• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool A] Round 4 - Japan vs. Scotland (13/10/2019)

No idea but remaining Scotland fans are grumbling on the inquest thread. Scotland showed what happens when you mess with the 4 year cycle. Other than the England games, we've not really turned in a performance under Townsend. Laidlaw and Barclay should be thanked for their service and waved on their way. We need to reassess our centres as Duncan Taylor was a gamble that did not pay off at this tournament. Most teams have one guaranteed centre starting (of not both positions) while Scotland continued to experiment through the World Cup. It's no surprise really given we didn't adopt the 4 year cycle.

You adopt everyone else, why not the cycle too?? Shame on you!!

No idea but remaining Scotland fans are grumbling on the inquest thread. Scotland showed what happens when you mess with the 4 year cycle. Other than the England games, we've not really turned in a performance under Townsend. Laidlaw and Barclay should be thanked for their service and waved on their way. We need to reassess our centres as Duncan Taylor was a gamble that did not pay off at this tournament. Most teams have one guaranteed centre starting (of not both positions) while Scotland continued to experiment through the World Cup. It's no surprise really given we didn't adopt the 4 year cycle.
Beat the Wallabies home and away. That's something. Although, under Cheika not what it once might have been.

Pretty sure they overtook France into 7th.
I thought that was for if France lost to England, rather than officially drew?
Or was that a similar case for them to reach 6th?

ETA: WR updated things midnight this morning - Japan are 7th.
They'd reach 6th with any victory over SA
They'd reach 5th if England also beat Australia
They could reach 4th with a big win over SA, but even that would require wins for England and NZ against Australia and Ireland

Last edited:
I thought that was for if France lost to England, rather than officially drew?
Or was that a similar case for them to reach 6th?

ETA: WR updated things midnight this morning - Japan are 7th
Not sure that the 'draws' were considered for ranking points as if they had New Zealand would've dropped to into the high 88's.

Beat the Wallabies home and away. That's something. Although, under Cheika not what it once might have been.
Away was indeed a decent result, I'll give you that. Followed I think by getting beat by Fiji though.
That home game though the Aussies were at their absolute lowest. I remember thinking going into that game "we're favourites" so while it was good to win, it against poor opposition.

What bag of poo "news" site is this, where are Scotland threatening legal action as per the headline?

Does a Scottish fan saying "I hope we sue them for every penny" qualify as that now? Do they even exist or is "Mr. Smith" a fabrication, the article does state it is out to mock Scotland after all...
I think putting twitter comments as a headline and writing a couple paragraphs of garbage counts as satire these days.

What bag of poo "news" site is this, where are Scotland threatening legal action as per the headline?

Does a Scottish fan saying "I hope we sue them for every penny" qualify as that now? Do they even exist or is "Mr. Smith" a fabrication, the article does state it is out to mock Scotland after all... Well done Jim360.
I think it's just a joke article &/ site... cruel but not intended to be read as serious.

Does a Scottish fan saying "I hope we sue them for every penny" qualify as that now? Do they even exist or is "Mr. Smith" a fabrication, the article does state it is out to mock Scotland after all... Well done Jim360.

After all the fuss they made about suing WR if the match was cancelled you can hardly be surprised. Hell it was mentioned on here multiple times. If this upsets then I'm afraid for you in the big bad real world you precious little thing.

After all the fuss they made about suing WR if the match was cancelled you can hardly be surprised. Hell it was mentioned on here multiple times. If this upsets then I'm afraid for you in the big bad real world you precious little thing.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Yeah probably. I remember unjustifiably hating them in 2007 for pouring water on both the Fiji and Argentina runs.

The big party pooping bullies. Boo.

Fiji kept knocking forward as well, every time they looked like scoring a match-winning try. Bloddy frustrating.

Still, was glad they beat England in the final. I have nothing against them despite being Welsh, but that ITV presenter doing a parody of "Your boys took one hell of a beating" using French celebrities and historical figures, while looking all smug after the semi final, made me want the South Africans to wipe the smug look off his face.

Latest posts