• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Saints snap up Mayor

G

getofmeland

Saints snap up Mayor
Northampton agree deal to sign with Sale centre
Last updated: 14th February 2008

Mayor: Set to join Northampton

Northampton Saints have continued their planning for their expected return to the Guinness Premiership by signing centre Chris Mayor from Sale Sharks.

Mayor, a former England Under 21 and Sevens international, will join the Saints at the start of next season - with the club expected to complete an instant return to the top-flight after a season in National One.

With 63 appearances and 11 tries for Sale, Mayor has been a valuable member of their squad - however the arrival of Luke McAlister and emergence of Lee Thomas have limited his chances.

Northampton director of rugby Jim Mallinder was delighted with the signing as he looks to build for next season.

Talented

"Chris is a talented player who will bring plenty of good attributes to the Saints squad," he said.
"He is a strong, elusive centre who reads the game well. Chris also knows what it takes to succeed in the Premiership having won there with Sale. He is a good signing for Northampton Saints."
Mayor himself is looking forward to working with former Sale coach Mallinder again.

"This is a great opportunity for me," Mayor said.
"It is a new challenge to take my game forward. I've worked with Jim Mallinder before and he is an excellent coach."

From Sky Sports

Apart from Besty, I know sod all about this seasons signings so far.

Anyway, when we going to get Foden?

Absolutely immense signing as far as I'm concerned. I've honestly said in the past that if I were to put together a top standard Premiership squad, this guy would be in in. He's strong, he's fast, he's an excellent finisher - he may never reach the echelons of international rugby, but he is a very good man to have in your squad.

Delighted to see him coming to the Gardens.

There was a rumour that he was going to return to Wigan.
Good signing for Northampton IMO.

Well, if he's a top quality inside centre I won't complain. We only have 2 12s as it is, so a good one who will link with between Spencer and Clarke is always welcome.

Latest posts