• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC19 Warm-Up] - Ireland vs. Wales

When have Ireland ever revealed anything from this supposed Schmidt secret play book?
Agree with this. I'd say there's some set plays yet to come out but probably need smoother lineout ball for those to even function.

I know it's a meme but he does pull out power plays and score off first phase ball a lot. Obviously he won't be showing these in warm ups either.

Stockdale against NZ as well. They do exist and he definitely has some lined up for Japan. No one is expecting some kind of reinvented gameplan.

Stockdale against NZ as well. They do exist and he definitely has some lined up for Japan. No one is expecting some kind of reinvented gameplan.
Well yesterday definitely showed signs of a bit of expansion and less of a focus on low risk phase play. This reminds me a lot of 2016 where the 6n was pretty poor and it didn't look like we were changing at all and by the summer tour and even more so in Autumn, a few personnel changes allowed us to implement not necessarily a new gameplan but an evolved one to get some great performances and results in.

I think this is the first time we might have used our warm up games well rather than just nothing games to dust off the cobwebs, England might be remembered as a blessing in disguise because it exposed all of our weaknesses so badly at once and fortunately we have more than adequate fixes for all bar the lineout. Teams have won stuff without a great lineout before too, it's a useful weapon but not something that'll often decide a game on its own.

Latest posts