• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sale v Quins

M

MunsterMan

I see Monye learned nothing from the first Lions test, ball in your left hand, hand off with the right and Quins would have probably won if Clegg kicked the conversion. Really frustrating, as IMO Monye has all the tools to be one of the top wingers in the world.

Olly, Gaskell, Briggs and Seymour are indeed unreal, especially Gaskell. Dwayne Peel very good too.

Turned it off to watch Dr. Who. Seemed like the intelligent option considering how dull the first 40 was.

That said, Gaskells was a good score.

Duly noted :D

Mite, Quins had a penalty in front of the posts with 4 to go, went for a scrum and Monye nearly went over in the corner with 80 minutes on the clock, but was only just put into touch before he grounded it, but he had the ball in the wrong hand which Greenwood started to criticize before Sky reminded him Monye was English and he quickly stopped ;)

TBF to Monye in the lions test, his first missed try, where the ball was in the wrong hand, he'd just handed off a player, then got hit by a player coming from the other side, so didn't have time to juggle to ball around

That said, i'm glad he messed up today :D

Gaskell + Lawes the future england props?

Very impressed with Briggs the last couple of games as well, he just seems to be everywhere on the pitch. Impressed with Carl Fearns as well, got a decent backrow going on with him Seymour and the monster that is Koyamaibole, especially with Abrahams on the bench for impact subbing
Reckon we should've had Lee Thomas on at 12 instead of the owners 19yr old son... but yeah, good result, if a little hairy at the end

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Jan 1 2010, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
TBF to Monye in the lions test, his first missed try, where the ball was in the wrong hand, he'd just handed off a player, then got hit by a player coming from the other side, so didn't have time to juggle to ball around

Very impressed with Briggs the last couple of games as well, he just seems to be everywhere on the pitch. Impressed with Carl Fearns as well, got a decent backrow going on with him Seymour and the monster that is Koyamaibole, especially with Abrahams on the bench for impact subbing
Reckon we should've had Lee Thomas on at 12 instead of the owners 19yr old son... but yeah, good result, if a little hairy at the end[/b]

Probably not, seeing as they're both Second rows :p .

Has anyone noticed that Quins seem to be developing a knack for losing close games? Smacks of a lack of leadership to me.

Bleurgh, complete brainfart.
I'm sure i called Kearney a backrower somewhere on here as well

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Jan 1 2010, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Jan 1 2010, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Reckon we should've had Lee Thomas on at 12 instead of the owners 19yr old son... but yeah, good result, if a little hairy at the end[/b]

Has anyone noticed that Quins seem to be developing a knack for losing close games? Smacks of a lack of leadership to me.
[/b][/quote]
Skinner's decision to go for the try rather than goal would add weight to that claim.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Jan 2 2010, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Has anyone noticed that Quins seem to be developing a knack for losing close games? Smacks of a lack of leadership to me.[/b]
Saw a bit of this, when Quins were moving the ball from side to side to side to side. If you turn the pitch through 90' it makes for a very dramatic game.

They need a better 10/12 combination, I guess.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Jan 1 2010, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Jan 1 2010, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Jan 1 2010, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
Skinner's decision to go for the try rather than goal would add weight to that claim.
[/b][/quote]
It sort of made sense considering how close they got, but a penalty and a DG/another penalty wouldve been the safer/smarter option

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jan 1 2010, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Jan 2 2010, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anyone noticed that Quins seem to be developing a knack for losing close games? Smacks of a lack of leadership to me.[/b]
Saw a bit of this, when Quins were moving the ball from side to side to side to side. If you turn the pitch through 90' it makes for a very dramatic game.

They need a better 10/12 combination, I guess.
[/b][/quote]
They have a quality ten in Nick Evans as well all know so by that logic alot of blame must fall on the ridiculously named Tosh Masson.

Latest posts