• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC19 Warm-Up] - Wales vs. Ireland

1. ABs
2. Argentina
3/4. Aus/SA

Anyone else should be honored to be allowed play against these gods.

I am really happy that J.Evans is getting his start. Now is the begining of his progression into one of the best 10s Wales have had for a long time. I just hope it isnt a hiding and knocks him back too far.

Amos at 15 is good. Natural position and will allow him to hit some good lines off Watkin and Evans.

Welsh centers are really fighting for their place in the 23 so expect a big game from both or they actually risk being left out of the squad all together.

Owen Lane is the wildcard for me. Such a gifted player and can ease past North in the next few seasons IF he can stay fit. He just seems a bit like a racehorse atm. He is so close to the edge all the time with all his tweaks and strains.

Wales have gone for complete changes while Ireland have dropped in a few ringers giving them favourited tag. If I were them I would hit the short channels and use their better carries to nulify Davies and Navidi at rhe breakdown. Force those two to make the tackles and then kick chase at Steff Evans who will flop around for a bit, drop a few balls and miss a few tackles. He will then make one single break and people will claim he is the next Shane Williams and forget all of his issues.

I personally think Gatland has his squad picked.. unless people excel tomorrow to force him to change his mind.

Also think Wales are gonna struggle.. hopefully not.

Well I'm taking the missus to the game tomorrow and as nice as it would be to send Warren off with a final home victory, I would be surprised if that happened looking at the selections. It's all good though, these boys need some game time and who knows they may surprise us all.

Gats and his squad have been stellar these last couple of years (for the most part) and whether we go to the world cup after a couple of losses, a couple of wins or 1 of each I can see silver-linings in all three outcomes. I hope the Welsh crowd make it clear how much we appreciate the work Gats has put in these last 11-12 years... I'll be doing my part I can assure you of that!

Gwaith rhagorol!

Last edited:
Big game for Scannell and Conan today, both could be starting if they go well.

I'd say the same for Aki and POM for opposite reasons hopefully.

Think winning here is important after last week.
Not sure where this Aki part is from though. If he has a huge game today. Do you think he's possibly ahead of Henshaw

A lot of people have forgotten how good Henshaw is, Aki is nowhere near him and never has been. Henshaw's performances coming directly off an injury layoff at the end of last season were ridiculous.

1. ABs
2. Argentina
3/4. Aus/SA

Anyone else should be honored to be allowed play against these gods.

Home Nations fans getting very salty with Pichot
Guy doesn't mess around

He rightly exposed with his list of Foreign born players in which he made the excellent point of
Mercenary players, "Project Players" corrupting the game & comprising the Integrity of
International Rugby

No one thinks Wales are best team in World Rugby

Who really believes that the Boyos would win a game IN Auckland, Jo'burg Sydney
As well as their recent record in Dublin & London

Boks & ABs are better teams than Wales

Welsh are paper champions & Frauds at #1
Let them enjoy their week or 2 in the sun.....

I see the roof is closed. Who is it that decides that? I personally don't think it's fair if the home side are free to make the call as they will be more used to the conditions. Surely the consent of the away side is needed otherwise the officials should decide just like at Wimbledon. The ball tends to zip through the air more quickly under a closed roof and there is more of a rock concert atmosphere.

Home Nations fans getting very salty with Pichot
Guy doesn't mess around

He rightly exposed with his list of Foreign born players in which he made the excellent point of
Mercenary players, "Project Players" corrupting the game & comprising the Integrity of
International Rugby

No one thinks Wales are best team in World Rugby

Who really believes that the Boyos would win a game IN Auckland, Jo'burg Sydney
As well as their recent record in Dublin & London

Boks & ABs are better teams than Wales

Welsh are paper champions & Frauds at #1
Let them enjoy their week or 2 in the sun.....
His "list" of foreign players was copied from a poorly researched and wildly inaccurate YouTube video. That's the level of professionalism this guy is at.

The criticism of the rankings is a bit lazy to be honest, no ranking system can actually watch the games, it's entirely results based and Wales genuinely do gave the best set if results over the last year or so. That doesn't make them the best team in the world obviously but it would be nice if the people giving out about it could come up with an alternative instead of whinging about a system that has a few flaws that aren't really possible to prevent.

Nice turnover from Stockdale, slightly ruined with a terrible pass from Carty. Addison has started very brightly.

Aki has already f***ed up two attacks, unsurprising.

Latest posts