• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rupeni Caucau

yeah a wasted talent, i coulda seen him being the next Jonah alot of potential. Lets hope he gets back on track next time around

Too bad next time around he'll be past his prime. He might be a force if he stops f***ing around but i doubt he'll recapture the same form he had in the last world cup.

Was a brilliant player for his ability to both start and finish, i sometimes feel that players like rococoko and howlett are solely finishers and lack the creativity to spark a try.

Just watched some vids of him again on youtube....what he does defies belief!!!!

I still remember how he when he was an unknown he used to make Roger Randle and Doug Howlett look ordinary in the NPC...it was then that I first noticed him...his winning try for Northland against Auckland in the dying seconds was incredible...the Northland fullback does a kick for Rupeni for him to run through on....but Rupeni didn't run through the defensive line...instead he decides to tak the long route and runs around the OUTSIDE of the defensive line...so he starts running from 5 metres inside Howlett...goes around him (Howlett is simply running a straight line at the ball) over takes him and dives on the ball...incredible speed and something never to be seen again....he did this against the Waratahs when they had him covered and he just ran around 3 backs to score in the corner.

What a waste of probably the greatest running player next to Lomu...a true waste.

He moved so fat hat when players got a hand on him he brushed them aside due to the sheer speed he was travelling.

Anyway watch him on youtube footage of his play in the French comp and be amazed...

I think Christian Cullen was as good in his prime, but I recon Caucau could run around Lomu easily...Lomu tended to run through people, he was very fast but I think the emphasis on his speen was because he was a 119kg, 6 5'' dude who was also very strong. I don't believe he could catch Rupeni, and I think Lomu chasing Rupeni would definitly give the Fijian a good reason to run.

Latest posts