• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rupeni Caucau

J

Juggernaut

I have been reading a lot of posts whereby people have been asking the whereabouts of Caucau, why he is not in the Fiji squad, etc.

OK, here is some bad news for all you folks. Caucau may NOT be able to play for Fiji in the RWC. The rugby world will be devoid of one of the truely superstar of rugby. :(

Some of you may or may not know that Caucau is currently serving a 3-month ban for testing positive for Cannabis. His suspension ends in September (not sure of the date but it comes after Fiji's first RWC game). The suspension doesnt allow him to be associated with Fiji rugby for that period, meaning he wont be available for the final trials on July 11-13 or even attend training with the boys. Fijian coach Ilie Tabua has made it perfectly clear that he will ONLY pick his squad from the players that attend the trials.

Now the part that is really annoying the Fiji RU and the fans is the bad sportsmanship displayed by the French RU. Caucau tested positive for cannabis way back in March but French officials kept it under wraps and didnt ban Caucau then. He was allowed to continue playing for Agen till the completion of the season. If he had been banned then, his suspension would have ended on June thus allowing him to be able to attend fitness tests, trainings & trials for Fiji.

Now, Fiji RU doesnt condone the use of drugs in sport but is lobbying the IRB and the French RU about the timing of the suspension. It smacks of hypocrisy.

I hope all your queries have been answered.

rupeni is pretty slack i gotta say... you're professional athlete! c'mon your gonna get caught duuuh! lol

it is disappointing if we don't get to see him and fiji will no doubt lose an attacking flair without him

the french union sucks too, dont ban him when he was playing for them in their national comp... till its time he will maybe face them in WC! blardy marnus!

wouldnt be the first time the french spoiled Fiji's world cup campaign... altho maybe paddy o'brien is most to blame for the 99 RWC game.. that penatly try was bullshit!

it still hurts....

wouldnt be the first time the french spoiled Fiji's world cup campaign... altho maybe paddy o'brien is most to blame for the 99 RWC game.. that penatly try was bullshit!

it still hurts.... [/b]

It still does. :(

yea, he kidna deserves it because he has let everyone down, remember all those times he got kicked out of the squad for not turning up to training? lol

Am i the only guy who thinks he's over rated?
I mean, i know i don't see him play often, but whever he does play European rugby he'll score a try here or there than will only entail him running straight for 15 metres.
I've seen the superb try against France, but is he deadly like one of the NZ wingers?

Am i the only guy who thinks he's over rated?[/b]

Nope, he's a lazy fat ******* who's got a good bit of pace when he can be bothered, but he's useless in every other aspect of his game, especially defence. Plus his attitude stinks.

It's pity he's so lazy, i think he can be the best player of the world...

Tested positive for cannabis hey? Well, that kind of explains the weight gain. Midnight muncies and all......

Seriously though, when Caucau`s donning the national colours of Fiji and gracing a RWC game, pure and unadulterated genius. Lethal combination of raw pace, superb power and a magical step. Could have been, in fact should have been, a world-class superstar at every level. Pity about the lifestyle and habits- no matter what you say, recreational drug use in a professional sportsman is simply unacceptable. A great talent that`s being, uhm well, wasted.....

<div class='quotemain'> Am i the only guy who thinks he's over rated?[/b]

Nope, he's a lazy fat ******* who's got a good bit of pace when he can be bothered, but he's useless in every other aspect of his game, especially defence. Plus his attitude stinks.
[/b][/quote]

As i suspected. Maybe not the attitude part though.

As an irishman,I havent seen Caucau that often apart from the odd clips of super 12 highlights and a small bit in the french league but when I first saw a full game of him was the leinster/agen match this season.O'driscoll was running in for a try and caucau stopped fora moment and then decided to try and stop him and almost caught him after running crossfield.I always thought O'driscoll was fast but how is that little fat stump able to sprint so fast.he could so easily be the best player in the world shame about his attitude.a complete waste of godgiven talent

Has he been proven quicker than Habana or is he too lazy to do those tests?

They're so near it makes no difference, although Cowcow would edge it if he didn't eat so many cheeseburgers.

this guy is one of the best wingers I got to see in NZ, and the things he could do was amazing, its a shame that he dosnt have the passion to play and become one of the greats, he is a waste - but wish him the best

Well shame on him then.
If he could potentially be quicker than Habana, has a better rugby brain and does more for the team on the field and just decides to throw his career away in macdonalds then he gets no respect from me.

i remember him getting this run away when he was playing for northland, looked like a deadset try, however... this lock, i forgot his name, from waikato? came outta nowhere and caught him... the best try saving tackle i've seen... perhaps thats why he wanted to gap it lol

Cannabis anyway do not help your performance, it is a bad attitude (anyway depend from the leading culture). We can say that also beer is not a good behaviour but because we play rugby and the rugby is english alcool is tolerated. What a strange world, but it is like this in all the sports

i remember him getting this run away when he was playing for northland, looked like a deadset try, however... this lock, i forgot his name, from waikato? came outta nowhere and caught him... the best try saving tackle i've seen... perhaps thats why he wanted to gap it lol [/b]
yea i remember that. the funny thing with it was you could really see him trying to go faster but when hes at his best like he was for the blues he doesn't even look like hes trying. if you want evidince of how good he was and could have been find a copy of the brumbiesv blues in 2003(i think its 2003 but it was the year they last one the ***le) he scored a hat-trick and utterly destroyed the brumbies, so much so the nzru tried to convince him not play for fiji and instead try and get residency so he could play for nz.

Latest posts