• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales vs Fiji (14/11)

Nah not really forgetting that the talk was how Wales didn't reinvent themselves post Gatland due to how the 2021 six nations went in how they are perceived.

Every team should look good against 14 men for prolonged periods of time, claiming superiority over 14 men is a bad look whether they deserved to be at14 men or not.
Wales played well in the second half of the England match no doubt but England had to expend a lot of energy to make up the handicap making it hard to know if they they were playing well against a gassed team or were just playing superior (we'll never really know).

Its not really controversial to acknowledge Wales played well, its the lack of acknowledgement of the mitigating circumstances by certain contingents.
I have no idea what 'claiming superiority over 14 men' means to be honest. Teams were rightly punished, Wales beat them (they lost to one team with 14 after being up when there was 15), There's no 'deserved winners in sport' a team wins or loses. Different things contribute to that, ref decisions, player mistakes, how well the team plays etc. You can only discuss what happens, there's not much point discussing hypotheticals as anything could have happened. 'Certain contingents' again it seems Welsh posters are getting bashed with the idiotic views of fans from outside of here. I don't post in the England threads bemoaning what England fans have said on reddit.

Yeah I think this is going over a lot of old ground. Honestly I think it's a internet thing. My English mates were salty at the time with regards to the decisions but even after the game they were pretty accepting of the defeat as they thought they were no way near good enough in the second half and deserved to lose. It's actually a trait I admire amongst a lot of English fans I know in real life, they tend to shake your hand and say well done, perhaps more so than some Welsh people are willing to do a lot of the time. The ones where you play better and have calls go against you are the games that leave a bitter taste in your mouth but I don't think you can say that about England's loss in Cardiff just as I don't think you can say it for Wales in our game at Twickenham in 2020.

I think most rational people accept things can go for you and things can go against you. Usually it's dependent on where you're playing. Home and you tend to get more 50/50s going your way but when you're away you tend to lose out on a few calls. I don't think its more than that to be honest. I'm fully expecting an English win next year and I wouldn't mind betting they'll be a few decisions that will go against us but ultimately it will be down to us to win the game. If we have a more or less fully fit 23, play to our potential and keep our discipline we'll have a great chance of winning. Anything else below that and we'll certainly lose but that will be on us.

Latest posts