• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Running diagonally in Rugby06

S

spearman

You mentioned running diagonally in your review...

"Granted there are still some bad things in there, such as too many players chasing the ball carrier and the fact that defence is sometimes a touch to easy to get through if you run diagonally, but I’ll get onto that later."

Can you please elaborate on this.

Is it as bad as in 05, and is it in fact the problem with the centres parting in defence that was so ruinous in 05

Come on Locks et al, please respond - this is an important question that needs to be answered. Particularly in the light of the very good reviews.

oh god , please tell me they have got rid of that ridiculous syncronised 29 players all turning and facing the ball carrier at the same time problem.

I hope so, I'm waiting for Locks to reply.
<

That gap in centre field was a bizarre problem, and the whole diagonal running thing ruined the game, as it made it far too easy. If this isnt fixed then it dosent matter how good the game is in other areas, in a few days you wont be able to lose.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 25 2006, 09:28 AM
That gap in centre field was a bizarre problem, and the whole diagonal running thing ruined the game, as it made it far too easy. If this isnt fixed then it dosent matter how good the game is in other areas, in a few days you wont be able to lose.
1. you obviously never edited the game

2. it will be somewhat fixed I would say, but to say that there can't be a gap in rugby on the diagonal is preposterous! There are two gaps to be found in rugby = straight and diagonally......would you prefer to bust the line running backwards?

3. stop playing with ridiculously fast centres like Tipoki, Tait, O'Driscoll etc......these guys bust diagonal gaps in real life too.

4. It was a problem in the last game to a degree for sure though.

5. Yes I just contradicted points 1, 2 and 3, in point 4.

6. All games though are really as fun as you let them be.....if you are reduced to choosing fast centres and diagonal running to substitute for creativity, then so be it. There are plenty of other ways to skin a cat.

PS - yes, it better have been improved and made tighter though at least.

PPS - I tried the ol' use the lions as favourite team and then you can play the lions chestnut in 05...and it was rubbish....I was so angry I beat the maori team 141-7!! Ouch. You Nhers got your revenge....sort of.

Originally posted by wow!aframeup!@Jan 25 2006, 04:11 AM
3. stop playing with ridiculously fast centres like Tipoki, Tait, O'Driscoll etc......these guys bust diagonal gaps in real life too.
Players shouldn't be punished for playing with decent players though. Star players should have made it easier to score, but not to the extent they did.

Hopefully this has been fixed for '06, but I still enjoy playing '05 now and again. It's still challenging to beat some of the top sides.

You will find that a lot of the game is very much the same as 05. The problem seems to be that HB Studios isnt really interested in feedback. At least it doesnt seem so.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 25 2006, 08:39 PM
You will find that a lot of the game is very much the same as 05. The problem seems to be that HB Studios isnt really interested in feedback. At least it doesnt seem so.
Something tells me you don't seem to be a big fan of rugby 2006?

Originally posted by wow!aframeup!@Jan 25 2006, 03:11 PM
1. you obviously never edited the game

2. it will be somewhat fixed I would say, but to say that there can't be a gap in rugby on the diagonal is preposterous! There are two gaps to be found in rugby = straight and diagonally......would you prefer to bust the line running backwards?

4. It was a problem in the last game to a degree for sure though.

5. Yes I just contradicted points 1, 2 and 3, in point 4.
<

That was great. You pretty much said nothing in 100-odd words. Wonderful.

Oh, and so this post isn't completely pointless, even if the opposition did have decent players, there was always the glitch where you can run straight through them in situations. No editing players could fix this. It was a problem with the programmers.

ie. You recieve the ball in your own 22 from kick off, you could usually run diagonally through the entire team (unless the fullback gets you or you're chased down by the centres/wings) because all of the defense would just run diagonally with you and the gap and forget to tackle you/close you in...

No worries. Me and Los go way back, disagreeing with him is basically my reason for being on this forum...

...Now watch as he proclaims "I f***ing knew it!!!"

Created players looked crqap though with their huge heads!!

CAN LOCKS PLEASE ANSWER THE QUESTION THOUGH!

My God you are a twat.

And the "that figures" comment from whoever it was.....they're probably impyling you're a twat.

Please infer that you are a twat.

Originally posted by jimmy44+Jan 25 2006, 09:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jimmy44 @ Jan 25 2006, 09:31 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-knowsleyroader
@Jan 25 2006, 08:39 PM
Something tells me you don't seem to be a big fan of rugby 2006? [/b]
Thats not what I said. I was merely implying that there is still work to be done.

EA06 is a good game.

Latest posts