• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC: Samoa - Wales (18-9-11, 15:30)

I agree that it's a penalty, but it isn't a double movement (it's holding onto the ball in a ruck). In rugby league, you cannot even immediately reach out to score a try after you've hit the ground with your arms because that's a double movement. We can immediately reach over in union, so double movement doesn't exist in union. What you're referring to is holding onto the ball in a ruck and not releasing. It's a separate charge. Rolland may as well have charged Fa'asavalu with "bad hair", because it gets as much mention in the law book as double movement does.

Of course, Fa'asavalu didn't get the try because he didn't release the ball then tried to get back up even though he'd been tackled. I'm just a little annoyed that even more people will now think that there's such thing as double movement in union.

Along with what Olly said, but also remember a tackle doesn't make it a ruck, so it's more akin to playing the ball on the ground than in a ruck.

Wow.,. Biased Ref shocker!

Honestly, the IRB have designed this tournament so those nations outside the 6N and 3N fail.

Great work IRB. Genius.

Double movement.. Meh.. How about going to the TMO to see if Maurie actually hit the chalk when he went to ground first. Rubbish call.

Also, look at how there was no 2nd thoughts on the obstruction that led to Williams try.. Sham.

Wow.,. Biased Ref shocker!

Honestly, the IRB have designed this tournament so those nations outside the 6N and 3N fail.

Great work IRB. Genius.

Double movement.. Meh.. How about going to the TMO to see if Maurie actually hit the chalk when he went to ground first. Rubbish call.

Also, look at how there was no 2nd thoughts on the obstruction that led to Williams try.. Sham.

Come off it.

Letter of the law states that the player made an attempt to get up.

I could call Rolland on various stuff he missed for Wales. Fact of the matter is he was poor both ways.

Did you notice that when he actually went to ground.. Perhaps someone has a gif, the ball looked like it touched the white line, before he attempted to reach out and plant it one more time.

I agree he should of went to the TMO!! Thats why we have TMO's!!

Roland had a below par game with some of his calls. There were than a few times where players from both sides just laid there trying to kill the ball. As for Paul Williams high tackle, it was more on the chest than around the neck.

Have to say that even though Samoa loss, they have stepped up to the level of tier one nations competing in the scrums and set pieces. I just hope they continue to play end of year tours in the Northern Hemisphere and hopefully SANZAR can allow them to p[lay more games against against the All Blacks, Spring Boks and Australia because that is the only way they are going to get better is by consistently play against top 10 rugby nations.

It shouldn't have been awarded a try. It maybe should've been looked at - but i feel that the decision was right.

Pretty disappointed over the fact that we played a very NH style of game, given that Wales defence was pretty tight but we didn't use our backs to any great degree. We contributed to the slowness of the game by not using any subs.

Still, I thought it was a quality game for Samoa but Wales played it better and won.

I was hoping (and still do) that Tasesa would be injured (nothing too serious) enough to stay out for the rest of the tournament.

At least, when it's all boiled down, Samoa with the right players and enough time could shake up some Tier 1 teams consistently. I would rather be us than Fiji or Tonga with all their issues.

As for the playing of games, that's a whole other matter. And we just need a Samoan Billionaire and a less corrupt admin and we should be sweet.

Interesting to hear Kelvin Deaker in NZherald think it was a try. I must say I didnt.

I definitely thought the final pass to Williams went forward as it bounced and u saw the Samoan pplayers blow up straight away.

Rolland was bad but never as biased as Jim Fleming was in our QF with SA in 95. He let two Chester Williams tries go with huge forward passes.

Interesting to hear Kelvin Deaker in NZherald think it was a try. I must say I didnt.

I definitely thought the final pass to Williams went forward as it bounced and u saw the Samoan pplayers blow up straight away.

Rolland was bad but never as biased as Jim Fleming was in our QF with SA in 95. He let two Chester Williams tries go with huge forward passes.

Nobody had a fair chance against SA in '95. Samoa robbed (like you say two forward pass tries), France in the semi's robbed (game shouldn't have even been played; France would've advanced on disciplinary record, dissallowed French try and a dodgily awarded SA try), and of course NZ robbed in the final as our whole team was sick. Love how these movies and doco's recently about 1995 attribute half the credit to Mandela for inspiring everyone, yet no mention of Louis Leyt who paid all the refs or Susie the waitress who poisoned the best team.

I hate this thread because of its ***le, the flashbacks make me snarl.

I dont watch the RWC anymore, its really not that good.

Doesn't it frustrate you that Japan scored a try from a much worse double-movement than what Faasavalu was disallowed???..

I sure as hell was frustrated.

Mate you got that absolutely right. All refs have their own law book. I just hope these type of calls don't affect the play off matches. It just really sucks how that refs are not consistent. AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hardout bro. Like I said in another thread. By the end of this tournament, I will have a hitlist and all my targets will be referees at this point..

I just noticed that Samoa made the big mistake to play with his best line-up against Namibia. Weren't they able to win that one with a B-team ??? It's an incredible mistake from Tafua !! Can anybody tell me if this one wasn't able to win easily. It's not like Samoa woudn't have depth !!

1. Logovi'i Mulipola
2. Ole Avei
3. Census Johnston
4. Filipo Levi
5. Joe Tekori
6. Ofisa Treviranus
7. Manaia Salavea
8. George Stowers
9. Junior Polu
10. Tasesa Lavea
11. Alesana Tuilagi
12. Eliota Fuimaono-Sapolu
13. Johnny Leota
14. David Lemi
15. Paul Williams

Was it so hard to name this XV ?

Samoa do not have the luxury of depth like South Africa, NZ, England, Australia and co.... There was no gurantee that Samoa would of won had they played there B team hence the reason why they chose there best team. They took the risk of players getting injured and thats what happened.

I dont think too many Manu Samoa supporters would have been confident with that front row you have named. Other than Cencus Johnston, Avei and Mulipola are untested at International level. Samoa needed a good win with a bonus point because every other team in the Pool have or will get a bonus point against Namibia which could come down to the final points tally.

Samoa do not have the luxury of depth like South Africa, NZ, England, Australia and co.... There was no gurantee that Samoa would of won had they played there B team hence the reason why they chose there best team. They took the risk of players getting injured and thats what happened.

I dont think too many Manu Samoa supporters would have been confident with that front row you have named. Other than Cencus Johnston, Avei and Mulipola are untested at International level. Samoa needed a good win with a bonus point because every other team in the Pool have or will get a bonus point against Namibia which could come down to the final points tally.

They could have go with first choice players in second half if the score wasn't done.

IMO Samoa would have won with a 2nd team and it was my original comment on here that it was a mistake to play a first choice team against namibia and save it fo Wales. They proved against the Wallabies they could come together on the big occasion. I also think they may have got a bonus point but crucially the first choice would have had a good lead in agaisnt the Welsh who had a tough outing against SA.

Latest posts