• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugbys Big Kickers

Clarke was certainly the leather one and reckon Thorburn would be about the time of change over!

Thorburn has the record for the longest penalty kick in test Rugby ... here it is

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking for the video for the "other kick" that they refer to in your video (I can't find it online) ... it was the French fullback Pierre Villepreux successfully kicking into the Wellington wind (gale) at Athletic Park in 1968.

sorry, didn't upload that ! But I know Villepreux more as a commentator and TV personality than as a player. He's a fantastic human being, extremely humble, full to burst with knowledge, common sense, and he loves flair so much it's good to have an old school character like him around in France...

sorry, didn't upload that ! But I know Villepreux more as a commentator and TV personality than as a player. He's a fantastic human being, extremely humble, full to burst with knowledge, common sense, and he loves flair so much it's good to have an old school character like him around in France...

Yeah, I looked for it, but could only find the first test (all of it!), but it's the highlights of the second test that I wanted ... it's a little before my time, but some of older NZ commentators still talk about it awe ... I can well imagine it though, because I went to many game at the old Athletic Park, when the Wellington "breeze" was blowing :)

... maybe Cooky remembers it

Yeah, I looked for it, but could only find the first test (all of it!), but it's the highlights of the second test that I wanted ... it's a little before my time, but some of older NZ commentators still talk about it awe ... I can well imagine it though, because I went to many game at the old Athletic Park, when the Wellington "breeze" was blowing :)

... maybe Cooky remembers it

I looked for it (through my "official" sources) and could only find tests 1 and 3. But indeed, I see he scored the only points for France that second test in NZ. One penalty. Final score: 9-3.
Btw, are you a kiwi living in Canada or a Canadian All-Black enthusiast ?

I looked for it (through my "official" sources) and could only find tests 1 and 3. But indeed, I see he scored the only points for France that second test in NZ. One penalty. Final score: 9-3.
Btw, are you a kiwi living in Canada or a Canadian All-Black enthusiast ?

Okay, well thanks for looking anyway ... I'm a Kiwi living in Canada ... so it's NZ teams first, and then Canadian ones ... I support both, but aside from that Sevens final the other day, I very seldom have to choose between the two :)

Okay, well thanks for looking anyway ... I'm a Kiwi living in Canada ... so it's NZ teams first, and then Canadian ones ... I support both, but aside from that Sevens final the other day, I very seldom have to choose between the two :)

K, cool. Did you wake up one day to swim really really far and up North in the Pacific, or...?

K, cool. Did you wake up one day to swim really really far and up North in the Pacific, or...?

Hehe ... no, I came here for the tropical Edmonton climate :)

... no I came here for the MONEY

... oh sh*t, the wife's coming ... I came here for LOVE

... it's okay, she's gone again ... I came here for the MONEY :)

Dumitras of Romania has a massive kick on him. I've seen him hit drop goals from 60-odd before and send spiral punts 80.

Latest posts