• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Saints Unbeaten in 2006

am i asking to much, wanting our first choice kicker to have a better success ratio than 52%[/b]

I'm not saying that's wrong or anything but, I would rather Bruce did his on the pitch duties more proffesionally than his on the T duties...especially as Carlos will be soon kicking at this rate anyway...

every time he misses a kick we lose 3 points , weve lost nearly all the games weve lost by6 or less and hes always missed at least pens.... his kicking is a liability.

every time he misses a kick we lose 3 points , weve lost nearly all the games weve lost by6 or less and hes always missed at least pens.... his kicking is a liability.[/b]

I won't say your talking bo**ocks there or anything but, maybe he needs more confidence from fans to be able to kick his Saints back into the top 5...

...remember our game plan has been more important than anything...we can't rely on kicking measly points here and there...

you mean we can't rely on bruce kicking measly points here and there ??

hehehe

you mean we can't rely on bruce kicking measly points here and there ??[/b]

I mean we need to think about what the TEAM is doing, not what one player is doing right or wrong...

...His kicking hasn't been highly helpful up to recent but since we have been going for the try's we have played really entertaining rugby and we look alot more confident in our game...

Yes i agree its entertaining getting trys , but were not there to be entertaining...... but hey you never no the odd conversion or pen might be just as entertaining

Yes i agree its entertaining getting trys , but were not there to be entertaining...... but hey you never no the odd conversion or pen might be just as entertaining[/b]

You watch rugby to be entertained...to some extnet anywho...

...Rugby is something you enjoy watching, and if its really boring and don't score enough try's then we are not going to get anywhere are we?

his a thought why not scrap conversions and run penalties to save time and bruces dignity

his a thought why not scrap conversions and run penalties to save time and bruces dignity[/b]

Then we might aswell change the club name to Northampton's Barbarians...

Originally posted by philhirons@Feb 12 2006, 12:16 PM
his a thought why not scrap conversions and run penalties to save time and bruces dignity
Your an idiot.

Unless he's taught himself to kick since he went to the old folks home, there is no way in hell I would want Spencer doing the Goal Kicking, and thats coming from a person who worships the water he walks on.

Unless he's taught himself to kick since he went to the old folks home, there is no way in hell I would want Spencer doing the Goal Kicking, and thats coming from a person who worships the water he walks on.[/b]

And why's that?

Originally posted by Air Ben@Feb 12 2006, 11:15 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Unless he's taught himself to kick since he went to the old folks home, there is no way in hell I would want Spencer doing the Goal Kicking, and thats coming from a person who worships the water he walks on.

And why's that? [/b][/quote]
Because Spencer is one of the most inconsistent goalkickers to ever leave the shores of New Zealand.

Originally posted by Air Ben@Feb 12 2006, 11:24 PM
Because Spencer is one of the most inconsistent goalkickers to ever leave the shores of New Zealand

Just because he left NZ.... B) [/b][/quote]
No, he was inconsistent when he was in New Zealand as well ;)

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Feb 12 2006, 10:23 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Air Ben
@Feb 12 2006, 11:15 PM
<div class='quotemain'>

And why's that? [/b][/quote]
Because Spencer is one of the most inconsistent goalkickers to ever leave the shores of New Zealand. [/b][/quote]
To be honest, he can't be any more inconsistant than Reihana.

Carlos has kicked a few for us, mainly long ranged kicks and more or less slots them everytime...

Ah... It's the ones that are right out in front that he bungs[/b]

We have only used him a few times for long distance, which is his speciality by the looks of things...

Bit worried about Bruce and his kicking but would prefer the gameplan to work and not the kicking..

Latest posts