Saint-André does a Lievremont

FrenchFan

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Toulouse
[video]http://video.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/6-nations/2015/philippe-saint-andre-une-carriere-se-fait-sur-le-terrain-pas-dans-les-medias_vid362781/video.shtml?_ga=1.25700277.962665669.1425303333[/video]

Now you know why they call him Ouin Ouin...

It bet it'll finish like RWC99: Players will manage themselves...

It bet it'll finish like RWC99: Players will manage themselves...

That interview will come back to haunt him because he sure will lose the dressing room after what he said.

its already been lost for quite a while now so nothing new there, the FFR will not sack him he will leave after the WC, egg on face does not happen with the FFR.

Basically as he is in a massive hole he has turned on his own changing room and players
he said he will not step down and is here till the end of the WC.
Treated some of the more capped players as Starlettes, and added that the proof of a good player is on the pitch and not behiond some camera for an advertising campagne etc etc
he would select Espoirs under 23's but none of them ever player in the TOP 14 not quite true.

IN FACT HE WENT ON FOR QUITE A WHILE WITH HIS RANTINGS THE ONLY PERSON HE FORGOT TO CRITISE WAS HIMSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!
and it is a well know fact that the FFR will not sack him so he knows he is here till the end of the WC which could be very short lived for France. What will probably happen is the senior players will take over and he will be what he already is a media spokesperson, the only thing he is capable of ,but the only thing which is promising is FTD is back in full contact training and will be showing shortly, he must walk back into the French team, he has no competition.

Last edited:
So, for those who can't speak French and are interested...

"I've been covering for them for three years. The France jersey should bring out your best, you should be a gladiator," said Saint-Andre.

"The result is that you lose to Wales four times in a row. If some of them think the highest level is too hard, they've got my telephone number.
"There are guys who started three years ago and have 30 or 40 caps now. You have to stop hiding behind smokescreens.
"Your career is forged on the pitch and not in the media posing for photos.
"We don't need little stars. In rugby the team is the star and it needs champions.
"Yesterday (Saturday), I didn't see many champions."
Saint-Andre also blamed the club game, which has more matches than any other major league in the world, for France's failings, suggesting the influx of star foreigners has prevented French players from playing regularly.
"I'd love to be the problem in French rugby, but there are others," he said defiantly.
"And when I'm told to go looking for other players, I reply that the under-20s did the Grand Slam last year but how many are playing in the Top 14?
"There are only three. You have to ask the true questions. If we have to wait until they're 25-26 to play in the Top 14, what can we do?"
Whatever happens, though, Saint-Andre said he will never quit.
"I've never jumped ship, whether as player, captain, manager, coach or father," he said.
"I'll never leave the boat. I was given a role, a position: to prepare this team for the World Cup so we have a great World Cup and I will fight every day to do that. I will die with my convictions."
http://tenplay.com.au/news/2015/03/02/saint-andre-blasts-underperforming-stars

Basically as he is in a massive hole he has turned on his own changing room and players
he said he will not step down and is here till the end of the WC.
Treated some of the more capped players as Starlettes, and added that the proof of a good player is on the pitch and not behiond some camera for an advertising campagne etc etc
he would select Espoirs under 23's but none of them ever player in the TOP 14 not quite true.

IN FACT HE WENT ON FOR QUITE A WHILE WITH HIS RANTINGS THE ONLY PERSON HE FORGOT TO CRITISE WAS HIMSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!
and it is a well know fact that the FFR will not sack him so he knows he is here till the end of the WC which could be very short lived for France. What will probably happen is the senior players will take over and he will be what he already is a media spokesperson, the only thing he is capable of ,but the only thing which is promising is FTD is back in full contact training and will be showing shortly, he must walk back into the French team, he has no competition.

His bit about the U20 is hilarious. Imagine the club presidents and head coaches who listened to that.

Everybody knows he has consistenly overlooked young upcoming talent. He thought it better to give caps to Kockott and Spedding.

He should pick the entire FFR U20 squad directly for the WC. They'd be more interested at this stage.

FFR have burnt every last remaining bridge they had with the clubs because of him.

After the WC they are going to wake up with a MAJOR hangover..........

Saint-Andre also blamed the club game, which has more matches than any other major league in the world, for France's failings, suggesting the influx of star foreigners has prevented French players from playing regularly.

What did he do exactly in Toulon when he was the manager?

He let those things happen and he is now blaming it!! He must be kidding!

He claimed youngsters are not getting enough time blah blah. He mentions a Yacouba Camara of Stade Toulousain

Last season Camara played 24 games and started 15 in Top 14 and Europe. That's PLENTY of game time over here for a 20 yo in the most competitive backrow any club can come up with: Picamoles Nyanga Dusautoir Harinordoquy Galan Maka sorry running out of space here!!

Nyanga played 23 started 17...how did the kid get 24 games hey?! He must be bribing Noves :eek: He was also one of the leading players with Fra U20 that won the GS.

Also, funny detail, Philippe has to pick up a paper to actually read the name of the 3 (yes three) players he mentions to make his point. Imagine having to pick up a piece of paper in the midst of a press conf because you can't remember the names of 3 players you're claiming to follow as part of your job over the last 3.5 yrs....oh boy :huh:

Philippe's mickey fit fools no one this side of la Garonne I guarantee.

His message about our player and the league to all club owners, presidents, head coaches as well as the internationals he claims to coach has been heard loud and clear

They 're going to close the door on the Blue Barnum pronto .......

Last edited:

Latest posts