• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC Jerseys

I'd love that - I think UA kits are pretty ****e, frankly.

It was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw that picture, actually... that it doesn't look like the ripstop-like material UA use.

The new Pumas jersey for the Springbok test:

http://www.rugbyfun.com.ar/2015/08/a-tono-con-la-historia/

I can't upload from my mobile. It's a special jersey for a single game. Tribute to the 50th anniversary of the Pumas nickname, who was born in South Africa 50 years ago.

I hope it goes on sale, it's a traditional rugby jersey, old school :cool:

that pumas kit is pretty nice, you'd have to get one if they go on sale

How dare they wear Black that's NZ's colour's who do they think they are? ;)

Not a problem.... imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Rugby players will always want to look like the players they look up to!
cheesy.gif

The shirt itself (material, cut/fit etc.) is significantly better IMO - the old UA shirt design looked ridiculously uncomfortable... like it was made of ripstop.

Following a recent trend, Romania will have traditional motifs printed on their jerseys. I can't remember who started it first, I think Fiji in 2007?

Tricou.jpg

Following a recent trend, Romania will have traditional motifs printed on their jerseys. I can't remember who started it first, I think Fiji in 2007?

View attachment 3884

Probably Samoa or Tonga. Maybe one of the sevens teams were doing it first. I think the tight fitting jersey's started in the sevens as well

Last edited:
Maybe someone can help me out. Why on earth is it so hard to find Argentina's t-shirt in Europe? It is virtually impossible.

I can find Uruguay's (http://www.lovell-rugby.co.uk/shop/International/Uruguay), Samoa's (http://www.kitbag.com/stores/kitbag/en/c/rugby/rugby-shirts/southern-hemisphere) or that horrendous AB purple one (http://www.kitbag.com/stores/kitbag/en/c/rugby/rugby-shirts/southern-hemisphere), but i cannot find Argentina's shirt. I'm actually quite good at researching these sort of things and i refuse to believe that nike shirt is not available in any european online retailer.

Hints welcomed.

Big sports companies generally operate regionally - Nike almost completely pulled out of rugby in Europe after they lost the England contract.
I don't think they distribute it here - so unless an EU shop imports them from Argentina then they wont have them.

Thanks.
I get that, but you'd expect a small import batch or something. I mean, world cup is coming, people buy t-shirts, etc.
I get your point, i still think it's amazing. Again, i can get Uruguay's t-shirt no prob ffs.

Nike has left rugby (F*cking Americans) Saracens are the only European team that wears the brand and who knows how long. So the Pumas jersey is made by Nike Argentina.

In short, the Pumas jersey is only available in Argentina. The Teros jersey is a different story. Is made by an English brand (KooGa) so is available for the UK market

Thanks god! I love the Teros jersey. They managed a contract with an international brand to have qualified for the WC, but it would have been impossible to get the jersey if they don't participate to the WC

I think the issue is the UAR, they don't have a f*cking online store with shipping to worldwide. Should take advantage of the jersey is only available in Argentina, with an online store would earn much money.

I sent an email to the UAR to claim the online store but they didn't answer me. On the website there is a dedicated space for the online store, but the link doesn't work, there's nothing there for many years. Welcome to the f*cking third world!

Last edited:
I like that one. Still not convinced about the home one. Think I like it but then I see it again and then I don't like it as much

Same here with the Home, why I ended up with the Away WC variant, Sports direct selling them for £45 inc. next day delivery vs £45 without delivery elsewhere as a heads up to anyone

So much truth. I want the animal print puma jersey and I have to ask my family to bring it from Bs As. But I already asked them to sent a billetera and some conitos habana, now what, also the jersey? They'll think I just invite them to make amazon's work.

How hard would be to make a deal with amazon for argentinian shirts? I know loads of rugby fans from europe who love the shirts. This last 1965 shirt: they would love it

Same here with the Home, why I ended up with the Away WC variant, Sports direct selling them for £45 inc. next day delivery vs £45 without delivery elsewhere as a heads up to anyone

Which version? Test or Supporter jersey? What about the size measurements?

Which version? Test or Supporter jersey? What about the size measurements?

I was quoting SelimNiai regarding the Wales Away jersey not the Argentinian if there is any confusion sorry.

Regards the one I got was the Supporter, the Test retails at 80+ from memory regards size they had them all available when I ordered. the non RWC version is slightly cheaper too (I just prefer it without sponsors xD)

Latest posts