leather ones used to get really heavy in the winter and 30yd passes did not exist never mind kicking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clarke was certainly the leather one and reckon Thorburn would be about the time of change over!

Young Connacht fullback Darragh Leader landing this one to win an A match.

One of my first uploads...

Haha ... I remember saying "There's no way you'll get that. You're dreaming" ... did you see me in the crowd shot after the kick ... I was one crying :)

I was looking for the video for the "other kick" that they refer to in your video (I can't find it online) ... it was the French fullback Pierre Villepreux successfully kicking into the Wellington wind (gale) at Athletic Park in 1968.

...and with a heavier ball!!

Yep TM, I remember dubbin on my rugby ball and boots when I was a kid, to try and waterproof the leather.

@GLG ... yes, the long pass was definitely out with those old leather balls wasn't it ... I remember they could be pretty difficult to kick them into touch on wet days :)

Latest posts