mania

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Samoa

im not happy about these rule changes.

goal drop out instead of a 5 metre attacking scrum sux. too much like league and removes a tactic, using the scrum, for scoring.

also not a fan of the captains challenge. its jus gonna add extra time to the game and decisions will still get messed up.

my first thought was I didn't like them either but someone explained to me that ne of the tactics being removed is the scrum penalty...which im happy to see, scum penalties are my pet peeve

no
my first thought was I didn't like them either but someone explained to me that ne of the tactics being removed is the scrum penalty...which im happy to see, scum penalties are my pet peeve
no way an attacking scrum means less bodies in the the midfield meaning better chance for the backs

no

no way an attacking scrum means less bodies in the the midfield meaning better chance for the backs
maybe historically but you cant deny going for a scrum penalty is a common tactic over the last decade, especially on the goal line

Why would NZ want to limit/lessen the amount of scrums, when it's clearly a tactic by other teams to get penalties. Would it not be more detrimental to the AB's not to have good scrummagers?

Also, the captain's challenge have been used in the past in the Varsity Cup in South Africa. It's not that bad of a system, if the cameras are able to catch what is being challenged. It was usually used to challenge a penalty at rucks/scrums, and the odd high shot/forward pass.

Sometimes it wasn't even used in a game.

Globally Union is far more popular than League. Maybe the rules should flow the other way,

If I wanted to watch League then I would watch League.

maybe historically but you cant deny going for a scrum penalty is a common tactic over the last decade, especially on the goal line
yeah agree,especially in the north. but if you wanna see tries then a 5m attacking scrum is an awesome opportunity
maybe i'm just scrum junkie. i hate the collapses too; but i love the competing packs when they properly go at each other in the scrums.

yeah agree,especially in the north. but if you wanna see tries then a 5m attacking scrum is an awesome opportunity
maybe i'm just scrum junkie. i hate the collapses too; but i love the competing packs when they properly go at each other in the scrums.
I do too, definitely love a good scrum, if they got rid of penalties when it is just a dominant scrum destroying the other one for a penalty im all for them

Why would NZ want to limit/lessen the amount of scrums, when it's clearly a tactic by other teams to get penalties. Would it not be more detrimental to the AB's not to have good scrummagers?

Also, the captain's challenge have been used in the past in the Varsity Cup in South Africa. It's not that bad of a system, if the cameras are able to catch what is being challenged. It was usually used to challenge a penalty at rucks/scrums, and the odd high shot/forward pass.

Sometimes it wasn't even used in a game.
they want to make a more enjoyable product for people to watch and the less people like scrums and penalties than open attack

I think NZR have focusing on doing everything to make the ABs good at the detriment of engaging the fans in any other way than results, more enjoyable product to watch = more people watching = more money

Latest posts